Lowest prices for your stay
US$42
SAVE US$18
Hotels.comUS$39
PricelineUS$42
getaroom.comUS$51
All reviews front office f b nice bed lobby area pleasant stay excellent stay reception counter penang wifi choices spread couch pop
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2020

Overall it was a pleasant stay.
breakfast was good. But, i think the waiters should be well-trained. they didnt ask for permission to take away the plates.
other than that nice bathroom, nice bed, but i dont like the pillow. very soft it doesnt support my head.
room was beautiful with the pop up color couch. i like the couch very much.
the shower.the hot water was very2 HOT i cant stand it!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2020

This is my second visit to Ixora Hotel. I was stayed here before with my wife and that the reason we came back. Recently we stayed for 1 night in Deluxe Family room and quite surprise the hotel look old.

When we reached at the lobby entrance there is no bellman to assist with the luggage, my son went inside the hotel and took the trolley by himself. After saw we uploading the luggage, one of the staff approached but not to assist us and but just stand next to the trolley and watching us carry the luggage from car boot into the trolley. We feel so bad with the first impression.

While enter the lobby, nobody bother to take the body temperature and no one asked us to sanitize the hand. As we aware during pandemic, this is compulsory SOP.

There is only one receptionist attending the guest and while waiting, another Indian male staff came out from the back office and I guessed, he is supervisor as he wore different shirt. He saw us but not even smile or greet and we didn't feel was welcoming to the hotel at all. We proceed checking process with the Indian male staff and he never give us wifi password where we need to call later on. And no breakfast information was given and I need to asked him where is the breakfast place and what time.

After check in, we get ready to go out and i remembered as stated in the confirmation letter, we entitled for the for cocktail in library lounge, so we went there unfortunately it was closed. Nobody notified us upon check in and it was very disappointed. We go down to the lobby and asked the reception and very simple answer, it was closed and not a single apologize given.

Hotel was a good place to stay previously, however this time, I was very very very disappointed. While we entered the room, the bed sheet was crumpled and the room didn't clean out properly and we asked the staff who sent the luggage. He went into the room and he said it was how their HK staff do the rooms. We are totally speechless at that time.

The toilet flush didn't work but we did not bother call anyone as I fixed myself. They should checked everything is in order before release the room to the guests. No comments on their meals since we are not going down for breakfast.

Supposedly we would like to extend our stay for another 2 nights, unfortunately the bad experienced made us change mind and we booked hotel in Penang Island for next day. This hotel will out of our list when we visit Penang in future

Date of stay: July 2020
Moses Poon, Other at Ixora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2020

Dear nizam_msn :

Warm greeting from Ixora Hotel

We are sorry for the encounter during your last stay with us. It should not have been the case and please be assured
that this is not our standard practice. We had taken the step to examine your concern

It's important to regain your trust for allowing to serve you again

Reviewed July 7, 2020

I went to The Ixor hetel for holiday. The staff treat me so nice.. feel to come back again.. especially front office manager and staff also the f&B crew.. the General Manager MrJohn is very nice person I ever meet.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Moses Poon, Other at Ixora Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2020

Dear 193sitis :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

Thank you for your precious time to drop us a nice review
We are glad to know that our team member had done their job well in order to enhance ours guest experience.
Your compliment will spur us to continue seeking way to enhance our guest experience. Million of thank you !

We can't wait to have you back with us

Reviewed July 1, 2020 via mobile

While enter the lobby didn't feel I was welcoming to the hotel. 3 person at reception counter 2 of them didn't show or bother to show the gesture guest infront them.
When enter room find room dusty and some defect in the room really obvious.Did call FO waiting for 30min to Duty Manager to show up but just waste my time to talk to him because I address my disappointment to HK sup.
Wall edge chipped near thermostat, shower room grouting back, rubbish not clear n toilet bidet leaking.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank sharwiri

Dear Sharwiri :

Warmest greeting for Ixora Hotel

Thank you for sharing your stay experience
It's regrettable to know that we had failed to provide your rightfully deserve. We are so sorry about it.
Please be assured that we are certainly working on the way to improve based on your feedback.

We truly hope that you will allow us another opportunity to restore your faith in us by choosing to come back again

Reviewed June 14, 2020

I was surprised at how good they handled the Covid 19 matter. Upon check in, body temperature is checked and they do sell masks. The workers wear masks and practice safe distance upon check in. I had excellent stay during this Covid-19, they do regularly wipe all the lobby area and the lift area. Kiddos to Ixora Hotel Penang

Room tip: Big rooms and excellent service
Date of stay: June 2020

Dear Manobanpanpriya :

Warmest greeting from Ixora Hotel

We are delighted to know that we have managed to provide the comfort and safe experience which had satisfy our guest.
Your positive review will certainly be huge motivation for us.

Thank you so much for the compliment and look forward to serve you in the next future