2,508 results
All reviews deluxe beach villa underwater restaurant water spa quiet zone wine cellar fish our honeymoon cocktail hour sea plane spa restaurant male airport half board hilton points plunge pool outdoor shower heaven on earth manta rays
Reviewed May 2, 2017

To be blunt, this hotel and this trip have ruined other hotels and trips for me.

We stayed here for 3 nights and our expectations were blown out of the water. We stayed in the beach bungalow for 1 night and an overwater spa retreat bungalow for 2.

The beach villa is great but the overwater bungalow is a must if you're coming all this way.

What was so great about this resort was the size. Although some like smaller properties, we loved having a variety of restaurants to eat at, and it felt like every meal we had was the best of our lives. The breakfast buffet is definitely one of the best.

The activities are also great. We did a sea-doo tour and got about 20 feet away from pods of dozens of dolphins, it was nuts. We also snorkeled around the reef of an abandoned island which was surreal. If you've wanted to learn to wake-board, this is the place; he got us both up pretty quickly with patience.

Far away, expensive, but worth it in every sense. Favorite property of all time.

Room Tip: Overwater bungalows are a must. Koko is a phenomenal dining experience.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JayOh1986
ConradRangali, General Manager at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Dear JayOh1986,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our little patch of paradise and I'm so pleased that you were able to experience so much of what our tiny islands have to offer, including our wonderful villas, many dining options, water activities and friendly staff.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and I certainly hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2017

This is our 6th time to the Maldives with a different hotel each time. Maldives is a picture perfect place for a relaxing family beach vacation and Conrad has delivered on all fronts.

First of all, according to the locals, the best marine life in the Maldives are in BAA and South Ari atoll. If you want to see whale sharks, definitely stay close to the local island Mammagili, south Ari Atoll Marine protection area.

For us, we have two kids, so we want a resort with great kids club. Then the question is which hotel can accommodate 2 kids in the same room. We are extremely happy with the delux beach villa at Conrad. It is huge compared to other resort beach villas. At Conrad, there are 3 islands, so the villas are well spaced and the result is a sense of privacy and tranquility. All the villas are newly renovated.

The kids club has different daily programs, more geared to kids 4-7. Older kids can still find a few fun activities, but like my 10 yos, they won't want to hang out there too much any more.

The house reef is fun to discover just off the main island and in front of room 236 there is an entry channel. Unfortunately due to global warming, the corals got bleached last year, you won't see colored corals anymore here. However there are lots of fish swimming around the house reef. And the area is huge, you can snorkel for an hour easily.

If you have half board, your meals are covered in only the main restaurant. Each adult has a credit of 75 dollars to take w when visiting other restaurants in the resort, kids can order from kids menu or 50percent the listed prices of adult menu. The main buffet restaurant is ok, the Sushi stand is good, but the other Asian counters are quite mediocre, especially the Chinese dishes. Given 40 percent of the visitors are Chinese, they do have a very good separate Chinese Restaurant you can visit. However a small bowl of white rice will cost you 15 dollars. You get the picture? I thought it was the most ridiculously priced rice I have ever taken anywhere in this world. The Chinese restaurant manager is the most heart warming, customer focused person I have met in this resort. He really knows what customer service is about at a 5 star resort in the Maldive.

The Italian restaurant Vilu and the the sunset Grill are both gorgeously set over the water, you can have a superb meal there as well. The Mandahoo is the biggest over water restaurant, beautiful, but I find the food too bland there. The underwater restaurant is the main attraction. And they guard it like a God's temple. You can't not even get a peek of it. But they will at request let your kids visit. We didn't dine there as we thought $400 including tax and service per person for sitting in an aquarium was not really worth it.

The over the water spa is extremely gorgeous. I had a treatment With a Japanese thepapist who was absolutely fantastic.

The hotel also offer many complimentary water sports, hobby cat, kayak, peddle boat, house reef snorkeling. The excursions are good. We went adventure snorkeling and saw 3 whale sharks.

What I love most is the location and the layout of the resort. It is very rare to have 3 separate islands including one staff island in the middle of Indian Ocean. Some resorts have very small island and few restaurants, so a longer stay would probably not be optimal.

The only thing that is not meausuring up is the personal feeling. This hotel belongs to the Hilton hotel empire, everything is so process oriented, it really lacks a very personal feeling as I had in other resorts.

The strange pool hours is ridiculous, they close the pools at 6 pm and reopen at 9 am. Excuse me, 6 pm is the best time to have a sunset swim, 5-7 pm is probably the most enjoyable time of the day when the sun is not so scorching hot. If you are afraid of liability, then put up a sign "swim at your own risk, no life guard on duty".

All in all, we had a heavenly family vacation.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank victoriaxyz

Dear victoriaxyz,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our little patch of paradise and I'm so pleased that you were able to experience so much of what our tiny islands have to offer. I'm thrilled that you were able to so fully relax and enjoy your recent holiday here with us in paradise. Of course I am also delighted that you noticed the friendly, genuine smiles of our team members and you had the opportunity to explore and see whale sharks! I’m sure all of this combined made your stay so enjoyable.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Not only does the Conrad Maldives deliver on a gorgeous location but the villas and grounds are stunning. The food is absoluately delicious, fresh and creative! We highly recommend the Maldivian beach dinner, the wine cellar dinner and the beach BBQ ...GO HUNGRY! The underwater restaurant is also quite a fun and unique experience too! Our favorite lunch for sure is Spa restaurant Mandhoo! We went twice. We were upgraded to the Super McDaddy Sunset Overwater villa for our last few days..OMG, glass floors, huge rooms, kitchen and fabulous pool! What a treat! I don't know how the service could have been any better, we literally were treated like rock stars or celebrities. Breakfast was included and was always a real treat with a ton of options. We took a private mini yacht for the day, swam with whale sharks, snorkeled, had a beach lunch and saw dolphins, highly recommend it!! You won't be disappointed if you stay here and I guarantee you won't want to leave!! Oh and hit the spa too!!!

Room Tip: Over the water villas is the way to go!!
3  Thank jlh67

Dear jlh67,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor!

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our little patch of paradise and I'm so pleased that you had such a great time experiencing our dining, spa and you had the opportunity to swim with whale sharks. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed visiting Ithaa Undersea Restaurant.

It was great to have you here and I very much hope we'll be able to welcome you back again very soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 1, 2017

From the moment that you step out of the seaplane, this place offers pretty much everything that you hoped for in a tropical vacation. We stayed for 4 nights just me and my husband for our anniversary.

Room: this is the best part of the trip. We stayed at the beach villa, and everything was so perfect. We requested the beach villa on the snorkeling side, but the resort was full, so we stayed closer to the lobby (which was fantastic). Room was spacious, had everything well thought of and well maintained. They provided daily cleaning, and turn down service every night. Bed was the real deal of this room. It was a "true" king sized bed, and plenty of space. bedding was absolutely comfortable and warm.

I went to a few restaurant, but breakfast buffet is worth of your time and money. They have so many selections and most of the items are quite good.

Ittha restaurant: This was a huge disappointment for us. one of the main reason for us in choosing conrad rangali was to experience underwater restaurant. staff were friendly and food was reasonable, but the ambience was horrible. Perhaps I had a high hope, high expectations, but it did not meet my standard of "expensive, breaking your wallet" restaurant. First of all, there were asian families with kids running around and crying the entire time. There are other asian couples sitting on our table to get a better shot in taking pictures. it was chaos in eating food in that restaurant. The staff did very little to control this but I can't blame on them.. what can they do? it may be my bad luck.. choosing a wrong date to experience the restaurant. also, the temperature was not as the lunch time was sunny... make sure to bring sunglasses and put some sunscreen on when you go for lunch. It was not what you see in their marketing of the restaurant. The tunnel of the restaurant was not clean, and there was debris everywhere on the top of the glasses and the side. It was worse than some of the aquariums that we've been to. I recommend others to do only cocktails, or go for dinner if you want to experience it.

Beaches: Beautiful. absolutely beautiful. Snorkeling is the best and a must for all the guests! I've been to many snorkeling areas in the world, but this place was the best. The staff keeps the place really clean. Early in the morning, you will see many staff working on the beach, on the pool for the guests to enjoy the facility. The towels are easily accessible, and snorkeling gears and rented free of charge for the entire stay. Big pool and adult pool are amazing as well. Be aware that there are time limit on the pool use (9am-6pm)

Service: 5+ all staff says hi to you, and trying to meet your needs as much as they can. They try to make every request possible, as long as it is on their policy and they are able.

I would give highest stars if my experience in Ittha was a better one. But neverthless, it was an amazing trip and an amazing experience.

1  Thank NorCalSun

Dear sujichon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip advisor community. I would like to congratulate and thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your anniversary.

We at Conrad Maldives are so lucky to have such a beautiful resort and island to call home, so we pride ourselves in our efforts to match the beauty of the location with attentive service and high quality offerings, which I am sorry you felt you did not experience during your stay.

I am disappointed to hear your experience in Ithaa did not live up to your expectations and do apologise for this, please be sure to know that we have addressed the issues you experienced with the team to ensure that this is managed in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2017

Stayed at the Conrad Maldives for 7 nights from April 20-27 and had absolutely beautiful weather the entire time. For the first 2 nights, we were in Superior Water Villa 335 on the sunset side of the smaller island. This was very nice villa at the end of a group of 4 villas--the snorkeling right outside the villa isn't great but it's a refreshing place to take a dip and escape from the strong Maldivan heat. The last 5 nights we stayed in Deluxe Beach Villa 235 which is on the sunrise side of the larger island, and on the side by the house reef. This villa was also very nice (modern, personal plunge pool, 20 foot walk to the beach) and I'd recommend trying the experience of both overwater and beach villas if you're staying for 7 nights--they both have their benefits and you won't be disappointed with either.

The house reef is the best place to snorkel and is pretty awesome for a resort reef. We snorkeled multiple times for 7 days straight and never got bored. We saw turtles, octopus, black tip reef sharks, sting rays, giant trigger fish, and tons of other beautiful fish. The way the current was flowing, we found it best to start our snorkel by Mandhoo and let the current carry us down the edge of the reef down to the bridge to the staff island. Lots of stuff to see both where the reef drops off (sharks and rays if you're lucky) and forms a bit of a wall and also right on top of the reef itself (turtles, octopus, tons of fish). We also did the Adventure Snorkeling Tour which took us to a common whale shark spotting area (you have a 50/50 shot to see one). We got lucky enough to see 2 whale sharks and swam with one for about 5-7 minutes, getting some great video and pictures along the way. This was a truly magical experience and I highly recommend rolling the dice if you have the chance.

For food, we liked Atoll Market for the buffet breakfast (Vilu was good but we prefer a full buffet) and especially liked the food at both Mandhoo and Sunset Grill. Ithaa is certainly a cool experience (we went for cocktails at 11am for $75 a person) but you'll see all the same fish and more when you're snorkeling on the house reef so we found Ithaa to be more of a novelty--although another couple we met said the dinner they had there was outstanding and "over 5 stars."

Lastly, the service was impeccable. Our host, Isaam, went over and above for us (greeting us everyday, setting up a birthday dinner at Rangali Bar where the house band sang to us, etc), which really helped make our vacation that much more special. If you get Isaam as your host, you are in for a treat--he's a caring guy with a great sense of humor. Isaam, if you're reading this, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

Highly recommend this place, from the staff to the the amenities to the beauty of the islands.

3  Thank Steve B