We stayed for only one night here, during the weekend to take some time off work and a short rest ahead of long trip overseas.
We decided to drive there ourselves as it is not that far, and when we reached there, we could not enter the parking because they blocked it. So we stopped at the main entrance and ask the staff standing outside the parking, where could we park. He mentioned that the hotel parking is full, and we will need to find some other parking lot further from the hotel. But we still can see that, some cars are still able to go into the parking, so we ignored his advice and just follow some other cars into the parking lot at the basement of the hotel. Man, they really should reserve some parking space for hotel guest. Parking for guest in the hotel is complimentary.
When we reached the check-in counter, the front desk staff took really long time to help us to check in, citing the reason that the hotel room type that we booked is full. In the end, we were upgraded to the club room, at no additional charge, which is a really nice thing to have.
The lift would require the use of the access card in order to go to the floors where we stay. I have some trouble using the lift as the 'Lobby' button is in the middle, not at the bottom. Took us a few time before we finally get used to it.
4 bottles of mineral water is given as complimentary, which is just nice. There are 2 types of rooms available, either facing the lagoon or facing the city. We took the room facing the city. Staying at the topmost floor, there's hardly any noise from the theme park, or from the traffic.
They have a bathtub in the washroom, plus some standard things like soap, shampoo and perfume! This is the first time I have seen perfume being given in the washroom. Well, probably I have never stayed in luxury hotel before, so this is something new.
The hotel is directly connected to the Pyramid shopping centre, so we do not need to walk under the sun to go there, which is a nice thing since it has been raining every now and then here. Connected to the huge shopping centre would also mean, we will not run out of basic amenities. Food, entertainment, activities are available around the location, all within walking distance, which I believe is making this hotel a bit popular over here.
Upon checking out, there's a porter offering to assist us to carry our baggage to our car in the parking lots, but we declined it because it is just a short walk there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa is one of Kuala Lumpur’s most iconic 5-star hotels, situated within the sprawling integrated resort of Sunway City. The Hotel is located next to Sunway Lagoon theme park and connected to the massive Sunway Pyramid shopping mall, seamlessly integrating facilities for easy, within the minute walking-access, to a multitude of leisure and business services. On arrival, the Hotel’s dramatic neo classical façade welcomes guests to superlative features and thematic architectural designs, sheltered by towering minaret glass domes and a main driveway that boasts monumental sculptures of deer being pursued by a Malayan tiger and two life-size elephants stand guard; with a profusion of fountains and captivating oasis of water features. The Hotel’s 441 guestrooms and suites are equipped with complimentary Wi-Fi and other modern conveniences. Most guestrooms have theme park views or the resort's skyline; some provide balconies with an opportunity to walk out to the lush tropical gardens. Facilities within the hotel include an expansive free-form landscaped swimming pool with cascading waterfalls, a Balinese-inspired Mandara spa, a fitness centre, an all-day dining restaurant, a lobby lounge and several independently-operated Chinese, Thai and other speciality restaurants. Located adjacent to the Hotel are Sunway Pyramid Convention Centre, 170 food and beverage outlets and over 900-retail stores in the shopping mall, and two additional hotel towers with Sunway Pyramid Hotel and Sunway Clio Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunway Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sunway Hotel Petaling Jaya