All reviews love lane free breakfast free water tea and coffee private room would definitely stay here again location was perfect street food bed dorm fresh fruit rooms are clean other guests walking distance bus stop laundry service drinking water shared bathroom
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

The hostel was ok, the rooms and bathroom seemed clean enough, but me and my friend got covered in bedbug bites after one night. The location was great, the breakfast very basic, showers were nice and staff friendly but a bit confused. But they really need to fix the bedbug situation!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Amalie Christin... B
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Staying here is a great choice for exploring Georgetown. Walking distance to central attractions, pier and bus stops to explore further.
We had a private double room which was a good size with a comfortable bed. We used the shared bathroom facilities, which were always very clean. Towels are provided to you. Drinking water is available for free. Their is a fridge and microwave you can use.
The free breakfast is toast and some melon along with tea and coffee.
The staff were really nice too. Great feel to the place too, old building that has been renovated in a minimalist contemporary way.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I stayed in a mix dorm, the rooms are nice and clean. The breakfast is simple and you can have water for tea and coffee all day long. The staff is friendly and the position is near to street food court.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Really lovely stay at the 80s Guesthouse, breakfast is simple but nice, rooms are comfy and clean. The water cooler and free tea/coffee are a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again if we were in Georgetown

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

One of the major pros is that the hostel replies promptly to online queries. We arrived at 7am in Georgetown. Check-in time is at 3pm, but they allowed us to leave our items in the lobby and take a shower first before we go around. They also allowed early check-in at 1:30pm as long as there is an available room. I highly commend the staff for being so warm and accommodating. I found the facility clean and very homey. They provide free breakfast, practice clean as you go, provide laundry services, and lend adaptors, blower, ear plugs, and the like. The common bathroom and toilet is well-maintained. The place has a rustic and chill vibe which I really appreciate for its being very picturesque.

Other than having only 3 toilets for the entire guest house and the facility not being very soundproof, I have nothing negative to say on my stay in this hotel. I highly recommend that you stay here especially if this is your first time in Penang.

Date of stay: March 2018