“Good place”

and up
Fairy Caves and Wind Caves from Kuching City
Ranked #8 of 104 things to do in Kuching
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Proud of sarawakian. Must visit whenever come to Sarawak. See the ancient cave and the culture. Need stamina.

1  Thank mandyleemd
"beautiful scenery"
"entrance fee"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed January 7, 2018

My local host took me to this cave and another.
At the time it was very busy with a first ever triathlon being run which was fun to watch. Needs some upkeep as many of the steps/walkways are broken but a nice adventure.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Slippery hike, but nice caves with fairytale lighting. Bring sturdy shoes in the rainy season and read up on the formations!

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

We took a 45mins drive from Kuching town to the Fairy Caves. Best to wear shoes with grip (Adidas kampung was the best shoes) as the cave is wet from water drippings and slippery. A few people wearing slippers slipped and fell. Bring a torch/headlamp and a hat if you’re worried of bat droppings

You will have to take a walk up a tower of staircase to reach the entrance of the cave, which you will then enter a pitch black tunnel of stairs, and up 2 flights of steep wooden staircase which after that you will be greeted by a beautiful natural landscape of the Fairy Cave.

Cons: Safety is not highly practiced, i.e no railings, lack of handles/tall ropes for some of the stair routes within the cave. They should also fix some of the ropes which are lopsided as some people can’t reach it.

2  Thank Khoo J