“Mount Kinabalu 2D1N”

Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 86 Tours in Kota Kinabalu
More attraction details
Owner description: Under the umbrella of Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures is Downbelow PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Dive Centre. The Downbelow Travel Centre, an Official Tour & Travel operator for Sabah based in KK Times Square. Our Downbelow Adventure Lodge, an expedition style lodge catering for group & independent adventure travel and the largest scuba diving & adventure shop. Our PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Centre is a slice of paradise, nestled in a quiet bay on Gaya Island in the TAR Park just 8 minutes by boat from Kota Kinabalu city. We are the only operator at this location so you will enjoy your activity without the crowds. Our highly qualified team of friendly professional instructors & instructor trainers are managed by our resident PADI Course Director (CD), the highest rating in recreational diving.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I can say a lot of things why Downbelow truly embodies the meaning of great customer care. But here's my top 5: First, they happily assisted us from the moment we started inquiring about the Mt. Kinabalu hike to the climb day proper. Second, they called to check on us immediately when we reached Timpohon Gate from the summit. Third, their accommodation gives a home away from home vibe; a feeling you want to have after a rigorous activity. Fourth, Sir Helmy, who drove us from the City-Kinabalu Park-City, is such an angel for keeping us safe on the road. Finally, I wont forget the smiles that Downbelow staff gave us during our stay. Having said all these, thank you for making my first international climb a wonderful experience. Looking forward to sharing more adventures with you. Keep up the good work!

Love from The Ph,
OEG

2  Thank Sugar G
KKRichard, Owner at Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Sugar,

Thank you so much for your kind review. Its makes us so happy to read that our efforts are felt. We genuinely care about all our clients from the very beginning to the very end. We love your journey with you.

We look forward to welcoming you back!
Kindest
Joanne

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)
All reviews
in 19 reviews
"sea life"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Downbelow worked with us to tailor a trip that worked around our cruise ship timetable. Short minivan ride to marina and the boat ride to island they have their own facility and there were just 2 groups (about 13 people) and 4 guides. We had a quick orientation and ride to first dive site. Spent 45 minutes or so there. Then back to their facility for a short break, drinks, and snacks. Then back out for a 2nd swim after which we were provided lunch. We had to head back to ship then, but the other group was off for a 3rd snorkel. Only opportunity we saw was for a little better changing facility. Bathrooms weren’t ideal for that purpose.

Chrizz was our leader, with support from Michael, Matt, and Greg. They were all great and made the experience even better.

2  Thank Darren L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from start to finish this company has got it right. very informative and relaxed at the same time. made us feel welcome from the moment we got on the island and the manager really spent the time to go and ask everyone if they were ok and how the dives went, i give him 10/10. we only did the one day diving and that was enough as it was jelly fish season and the water were full of them, only small and didnt sting that much but it made the visibility not that great. but im not rating the diving as such im rating the dive company which is why they get 5/5.

well done keep up the good work.

2  Thank cleeg1993
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Everything ran smoothly and I was delighted with the package and service. It was just me and my mountain guide Duin for the most of it, Duin has been a guide for more than 10 years now and he is extremely knowlegeable about the region and was also very helpful and support (he lent me a poncho and also helped me mend my broken boot!!). My camera also decided to die on me at the worse possible moment but Duin offered to take the pictures for me and send them to me after the trek, I've already received the photos.

Overall great, although the price of the climbs arent cheap, but you get a great experience.

1  Thank Thaddeus O

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are so pleased that you are delighted with the package and service.

Behind the scenes there is a lot of work & training that takes place to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable climb. We took the steps to contract in our own mountain guides so that our service is consistent from all our team.

It is an amazing experience to climb one of the highest mountains in South East Asia - congratulations and we hope to welcome you back for more adventures.

Kindest,
Joanne

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I did the 3N2D Kinabalu Climb and 4N3D Kinabatangan River stay both with Downbelow.

Everything was very smooth, no unpleasant surprises which can often happen when you book ahead. The accommodation in each place was of a very good standard - especially the River Lodge. Food was always delicious, transfers comfortable and I was allowed to enjoy the experiences. My guide for the river cruises, Roger, was fantastic - friendly, kind, knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

Recommended