1,140 results
All reviews ocean villas main island pool villa fish deluxe beachfront sea plane outdoor shower half board house reef snorkelling our honeymoon our waiter kids club indian ocean marine life male airport sting ray feeding beautiful island
Reviewed December 8, 2011

From the moment we arrived, we knew we were going to have a fantastic holiday. I cannot recommend this resort highly enough. The rooms were extremely clean, the food was superb and the staff were fantastic. One of the things that isn't common for resorts like this, it a kids club. The lady running the kids club (Tini) was attentive and provided a diverse selection of activities for our daughter whilst we managed to make use of the spa (which was out of this world). The snorkeling on the reef was also second to none. They provide daily boat trips to the house reef (free of charge) which was highly recommended. If you didn't feel like going on the boat, you could snorkel in the crystal clear waters looking at the reef close to the shore. The only thing that I can think of as a negative was that when we walked round the island, there was an area of about 20 metres that was a bit untidy. However we weren't staying in the villas that overlooked that area so it didn't bother us in the slightest.

Overall I cannot recommend this island resort highly enough. Take my advice...book, go and enjoy!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
1  Thank srlawren
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The island is fantastic, but the hotel is 3 stars and not more...
The room are small and the bathroom open outside... The sunbed are ok, but we had to ask 3 times to change the matraze... Which were old and dirty.... Great food and excellent service all around, fantastic thai massage, nice and equipped small fitnessroom

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bellastella76
BTGroup, General Manager at Angsana Velavaru, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Dear bellastella76,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your visit to Angsana Velavaru in May 2011.

It was great to read your positive comments on the services throughout the resort. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed your Spa treatment and found the food to be great. Many thanks for this. I am pleased to advise that the sun lounge mattress issue you mentioned has already been fixed.

Many of our guests rave about the open bathroom as it is different to what they experience at home, in fact by coincidence the TripAdviser comment posted just before yours does compliment the outdoor shower and other facilities of the villa. We understand that different people have different perspectives and we try everything possible to meet the expectation of all our valued customers.

Once again thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I certainly hope that despite these, you had a pleasant stay at our beautiful resort. I also hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Angsana Velavaru, allowing us the opportunity of providing you a truly memorable Angsana experience.

Kind regards,

Andrew Langston

Area General Manager

Reviewed November 28, 2011

All staff in the hotle is very kindness, the best thing is there have Chinese laguage service, so we fell it's easier to communicate.
The water room is a wonderful art of design.Tt stay on the coral reef so you can watch so many fish just at your room.
The most interesting thing is morning fish, you can catch very big fish, it's really out of you imagination.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This was our first visit to the Maldives. My Wife and I stayed at Angsana from 26 Oct to 3 Nov 11. We travelled with BA direct to Male from LGW and then transferred by Seaplane to the Angsana island resort. One point to be aware of is that the Seaplanes require clear weather to be able to fly and if it happens to be raining at the time of your flight be prepared to wait until it clears up. In our case we waited 3hrs in the airport lounge (managed by Angsana) before we could fly to the resort.

The sea plane flight was fine and reception at the hotel very welcoming. We stayed in a beach villa, no 107, which faced the in-ocean villas and was near the dive centre to the left.

Room - was as described on the website and reviews. Bed was comfortable. Outside shower is a nice touch and was surprisingly powerful. Wi-Fi in the room was handy on rainy afternoons (we had a couple). Complementary bottles of drinking water were supplied every day. Outside, two beach loungers were provided with thick cushions - which were perfect for having a nap, reading a book or watching the sunset.

Food - we were on a half board plan. There was good variety of food for dinner in the kaani restaurant. There was usually a bbq and pasta stand. We did try Azzuro restaurant in the In Ocean Villas for my Wife's bday which was a nice treat - however was expensive even with the 50% discount for HB guests. The seafood restaurant,Funa, is also nice, with local fish offering best value - lobsters were very expensive. Overall, food quality was very good and we both ate very well during our trip.

Bar - the Kuredi bar had a good selection of cocktails and a happy hour at 7pm every day. They also had a pool table and ping pong table that were fun to play in the afternoons.

Spa - I booked the power back treatment which was one of the best massages I have ever had. My Wife had a couple of treatments and was also very happy with the service. We finished the trip at the end with a couples treatment which had several stages spread over two hours - sheer bliss. Like most things in the Maldives, the treatments are on the expensive side, but they really take your relaxation to the next level.

Dive centre - we went on the house reef snorkelling trip a few times which was very enjoyable. They provide the fins, mask, pipe, and life jacket if required. The reef flanks the island about a kilometre away and you get to experience a different area every trip - we saw stingrays and sea turtles and about 50 different types of fish! Tip: visit the dive centre at 8pm to see them feed a family of eight stingrays that come right up to the shore - a truly amazing sight.

Angsana Velavaru is a charming resort that is well suited for a relaxing couples retreat.

Room Tip: Sunset side of the island face the in-ocean villas and have a nicer beach area than the opposite sunrise side
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Raj247
Reviewed November 25, 2011

First, I want to let you know that I have visited Maldives in 06.08.2007 for four days at Four Seasons at Kuda Huraa and I was very happy and beyond what I expected. I read about this resort and every thing I read was true.
I read about Vlavaru especially from tripadvisor.com. I read more than 20 reviews about how great and wonderful are the place and atmosphere but I am disappointed.
The resort has two problems. The first one is every where at private pool, beachfront wooden deck, outdoor shower, Kuredhi bar, and even at Kaani restaurant. It is the insects. I and my wife did not take our breakfast without flying big bugs or big ants crawling high to our knees. Believe me it was very annoying especially if you want to enjoy the breakfast under the clouds and near to sea or if you want to sit near to the private pool. The second one is about the villa. My villa was 146 and any one can see inside that there is some painting and breaking at the wall near the mini bar and some scratches in the wall near outdoor shower. The villa needs major maintenance and more improvement.
The best thing about the resort that the villa is spacious (from sitting deck to the end of the villa is around 200 m2), the hospitaylity of the staff, water sports, and the food at Kaani restaurant.

Room Tip: deluxe beachfront villa
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple