Lowest prices for your stay
US$24
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews boutique hotel heritage area four nights deluxe room tourist attractions loft georgetown shophouse architecture zone
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2020

We stayed here in Nov 2018 during for four nights in a Deluxe room which was upstairs. The room was large and had HUGE ceilings which made the room seem bigger and airer. The bathroom was a little small and the doors to the bedroom were a sliding door which wasnt ideal since it got stuck a couple of times.

The front desk and staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They were more than willing to help with advice on where to go and eat etc.

The boutique hotel itself is absolutely beautiful with a small courtyard and was quite charming. The room was also beautifully decorated.

The only negative was that our air-conditioner wasnt working well when we arrived in the morning and when we came back in the afternoon it still hadnt been fixed but as soon as we raised it that afternoon the team came quickly and fixed it.

Location of the hotel is EXCELLENT! perfect walking distance to all the must see areas in GT and centrally located. Quite close to the mall and to the shops in heritage area.

Date of stay: August 2019
Spices Collection, Marketing at Spices Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2020

Dear guest, Thank you for the review and we shall improve further for the comfortable stay of our guests. Hope to see you again in future. Thank you.

Reviewed November 6, 2019

I enjoyed my stay at this lovely hotel. The lobby is beautiful. There is a tree that's embedded into the wall on the staircase outside. It's lovely how it was incorporated into the architecture. Each room was named after a spice. I was in the Cumin room. The architecture was lovely. It is located on the second floor, beams were along the ceiling. There was also a loft above the bathroom with a ladder leading to it. My room was spacious and furnished lovely. I'd gone to huge hotels before arriving at Spices. I was asked to provide a cash deposit that was returned when I left in case of any incidentals. You also have to take off your shoe upon arriving, there is a little cubby where you can leave your shoes. I found neither requests a big deal. Cash is easier for a small business and no shoes left the place cleaner. It's just something you should be aware of. The hotel is within the UNESCO world heritage site. Anywhere within you can hear the call to worship from the mosque. I heard it in another part of town. Again, it wasn't loud or anything that should keep you away from hotel but something to be aware of. The hotel is on a side street, just around the corner is a park. It's a lovely setting in the heart of the city.

Date of stay: October 2019
SpicesHotel, Front Office Manager at Spices Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2020

Dear guest,
Thank you for the review. We hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

Charming boutique hotel, well located, nicely decorated.
We had a big room able to fit four and still giving some privacy to all.
Negative points : quite noisy as close to a mosque and without any soundproofing.
No possibility to have breakfast at the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
SpicesHotel, Front Office Manager at Spices Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Dear guest, thank you for taking your time to write us a review. We noted on the prayers from the mosque nearby and understand the individual acceptance level on the prayers. Thank you.

Reviewed July 25, 2019

Although I was only staying for 3 nights, Eng ensured I had an enjoyable stay and even upgraded me to a quieter room when there was live music playing that weekend. The bedroom was charming and it even has an outdoor area with the nearby mosque in view. The hotel is only a street from Armenian Park and a short walk to the many attractions in the heritage area of Georgetown. I would highly recommend staying here if you wish to enjoy the sights and culture the city has to offer.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear guest, thank you and we hope to see you again in future.

Reviewed July 9, 2019

Absolutely loved Spices Hotel. Staying in a Heritage Hotel surrounded by so much interesting history was the 'cherry on the cake'. Our room was delightful with a desk and a comfortable bed. And the fig tree that has become part of the building - that alone to me is worth seeing.The hotel is perfectly located for exploring all that George Town has to offer. And I'm not sure why people are complaining about the call to prayer at the local mosque - it certainly did not stop us sleeping and to us the foreign sights and sounds are part of why we travel - glorious to wake up and be reminded that a culture different to one's own awaits exploring. .
Most importantly, Julie and Adrien (apologies for any spelling errors) were so helpful, keeping our luggage for us once we'd booked out, suggesting places of interest and helping us with the ins and outs of catching a Grab lift.
If quaint is your thing come and stay here - highly recommended by me.

Date of stay: December 2018