Open today: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Group Assignment

Eventhough I didn't join programm,but I still enjoy it because I gain experience and knowledge... read more

Reviewed yesterday
clarinda97
via mobile
I enjoyed my snorkling experience with Downbelow!

First of all, I strongly recommend for you to try your snorkling and diving experiences under... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago

from US$70.00
from US$33.60
from US$95.00
1,347 results
All reviews gaya island dive centre myne resort instructor development open water scuba diving these guys fish dive course kinabatangan river office staff fun dives great diving awesome experience went smoothly whole team via email
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

Downbelow worked with us to tailor a trip that worked around our cruise ship timetable. Short minivan ride to marina and the boat ride to island they have their own facility and there were just 2 groups (about 13 people) and 4 guides. We had a quick orientation and ride to first dive site. Spent 45 minutes or so there. Then back to their facility for a short break, drinks, and snacks. Then back out for a 2nd swim after which we were provided lunch. We had to head back to ship then, but the other group was off for a 3rd snorkel. Only opportunity we saw was for a little better changing facility. Bathrooms weren’t ideal for that purpose.

Chrizz was our leader, with support from Michael, Matt, and Greg. They were all great and made the experience even better.

2  Thank DarrenL639
Reviewed March 21, 2018

from start to finish this company has got it right. very informative and relaxed at the same time. made us feel welcome from the moment we got on the island and the manager really spent the time to go and ask everyone if they were ok and how the dives went, i give him 10/10. we only did the one day diving and that was enough as it was jelly fish season and the water were full of them, only small and didnt sting that much but it made the visibility not that great. but im not rating the diving as such im rating the dive company which is why they get 5/5.

well done keep up the good work.

2  Thank cleeg1993
Reviewed March 17, 2018

Everything ran smoothly and I was delighted with the package and service. It was just me and my mountain guide Duin for the most of it, Duin has been a guide for more than 10 years now and he is extremely knowlegeable about the region and was also very helpful and support (he lent me a poncho and also helped me mend my broken boot!!). My camera also decided to die on me at the worse possible moment but Duin offered to take the pictures for me and send them to me after the trek, I've already received the photos.

Overall great, although the price of the climbs arent cheap, but you get a great experience.

1  Thank thaddeuso
KKRichard, Owner at Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are so pleased that you are delighted with the package and service.

Behind the scenes there is a lot of work & training that takes place to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable climb. We took the steps to contract in our own mountain guides so that our service is consistent from all our team.

It is an amazing experience to climb one of the highest mountains in South East Asia - congratulations and we hope to welcome you back for more adventures.

Kindest,
Joanne

Reviewed March 12, 2018

I did the 3N2D Kinabalu Climb and 4N3D Kinabatangan River stay both with Downbelow.

Everything was very smooth, no unpleasant surprises which can often happen when you book ahead. The accommodation in each place was of a very good standard - especially the River Lodge. Food was always delicious, transfers comfortable and I was allowed to enjoy the experiences. My guide for the river cruises, Roger, was fantastic - friendly, kind, knowledgeable and enthusiastic.

Recommended

1  Thank JackG1215
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Look no further! If your looking to experience Sabah definitely book with Downbelow. We did the mountain climb and snorkelling tours and I would highly recommend downbelow. The mount Kinabalu climb was an amazing experience and we were well looked after. A lot of the transportation and food was included on the tour and guide was excellent for the trek. It was very easy to book with them and the person who planned our activities even rang us on the phone to wish us good luck with summiting the mountain, exceptional service!!

The snorkelling day was also well organised and we got a chance to see a lot of marine life.

Thanks alot to Magdalene, Richard and Clarence for the memorable trip to KK.

2  Thank 986jarradc
KKRichard, Manager at Downbelow Marine & Wildlife Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Hello Jarrad C thank you for taking time to review us and put out such lovely words for the team. Here in Downbelow, we cater to our client based on their budget and interest, saving them time and money throughout the planning of their holiday here in Borneo. The convenience and hassle free package that your dedicated tour consultant put together allows you to have a carefree and enjoyable holiday with us. We are so happy to learn that you are pleased to receive our calls, we believe in communication with our client and to always ensure that everything goes smoothly. It’s always lovely to speak to them, to say hi and to let them know that we are here to assist whenever they need. Congratulations again for making it to the summit of Mt. Kinabalu and we hope it won’t be too long until we say hello again!

Best,