1,118 results
All reviewsocean villasmain islandbanyan treepool villafishdeluxe beachfrontsea planeoutdoor showerhalf boardhouse reef snorkellingdive centreour honeymoonour waiterkids clubmarine lifeindian oceanmale airport
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I like the hotel very much.Thanks for all the service.I feel that we receive very warm, considerate Chinese service is very patient, has brought great convenience to us.
I think the beach house is very convenient, close to the beach, snorkeling, dining and entertainment are very convenient. Water house very luxurious, eye shot is open, equipped with well equipped facilities. If the water and can build a passage between the main island, can reduce the use of regular ship back and forth.

2  Thank Sunshine500869
Reviewed September 27, 2013

during 2013-09-19 to 2013-09-21,my room is 147 of beach villa,i love my house and the sea and beach, all the waiters are so lovely and friendly.
during 2013-09-21 to 2013-09-23,my room is 309 of ocean villa,i love it so much ,when i stay in the ocean villa, i always barefoot walking,beause everyting at ocean iland is so clean.thanks for all waiters,i and my hunsband will love the beautiful iland for ever.

1  Thank Nomad497590
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The communications between the employees are poor. Do not expect for the smiles from the employees, especially in restaurant and bar. I sent an email to th reception and got the reply even I left the resort.

2  Thank Curious496173
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at Angsana Velavaru in Maldives from Sep.10 to Sep.15 for holiday with my family. I had really wonderful time there. As my experienced, this resort is very good and everything is satisfied. My mom is 71 years old, so I was very worrying before staying there, but she had never problem due to all staffs genuinely took care about her. Specially, Mini (a staff who can speak Korean) gave us deep impression. I want to send my appreciation to her again.

The location and services of the resort is excellent as well. If I will have opportunity to trip to Maldives, I want to stay at Angsana Velavaru and can recommend it to my friends.
I am very happy to stay at the resort!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Freedom495027
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My parents, sister and I stayed at Angsana Velavaru for 3 nights. The villas and restaurants on the island are relatively spaced out (some islands are quiet cramped). There’s also a kids club if you have kids, a spa and gym. We had a very good time and the only negative part is the cost of the seaplane ride (USD400++ per person, monopolized by the local company).

- Villa
We only stayed on the land villas throughout our stay and had booked two Jet pool villas. The villa is tastefully designed with touches of oranges which brighten up the room. The toilet and standing shower is outside the room leading to your jet pool. Both have no individual door, which would not be an issue as there is a main door that locks out the entire outdoor area. There’s also your own sundeck or lounge chairs facing the beach and the sea. Our villas face the InOcean Villas and the view is amazing.

Each villa has its own dedicated housekeeper who cleans your villa throughout your stay. If I had known, I would have brought some goodies or chocolates for my housekeeper as he did such a good job! His name is Moosa. Lastly but most importantly, the beds are comfortable.

- Food
There’s 3 restaurants, 2 on the island and 1 on the InOcean Villas. For full board, it will be at the main restaurant which serves buffet. The food variety and quality for buffet was quite good as of course you cannot compare to a set menu quality (where chef cooks dish by dish). We top up for Lobster Set Dinner on one of the nights and it was really, really yummy!

- Service
From front office, to transportation (boat crew), to diving centre, spa, restaurant outlets, housekeeping, even the coconut climbers (we saw 2 guys who climbs coconut trees to remove falling leaves and falling coconut so that they won’t fall on guests), they are always smiling and 9 out of 10 if not 10/10 greets you, at least with a smile or a nod. Especially the staff at the restaurants, they are young, enthusiastic and happy. I guess happy staff makes happy guests. The staff really made a difference to our stay. If you remove this element, it would be like any other resort.

This is not a resort of luxury, personal butler service and top notch chef quality food. This is a resort of many activities (there’s lots to do), a superb combination of land and villas on the ocean, great diving and snorkeling instructors, a nice cheerful villa with comfortable bed and staff that makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family