All reviewsbeach cafegurney drivejacuzzi tubmr firdausliving halldining tablegreat sea viewhuge roomno liftinfinity poolbit datedseparate showerspacious bathroomhotel lobbybuffet breakfastfood courthotel management
Reviewed July 18, 2017

Excellent service from doorman - attentive, helped us hail taxis, helped with luggage. Breakfast buffet great - fresh buns, noodles, Nasi Lemak. BUT, room safe out of order, cockroaches, blinds could not be drawn, laminate floor buckled from water damage, light switches inconvenient to use, Wi-Fi did not work a lot of the time, water splashes down onto the pavement from pool above (look up!). Renos badly needed.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Poor A
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

I don't usually write review about hotel but it's really a bad experience staying here this time. We stayed here back in 2014 it's was old but things work out pretty good, we did enjoy our stay. Fast forward to 2017 july, we thought the experience won't be far off from last time but things have change so much.

First was the check in.. We arrive about 5pm, I have booked a non smoking room as we are very sensitive about the smell, I was told only the smoking room left, and there is nothing they can do as it's was only subject to availability. What's the point to chose a non smoking room during booking and only subject to availability?
No way I told the reception staff I will demand a cancellation and a full refund as it's was not our fault at all. The suddenly they have non smoking room.

Next when we got into the room.. there were staines on the bed sheet, we have to ask house keeping to change

The toilet have a weird musty smell.

The hair dryer is not working in the bathe room.. had to call house keeping to bring one to the room only to find out all the hair dryer is used by other guests..which mean alot of hair dryer is not working?

Lastly as I am writing this review the temperature is the room is pretty warm even when the settings at at 16deg and fan mode is at high.

My room is 2703
Period of stay is July..

Worst experience ever..

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear Jiann Bing,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. Please accept our sincere apology for the unfavourable experience you encountered during your stay. I have shared your feedback with the respective managers and the issues mentioned in your review have been resolved.

I have sent you a separate email to your personal email account. We hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back to The Northam. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

Location is good, particularly if you drive, as it is between the historical part of Penang and Penang's popular beaches. Food choices are also plentiful in the area.

Although still pleasant, the hotel is showing its age and could do with a facelift. Our suite was generously sized but some effort should have been made to ensure that the room was ready for guests. In our case, the in room safe had to be changed twice. Toiletries were also not properly stocked although they made up for it they following day.

The breakfast spread was acceptable with a decent range of choices.

Staff are pleasant, cheerful and helpful, probably the hotel's best asset.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience with us. We are delighted to learn that you are satisfied with the specious suite and the service you experienced during your stay. Thank you for your constructive feedback and I have shared your comments with the respective managers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Northam in the near future. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 12, 2017

I stayed here for two nights, and I like it. The room was very spacious, the bathroom is also spacious and of course, the best part is the ocean view, you can see the sunrise every day from the room. they also have nice swimming pool and the breakfast is very good. but, the reception is not welcoming and I experience electricity down for two times during my stay plus an emergency alarm in the middle of the night even thou nothing happened.
but the overall experience is nice and I probably will come to visit again someday.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Very prompt service and friendly hotel from when I pulled in until I pulled out. This is such a nice property along Gurney area with a lot of bang for your buck. Rates are reasonable for the quality hotel like this, and importantly, the check in process was very quick and easy( *Thanks to the reservation Dept Ms Zihan's amazing arrangement).

Walked into room and was happy with the size even though the room and bathroom areas are a little dated and bath towels are way too old to use...

But It will keep me back from coming to stay here again as the room pros weigh out that few con.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
WangChenYee, Hotel Manager at The Northam All Suite Penang, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are pleased to learn that you were delighted with the service and hospitality delivered by our team, especially Ms Zihan. We will share your encouragement with the team to inspire them to continue striving for excellence.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards.