4,173 results
All reviewsnew wingplanters loungevictory annexesarkies cornercorner suiteinfinity poollone pinebutler servicecocktail hourold world charmsea viewbeautiful hoteloriginal buildingcolonial stylehigh teahuge bathroomstraits quay
Reviewed October 16, 2017

I stayed at E&O from 11-13 October 2017, and I must say the place has already give a strong impression since my first arrival. Not only that the design of the hotel is so elegant and beautiful but The Hotel staff was very attentive and helpful with my luggage and check-in process.

I always greeted by every hotel staff that I met from the corridor of my room to the main door. Every question was answered thoughtfully and as the first timer to Penang, the front office staff were more than helpful with the map and explanation of each destination that I asked (from the coffee shop, nasi kandar place where the locals go or the street arts and must-visit temples, jetty, etc)

Breakfast, lunch and dinner both buffet and a la carte were excellent. I love the variety and quality of the food they have. I stayed in a corner suite with a balcony looking to the sea and you can definitely enjoy sunrise from the balcony. The room is spacious and clean, very well maintained despite E&O is the oldest 5* hotel in Malaysia.

I recommend this hotel for those who are going to Penang and would like to enjoy good service during their stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dwi L
Reviewed October 14, 2017

What an unbelievable hotel, the best place we've stayed at in Asia! Service was superb, thanks especially for the complimentary bottle of wine that was sent to our room after reception staff found out we were about to get married. The breakfast in the "Planters Lounge" can certainly be recommended. The complimentary drinks and snacks at the Planters Lounge (6th floor of the Victory Annexe) daily between 5-6pm was an unexpected treat - the pool deck outside the Planters Lounge has an amazing view of the ocean.

Room Tip: We stayed at the "Victory Annexe" and requested an ocean facing room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickWhite_12
Reviewed October 13, 2017

This special and grand hotel is a perfect choice if you would like to create beautiful memories... The Hotel is just gorgeous but the staff and management cannot be faulted,, My husband and l spent 6 nights there and every morning we were greeted with smiles & good mornings, nothing was to much for anyone that worked to we were very impressed. Stayed at many Hotels this is number one with us at the moment... Food, Room, View & People amazing...We stayed in the E&O Annex

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1106 had great views..
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 2013vietnam2013
Reviewed October 13, 2017

I stayed at the E&O with my adult daughter for 4 days while we toured George Town on foot. The city was fascinating and we especially enjoyed searching out the street art. It was so lovely to return to the Hotel in such comfort but still feel you were in Malaysia. Our room was large with a fabulous bathroom, making us feel like we were living in the past as wealthy visitors! Great facilities, beautiful rooftop pool with sensational views and excellent buffet breakfast. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Room Tip: Original part of building was traditional style but beautiful with ocean views.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrea H
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This was one of the best trip I ever had to any place just because of the quality and comfort provided by Eastern & Oriental Hotel. The location by the sea is awesome and the rooms are near to royal touch. I spent 4 nights and each night was a royal night. Simply speechless! especially the well trained staff and their way of handling the guests. Awesome!

Room Tip: Go for the room with balcony facing sea. Breakfast is awesome.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business