See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 23, 2014

I stayed at super K hostel for 3 nights. I didn't plan to stay this long in Penang, but the city alone is absolutely worth it, especially with the food. Moreover, the decision on prolonging my stay was also a big part due to the fun I had at the hostel. Overall, the hostel is very clean, nice air-con, great location, but the owner David is the one who makes the decision of staying here an absolute no-brainer! I stayed there during the week, when there is technically not that much nightlife or anything. However, the owner David, opened up the bar next door just for us (me and some others who were staying at super K). He didn't let us pay for anything, he just wanted us to enjoy ourselves. During the evening, he promised to take us to the beach or a pool the next door. And did he deliver; we had an amazing time at the pool, enjoying ourselves playing games and dares. The night went on just like the entire day, so it became a really fun party night. The snacks at the party were these amazing burgers from right across the street! The next day, he took us to some place to eat a miraculously good hangover food. The day before I left, I unfortunately had already booked my tickets. Firstly because I would have loved staying one more night, and secondly because David could have got me a better deal on the tickets! I will definitely recommend this place to anyone who goes to Penang.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Could really go on all day about how great this place is. I simply had the best time at Super K hostel. To start with, the rooms were clean, with the privacy of a curtain on your bed and the beds being probably the best I have slept on in all my travels. The showers were hot and just like the toilets clean. What made the hostel so brilliant was the atmosphere. It owns this super cool bar that serves the cheapest beer in town and plays live open mic night music every night which is always a blast and more often than not the resident player Anwar shows up and absolutely kills it with everyone going nuts having a great time. The owner David is a top lad who, even after I left the hostel helped me out enormously when I was robbed in a nearby town. He picked me up, let me stay in the hostel and sorted out all of the police work,paid for meals when I had no money and was taking his time to help find the culprit. I am forever grateful for his hospitality and his friendship, going the extra mile with me when he really didn't need to which having seen other reviews is something this hostel does for a lot people. All the staff are great and helpful with everything. I can't speak highly enough about it. Much love guys! Tomi

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Don't think this is too good to be true, Super K hostel is one of a kind. The hostel owner David is an unbelievable guy who goes out of his way to make sure you get the most out of your stay in Penang. He took us out to a deserted island, took us out for amazing food and to a party.The hostel itself has a great location, is clean, cool and has very comfy beds. Really didn't want to leave! Amazing !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed July 2, 2014

All staff is amazingly friendly, helpful and entertaining. Had a great night with owner David and some others in his pub next door, with live music, singing and dancing going on. Amazing! Very hospitable, a real home away from home, even though I was only there for two nights in total.
Comfy beds and nice to have darkening curtains around your own bed, nice cushions on the floor to lounge on and great location: bus to beach stops in front of the hostel and the food night market is right in front of the hostel. All the best, David!

Room Tip: The 4 bed dorm is placed within the 8 bed dorm and so it doesn't have a window. You're better off just taking the 8 bed dorm, I think.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Super K hostel is conveniently located on Chulia street-ideal for any back-packer. The matresses and black-out curtains on the bunk beds provided for a comfortable and private nights sleep. Could not fault the staff for their hospitality, great suggestions for local hotspots, and banter :) Good luck for the rest of your projects, David.

• Stayed: June 2014