“Disappointing food.”
Review of The Sire Museum Restaurant - CLOSED

The Sire Museum Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Sire Museum Restaurant is situated within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Georgetown. We serve contemporary western cuisine and a few local favorites. The museum at the back portion of the building features the story of a philanthropist, Yeap Chor Ee.More info/photos available on Facebook
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The building is beautiful and the food is quite expensive so you would expect it to be quite tasty but it is not. It is very nicely presented but tastes very bland. We left feeling we could have gotten better food for a cheaper price from most other restaurants.

2  Thank Oneironaught

Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the outside, the restaurant's exterior facade does not look like much. Inside however, the restaurant boast of gorgeous interior that blends modem chic with old school charm without loosing its core Penang heritage. The service was good, though the foreign waiter's accent was a little difficult to understand at times. The menu was quite a delight and we had a good time exploring its diverse offerings. All in all the meal was satisfactory, the price reasonable and the service good. I take it to be good because a lot of the restaurants customers are locals, Penang Lang. There is also a nice little museum at the back to explore after the meal

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food overpriced and did not meet my expectation. Only thing makes me satisfied was the decoration of restaurant.

Ordered wagyu cheek which was quite pricey and I expected the taste could be better. However, it was overdone and its gravy tasted like can food which I can easily buy in supermarket. Disappointed and will not go back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant. Melissa and I accidently stubble upon this restaurant while looking for another restaurant.
The service and food was fantastic. I had the foie gras salad and my friend had the Caesar salad. The foie gras was amazing.
We also celebrated my 19th birthday here.
It was perfect.
P.S. The cake was awesome

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Came here with my husband and was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and very attentive. The food was very good and the pumkin soup is definitely worth trying. The museum within the restaurant was nice way to discover some of Penangs history regarding one of its most influential families. I will definitely come here again.