Book In Advance

from US$38.00
from US$37.32
from US$44.00
More Info
All reviews bau town main chamber flights of stairs worth the climb torch light nice cave bring a flashlight steep steps wear good shoes public transport worth the effort take your time rock formations worth a visit well worth the trip beautiful scenery entrance fee
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The public transport in Malaysia is absolutely awful. Read online that the K2 bus comes every 20 minutes. Got to the bus station at about 10:30 and the bus didn't show up until 12:00, and then didn't leave until 12:15. The last bus back was also not at 18:00 like we'd read, but 15:20 (verified by the bus driver on our way there), leaving us with very little time to actually get to the fairy caves. RM4.50 each way per person. I believe a return ticket is cheaper but we didn't get one in case we missed it.

Arrived at about 13:30, wandered around trying to find a taxi (the first time since we started travelling that there hasn't been a taxi driver waiting at a bus stop). We were pointed in the right direction of where the taxis usually wait and managed to find one. He charged RM20 each way and waited at the fairy caves for us.

The caves themselves were amazing - absolutely massive and could hear the sound of bats and other animals much higher up. Didn't personally see any (saw some shapes on the rocks but that may have been little stalactites) so if anyone is worried about that, you shouldn't be.

There were a lot more stairs than I'd anticipated but it is worth it.

There were 2 of us and it cost us RM58 instead of RM100 if we'd gotten a grab. But it did take roughly 3 hours extra of waiting around in the heat so it's up to you which is worth it. My advice would be to go early - 08:00 or so. Try and find a group and split a grab - will save you several hours and a lot of stress.

2  Thank DaveAlmighty
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in sarawak city center. Got Grabcar to bring us to Serikin, its a bazaar/market place at the border between Serikin and Kalimantan. Spent about 1.5/2hrs there. Can find unique and more Local antique stuffs there. Then, head to Fairy Cave which is nearby. Better to talk to the Grab driver to stay with u if he can because from Fairy Cave, it is pretty hard to get a Grabcar. The place is in the rural area. Bad Data reception too. In fact, bad reception started even in Serikin.

Initially, i underestimated the place. I went there because i see 1 or 2 photos and know that it is a famous tourist attraction. When u reach, there is a high dull man-made staircase that u need to climb. When u reach the top, u get to see the entrance of the cave. For someone who haven’t been to many caves, the opening is quite inviting. Go in, it gets darker, might need torchlight, i just use the one on my Hp. You will need to climb a very steep narrow wet and dark staircase before you get to see the actual amazing gem. Keep climbing up and you will see this hidden gem. It’s huuuggeee.... and soo exotic! It’s like u can build a civilisation inside this cave. I can imagine Frodo and the fellowship of the ring chose this place as a hideout. You can go further in but it was dark, i didn’t pursuit.

A must visit especially for those adventure seeker.
A lot of staircases without railing.
Wear proper shoe.
Bring camera and enough battery. My batt ran out before i could my finish exploring the place.
Might perspire depending on your pace. So my suggestion is wear light and don’t bring bulky bag.

There is a small shop downstair where you park your car or where my Grab driver waited for me. You can get your drinks there and sit down, rest for while before u go off.

2  Thank SARINAH S
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Dont be deceived by rundown of the place upon arrival. It is worth every steps, every climb into the fairy cave! Not to kill the surprise inside the fairy cave, i say its worth the visit.

1  Thank Adèle Z
Reviewed September 1, 2018

Suitable caves for beginner to explore. You don't have to be super fit to explore this cave. You just need to be a little adventurous. Proper trekking platform and staircases in and out of the caves. An awe caves

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Nice, big, suggestive with an interesting story. Lots of steps to do but with great result. Trip organized by local agency Ooo Haa Tour & Travel.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

So many images can be seen. You have to open your eyes and be amaze on each rock you see.

Each rock has its own image you can imagine.

1  Thank 741biahp
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I have visited other caves and I came with a low expectation. But to my surprise, this cave is as close to its original state-not touristy. Many interesting cracks and crevices to explore.

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Well worth a visit if you have time to spend half a day from Kuching (about 1-1.5 hours away) - combine with the Wind Caves. We booked a guide from the city (Freddy) and he took us round both caves, giving us the history and context and how they were used by the local tribes in times gone past. The Fairy Cave is really beautiful, with steep steps and stairways around the large cavern. Not for people with any mobility issues, as it is hot, humid and quite strenuous. It is like a magical land inside a cave and well worth a visit.

2  Thank Declan B
Reviewed August 1, 2018

Coming from a heavy smoker who doesn't do much work out, I could easily explore the cave despite the stairs and a few hike ups. It was overall an easy and fun workout.

However, it is pretty dark inside and can be slippery. So I highly don't recommend bringing your children, but a pair of proper shoes and torch light (I used my phone, it was completely fine, but could be better). The chains and ropes were also pretty old and dirty (from the bat poops).

Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

You will need to climb 3 floors for staircase before entering the opening of the caves and invited with more stairs into a dark tunnel. Right after, you'll be amazed by the beautiful caves with many different site that you can explore. Recommend to come in the morning so that You have more time to explore. Please ensure your phone is installed with torchlight. Sone part can be slippery, better to wear proper shoes. Bring cameras that can capture dark spots.