1,666 results
All reviews sea view pedas oxtail rasam club room within walking distance breakfast buffet gaya island seafood central location shopping mall filipino market suria sabah sunday market jesselton point le meridien kota
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

While the original hotel was opened in 1977 by Dr Mahathir the rooms especially have had a good modern refurbishment. They are also large. While only have basic Hyatt status both times I stayed I was upgraded to lounge access.

Would recommend this as a very cheap 4 to 5 star in KK.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
HRKinabalu, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2016

Dear TheFurryGuy,

Thank you for your kind words and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us – the first International hotel in Kota Kinabalu. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2016

Locality has its advantages; and was very close to Gaya Market (sunday market). This area / locality of the hotel has numerous places for good affordable local food and restaurants . Stone throw away from the esplanade and sea front just across the street.

Lovely guest room, spacious and comfortable.

What I felt, was the front line service ie Check - in was rather slow. At that current time of check in counter was just manned by one staff. Looking behind me there were already more guest checking out.
To better improve, I felt the bell hops (young ladies in black suit) where not very articulate in answering info pertaining query such as locality, place of worship unlike the concierge (male counter part).

All said, Hyatt KK, is a good choice for travels to lovely Kota Kinabalu

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Fabiandoh,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to know that you enjoyed our strategic location as much as everyone else. However I am most concerned to learn about your disappointment in regarding of the slow check-in issue. Please accept my sincere apologies. We truly appreciated your comment as it will assist us to continue to improve our level of service. We look forward for your next visit in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2016

The hotel could be classified as dated but not run down. It is well managed . Its location is and convenient to all shopping and personal needs. All western style amenities are available and the service although not exceptional is attentive and genuine.The breakfast ,lunch and dinner buffets is very satisfying and not to be missed. The rooms are large and very comfortable.

Room Tip: choose with the sea view
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Dear Apothecary84,

Thank you for your positive feedback! We are glad to know that you are generally satisfied with the overall hotel facilities and services. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your dining experience at out buffet show kitchen restaurant - Tanjung Ria Kitchen. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 30, 2016

Only arrived yesterday but are here for a week. We have a city view room and when we got to our room after 24 hours travelling we were not happy. The carpet appeared filthy, on the desk was a bowl of fruit swarming with ants and the glass panel in the bathroom I thought was dirty but in retrospect believe it was paint. We telephoned reception to complain and a person from reception came up with the bellboy. He showed us another room a few doors away whose carpet was exactly the same state as the previous room. He said was we could pay the difference and move to a club room. I asked if all the city view rooms had dirty carpets and he said yes!! Also the carpet in the main lobby is really dirty. Apart from the issue with the carpets and on the plus side;
the staff in all departments are lovely; very friendly and helpful.
The hotel is perfectly situated right in the centre of everything
Reading other people's comments though it would appear that this is the norm for Malaysia 5 star hotels. In my opinion it is not a 5 star hotel

Room Tip: Book a Club room
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Anna,

Thank you for providing feedback on your personal experience during your recent stay with us. However I am most concerned to know about your disappointment in regards of your allocated room was not up to your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced. I can assure you that this is not the standard that we normally adhere to as our team members are encouraged to make every effort to exceed our customer’s expectations. We wish to engage with you in order to find out the root cause of your inconveniences. Please contact us at Kinabalu.regency@hyatt.com and we really wish to see how we can ensure your next stay is a much better one.

Reviewed March 29, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights, this hotel is quite run down and dated. The stains on the carpet in the lobby were unbelievable, and this continued in the room, we kept our sleepers all time.
There were stains on the armchair, we did not sit on it at all.
The bathroom was equipped, but it looks like they just repainted the wall, we can still smell the paint and it was very badly done, paint drops everywhere.
The staff were not very helpful, we have been shown pictures of the room when we check in, as we were thinking of upgrade, but the actual room is completely different to the picture shown, I think the pictures were taken when the hotel first opened.
The only nice thing of this hotel is the swimming pool, is not too crowded.
This hotel is definitely not a 5 stars hotel, maximum 3 stars and a refurbishment is needed.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank cil106

Dear Cil,

Thank you for providing feedback on your personal experience during your last stay with us. However I am most concerned to know about your disappointment in regards of your allocated room was not up to your expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I can assure you that this is not the standard that we normally adhere to as our team members are encouraged to make every effort to exceed our customer’s expectations. We wish to engage with you in order to find out the root cause of your inconveniences. Please contact us at Kinabalu.regency@hyatt.com and we really wish to see how we can ensure your next stay is a much better one.