Room: The room was large and spacious. This is what agreeable to. However, the room look old and need refurbishment.
Minibar: Coffee/tea for the room. .
Bathroom - Bathroom was large and clean. Bath and shower gel available. Water pressure good.
Location: Centrally located at heart of Kota Kinabalu. Nearby malls and restaurant.
Service - Hyatt Regency if mention to Sabahan will be a high class and luxury hotel to be step in. My first impression was really excited to stay at this wonderful well-known brand of properties and expecting it world class services.
Just for your info, 2 days before arrival at your hotel, I did call to extend early my stay with you by using the same corporate rate but paying by my own expense. This is was I usually done to all the 4-5 star hotel around Malaysia even Le-Meridien, and Sheraton. They all extend it without even any problem EXCEPT FOR HYATT REGENCY. Your reservation refuse to extend the rate to stay and want me to direct with my company HR. I was like... WHAT? What kind of policy is this? Does that mean the employee of the company can't use the rate except must got official letter from the HR? I'm sure that company will have a contract with the hotel to secure a no's of room per year to qualify for the special rate,
So I rechange my question and I say i would like to book a room on that date under the corporate. cash on arrival. again this is REJECTED. Reason is it was a CONFIDENTIAL RATE and I need to get the written letter from HR to get that rate. Crazy enough. Is that mean employee on vacation need to notify the HR about their whereabout just to USE YOUR HOTEL for the corporate rate? Totally nonsense.
End up luckily the room is large enough for me to stay with my other two colleague who early check-in. Overall, I was really disappointed with the HYATT EXPERIENCE.
Value: NO COMMENT as it was consider CONFIDENTIAL by the hotel itself..
F&B: No F&B..However there are plenty restaurant nearby with KFC just in front of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience five-star Sabahan hospitality at Hyatt Regency Kinabalu, the premier choice for business and leisure travellers to Sabah, the Land Below the Wind. This luxury hotel in Sabah is a mere 15 minutes drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport, offering a central location in the heart of the city close to tourist attractions and stunning views of the famed sunsets in Kota Kinabalu. Unwind in one of our 288 spacious rooms and suites all exquisitely designed with sophisticated comfort in mind plus some of the best views in Kota Kinabalu including those of the sparkling South China Sea or the Kinabalu city surroundings. Dining options at our three Kinabalu restaurants and bars are a food aficionado's delight with some of the best food the city has to offer. Be it a dip in the blue waters of the outdoor pool, a relaxing massage at the Avantang Spa and fitness centre or a party at our Shenanigan's Fun Pub, our Kota Kinabalu hotel in Sabah has it all for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Kinabalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Kota Kinabalu
- Hyatt Regency Kinabalu Kota Kinabalu, Sabah