Stayed at the Tanjung Aru for 10 nights in March 12, and had a awesome time. My 3 kids were entertained by the fantastic pool area including waterslide and of course the Ice-Cream bar. The kids club also was great. They asked to go in themselves such was the fun they had. The service we received was excellent. No request was too small, and everything we asked for was met with a smile and prompt delivery.
One of the best Breakfast buffets I've seen, and the restaurants in the resort all seemed quite good, but we chose to eat out in KK city most nights, just to get a bit of variety and a fair bit cheaper.
Overall, if you are planning on staying at this resort, they do cater for families, so those on a "couples" only stay be advised that there are kids abound. However the pool and resort is big enough you can escape the action if wanted.
Never had a issue securing shade around the pool, and even when the wife & I wanted "quiet" time, never found the kids pool area noisy enough to be distracting.
I'd definitely stay here again if going back to KK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A paradise for the senses surrounded by natural beautyA gentle breeze caresses your face as you wake to the sound of waves lapping the beach. The balcony opens up to an inspiring vista of sparkling coral islands and swaying of palm trees. Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, bordered by crystal clear waters and lush vegetation Sophistication surrounds you in a lavishly decorated suite inspired by Borneo’s rich cultural heritage. Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu, is a perfect tropical getaway, a luxurious tranquil retreat just a short drive from the city.Yet, excitement beckons as you set out to discover all Kota Kinabalu’s delights. Making your way to Kinabalu National Park, you are thrust into a jungle paradise of natural wonders, rugged landscapes and scenic beauty. From the Rafflesia, the largest flower in the world, to the famous Orangutans in their natural habitat, it only gets more breathtaking every step of the way.The afternoon is spent exploring the picturesque town of Kota Belud. As Sabah’s largest and most popular open market, you find gems of all sorts, ranging from handmade handicrafts to mouth-watering local delights like natural honey.Back at the resort, you look forward to a sunset cruise, which departs from STAR Marina, to catch Borneo's famous sunset. Not long after, you wind down at Coco-Joe’s Bar & Grill. Lounging atop one of the beach-dining platforms, over cocktails and a delectable seafood tower, you continue to enjoy the sound of overlapping waves on the shores of Sunset Beach. A pampering session at CHI, The Spa rounds off the day. With treatments based on traditional Asian healing philosophies, you lose yourself in an enchanted and indulgent journey, all on the resort’s private spa island.For every experience here, you are surrounded by natural beauty. And it all begins at Shangri-La’s Tanjung Aru Resort and Spa, Kota Kinabalu ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Resort And Spa
- Shangri-La`s Tanjung Aru Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Resort
- Shangri Las Tanjung Aru Hotel
- Shangri La Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La's Tanjung Aru Resort & Spa Kota Kinabalu, Sabah