Lowest prices for your stay
US$94
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$93
Hotels.comUS$93
TravelocityUS$93
Prestigia.comUS$290
1,286 results
All reviews argus suite boutique hotel rain shower afternoon tea by the pool stewart lane terrace houses peranakan style beautiful hotel in house restaurant steep stairs antique furniture shop houses small pool four poster bed historic georgetown rooms are large breakfast was delicious
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I want to be very clear about the good things. The location, ambience and setting of Seven Terraces is hard to beat. The place is stunning and the story behind the restoration is fascinating. The staff are very friendly; the breakfast is delicious and overall, it beats hands down the experience in a chain hotel.

However, for a boutique hotel I think there are things that can still be improved upon.

There is no excuse to have instant coffee in the bedrooms. A small Nespresso machine would be adequate and a better stocked minibar. Providing just water and some lychee juice is simply not good enough.

This brings me on to breakfast. There is an espresso machine in the restaurant less than 20m away from the breakfast room - use it please! You should not be offering Nespresso coffee to guests for breakfast. This is not what we expect from this sort of hotel. You should also be providing freshly squeezed juices. These two things are very easy.

The information in the room about the hotel needs to be left out more prominently. And there could be more options with regard to food tours and just generally to promote George Town a bit better.

I struggled to find anyone to unlock the pool fridge when I wanted a drink. There could be a better system of poolside refreshment.

Overall: great experience, but for this sort of hotel, the details matter.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank eatmyhat
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I stayed for a week between June 28 and July 5 in this exquisitely crafted hotel. The owner by saving this dwelling gives the guest a feeling of how folk lived before. All the staff made me feel totally at home by their friendly welcoming manner. Thanks to General Manager Robert and Resident Manager Wendy especially. The pool is lovely and tea served between 4 and 5 allows for guests to mingle. Their restaurant is superb. Mr Ong the proprietor is totally committed to the preservation of buildings in the heritage quarter. What a special experience this was for me.

Room tip: Argus side looks over school grounds and St George Church so a nice view and quiet. I never heard a peep when asleep.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank bruce i
Reviewed July 11, 2017

If you are high on heritage, this is probably the best place to stay in George Town. Located right in the middle of the heritage zone, the beautifully & painstakingly restored Seven Terraces Hotel showcases Peranakan Architecture at its best - thanks to the determination of Chris Ong! Look around and you will find how well the antique elements have been integrated with functionality. Add to that the great location (you can enter the hotel from two streets - Stewart Lane & Argus Lane and the historic St. George's Church is just next door), Debu the adorable cat who is well looked after and lives under the Rolls Royce and of course Robert, Wendy and all the friendly staff who will go out of the way to ensure you get the best out of your trip. In fact, we got invited to a special Hari Raya dinner hosted by the management that was so amazing, with a delicious spread of authentic Penang food! Thanks to the wonderful people at Seven Terraces for making heritage come alive & for making our stay memorable

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fabwrite
Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

My group stayed in this hotel for one night (we stayed in 3 other heritage hotels during our 5-day trip in George Town). We booked 3 duplex rooms for 6 of us. The rooms are spacious and unique (the upper floor is ideal for chatting and playing games). The hotel is converted from 7 old shops and the architecture is well restored. Despite that the hotel is located in a busy area, the sound proof inside the room is good. We also tried the hotel restaurant this time which offer very good fusion food. We simply love this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Fanniawoo
Reviewed July 6, 2017

What a memorable experience for me and my family especially for my 81 yr old grandma loved her stay here. Our original booking was at Muntri Mews but because of some technical problem on the room we supposed to stay in, we were lucky that GTHH upgrade us to Seven Terraces. Apart from being a beautiful property (love, love, love the antiques deco), the service is really what makes this place truly special. Located at the heart of Georgetown heritage center, this beautiful gem truly represent the historic part of Penang. One of the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed. Can't believe this hidden gem is at my kampung.

To everyone at Seven Terraces (especially Robert & Wendy) thank you for your warm hospitality. To Mr. Chris Ong what an amazing place you have, thank you for sharing your love of antiques collection with others. I definitely will repeat my stay here. Highly recommend.

Date of stay: June 2017