Museum Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$45
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

Hotel Jen Penang(George Town)
US$126
US$71
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
US$123
US$108
US$71
US$61
Muntri Grove Hotel(George Town)
US$116
US$101
Campbell House(George Town)
US$126
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$36
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$40/night.

Spices Hotel(George Town)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Seven Terraces(George Town)
US$192
US$186
4,079 results
All reviewsnew wingplanters loungevictory annexesarkies cornercorner suiteinfinity poollone pinebutler servicecocktail hourold world charmsea viewbeautiful hoteloriginal buildingcolonial stylehigh teahuge bathroomstraits quay
Reviewed March 22, 2015

We loved the accommodation the room 301in original part of hotel was great overlooking the sea and pool. The food was very nice and the staff very attentive, such a nice environment even with 3 weddings happening didn't really notice. Dinner by pool in newer section was wonderful.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OSJack
EasternandOriental1, Hotel Manager at Eastern & Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2015

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of the Eastern & Oriental
Hotel in this review. It is nice to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay
with us.

It would be great to have you visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 21, 2015 via mobile

Charming hotel right in downtown Georgetown. Not in a buzzing place : the Gurney strip would be better I would have thought. Rooms were large and furnished in a way to capture the colonial past.
Likes:
- fairly central location
- sea facing large rooms
- large spaces within the hotel so no feeling of crampiness

Dislikes
- room service was non-existent
- F&B outlets were shut by 1130pm even the bar!

Perhaps if I was on vacation I would have had written a slightly different review. In summary, a nice hotel but I do question whether it's a hotel for business travellers.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2015 via mobile

We had a wonderful all-girl getaway in Penang on February and We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang. Amazing large room in the Heritage Wing is perfect for our vacation. There are 2 Queen size bed in the room with a view of the sea. I'm enchanted by the colonial design of the room in the heritage wing. I believe it brings out the old world charm of the building. As for the Annexe Wing, I think it is more modern and I have yet to experience the rooms in the new wing. The pool in the annexe wing is beautifully overlooking the sea but the water is a little chilly... Breakfast spread is generous and valet service is available.
What I especially love about the hotel too is your wonderful, hospitable staffs- from the valet drivers, doorman, concierge, reception, housekeeping, f&b staffs, security staff and everyone I might have forgotten to mention, who ensure that our stay is a pleasant one, and for that I'd like to say thank you very much. You all are an asset to the hotel indeed. And to Nasri (hope I get the spelling right) who checked my friends and I in, your hospitality professionalism is outstanding. I really love the Eastern & Oriental Hotel Penang and her people and I'd certainly be back.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2015

This was our third visit to the E&O and we still think it's a wonderful hotel, The bedrooms and bathrooms in the Victory Annexe are grand and well maintained. The balconies overlooking the bay are delightful. Breakfast on the terrace is great, but the piece de resistance is happy hour in the Planters Lounge each evening. A great opportunity to sit, relax and meet other guests. No doubt we'll be back again!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RoRoBrisbane
EasternandOriental1, Hotel Manager at Eastern & Oriental Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased to read that we have once again made your stay
memorable on your 3rd visit and that you would be returning.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay
with us and it is indeed a pleasure to know that you had a lovely
time here.

We look forward to receiving you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2015

What a beauty - This classical landmark hotel oozes charm and elegance. From the moment you walk in you feel special. We stayed in the Annex Wing which included acces to the lounge for early cocktails and a great selection of snacks. Loved having our breakfast on the terrace and the service was good and efficient.

The bedrooms are oversized as was the bathroom just enjoyed the overall luxury feel of the rooms. We had a balcony overlooking the sea and loved having a coffee first thing in the morning and taking in the view. Really special.

The infinity pool area is great and has a complete Seaview which is very relaxing just perfect to catch the sun and chill Overall we had an excellent stay with great service. I really can't fault this hotel at all

Would I return - yes for sure I think this is on my favourite list

Room Tip: Ask for a a Full Seaview Room
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

It is wonderful to learn that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.
We are glad that you were pleased with your accommodation in the
Victory Annexe and the facilities it has to offer.

We strive to maintain the highest level of service, hospitality and comfort
of our guests, and were happy that your stay at the Eastern and Oriental
Hotel was such a positive experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.