we have just returned from this gorgeous place and absolutely loved it , but there are just a few things i wanted to point out .
3 HOURS WAITING TO TAKE THE SEAPLANE TO OUR RESORT , HAVING ARRIVED FROM UK AND ENDURED 13HR FLIGHT TO BE KEPT WAITING IN THE MALE LOUNG E FOR 3 HOURS WAS NOT GOOD- ESP KNOWING YOUR RESORT WAS ONLY 30 MIN AWAY,
GOOD THINGS = gorgeous quiet beach, resort had 50% occupancy , it never felt crowded, the opposite really , long stretches of sand with only us there. turquoise sea with gorgeous coloured fish , baby shark, sting ray etc to see..lots of snorkelling(mask and flippers provided free of charge) lovely villa modern decor, joss sticks in room , candles, cd player,cd with chilled music(v tempted to steal but didn't) free unlimited sparkly and still water, a real bonus for us as we love to drink loads.
SPA= absolutely amazing had several treatments ,loved them all= do it
FOOD= i would say average for the food, breakfast = fresh fruit,muffins(a bit stodgy as with all the bready cake things , cereal like kellogs allbran etc provided, beans bacon eggs etc all grand tea coffee the usual grand too. lunch and dinner buffet or set menu not bad not amazing , salads rice curry, tuna , more tuna , yet more tuna, got a bit sick of tuna / bar is cheaper maldivan soup fab, fish curry every nite tho was a touch disappointing, staff gorgeous friendly attentive, cant praise spa highly enough
you will love it here if you want total relaxation, dont bring many clothes, we didn't wear shoes the whole week, bikini in day and a couple of dresses atr night , pack lightly and enjoy .
e stayed a week on b&b only, this works out to be quite expensive so try to go on a half or full board package ( lunch averages at 120 dollars without wine/beer etc, dinner 200 dollars so work it out and see how you go)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Travelocity.ca, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Angsana Velavaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Velavaru Hotel Haa Dhaalu Atoll
- Angsana Hotel Dhaalu Atoll
- Angsana Hotel Maldives Velavaru
- Angsana Velavaru Maldives/Haa Dhaalu Atoll