All reviews call to prayer cultural village no shoes bako national park communal areas starting point river cruise music festival nice pool proboscis monkeys hammocks borneo sarawak wetlands shuttle retreat damai
Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

My husband and stayed here for two nights while attending the rainforest music festival.

We are so glad that we found the village house.

-Great and friendly service at point of entry
-owners were very kind and friendly
-Clean great hangout area with pool and hammocks in the courtyard. Perfect for mid afternoon swims before the nighttime performances at the festival
- all meals included
- fully stocked bar which made it convenient to have a drink
- transport provided to and from the cultural village

It was a little hard to find, but not impossible.

Would consider staying here again when we go back to the music festival.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexlc211
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

I think this is overall a good resort for excursions. Very nice rooms, clean bathroom, beautiful garden with a large clean and well maintained pool. The food is excellent and even if more expensive than outside it is worth the money and portion are big. The resort is far away from everything but you can rent bicycles and go to the Culture Village (20 min) and Damai Beach (5km). Downsides are that the staff is not really creating a warm welcome atmosphere - they try but as often in Malaysia something is missing to come to the Indonesian and Thailand hospitality level. There is not much to do here other than laying on the pool eat and go for excursions. The beach is useless blocked by big stones and I think also dangerous due to some recent crocodile accidents. A good place for excursions but I would not stay more than 2-3 night

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017

Each traveller having her/his expectations, it's actually very difficult to evaluate the Village House... Now, to put it simple (according to my expectations...)
The ''+''
*A nicely and rather confortable pool area. Well lit, decorated and furnished (I question the cleanliness of the matresses though),
*Bathroom (Great natural day light and hot ''hot water'' ;-)) and bedroom were very clean
*A No-kid-under 12yo policy (what a relief....)
*Helpfull staff (we haven't seen any trace of the management/owners...Lucky them...)
The ''-'':
*Outrageous Food and beverage prices, especially considering that many of the dishes we ordered were incomplete or unavailable (No mise en place?? No manager in the whereabouts???)
*An access to the beach which is currently being blocked by the construction of a rock and concrete coastal protection wall. So much for the ''romanticism'' of the place.
*No activity/points of interest at all in the vicinity, unless one joins the activities sponsored by the hotel.*

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank capsicum0620
Reviewed April 23, 2017 via mobile

I did not have a good experience at this village. The staff told to us everyone need to take our ic to them and they would keep it. Afterward, she told me of the no party policy. I had to sign a code of conduct that states no food was allowed in the room. Then my family was asked to leave the hotel after three hour of arriving. I wouldn't stay at this location again! :(

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Desmond S
Reviewed April 7, 2017

Such a beautiful hotel! So incredibly relaxing to spend time here. We loved the hammocks and reclining chairs with the view of the pool. The gardens are lovely, and the decor is really interesting.

Nice rooms too!

The whole place is romantic, relaxing, dreamy.

The eight course "Taste of Borneo" was a memorable last night in this beautiful oasis.

We booked a sunset wetlands tour. Gorgeous sunset skies, everything still and peaceful. We saw dolphins and proboscis monkeys, and after dark, spooky crocodiles, and an abundance of fireflies.

Also arranged by the hotel, we went to the nearby cultural village. We'd cynically expected a Disneyfication but it was wonderful and very interesting.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends