“Sweet Potato Hush Puppies.”
Review of Moderne Barn

Moderne Barn
Reserve with OpenTable
Moderne Barn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Armonk
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Livanos family proudly welcomes you to Moderne Barn, a casual and sophisticated American restaurant with global influences. Our philosophy is to create an experience that brings exceptional service, superb cuisine and terroir-driven wines together in a stunning atmosphere. Executive Chef Ethan Kostbar accomplishes this by using a Mediterranean, New American approach to showcase ingredients with simplicity and seasonality.
Reviewed September 19, 2017

You might ask, "why?" Because they're deadly delicious, and worth every fried calorie. Though this batch was slightly over-fried (i.e, too dark) they were crisp on the outside, and a soft, giving, soft center.

The bolognese was done perfectly (no excess grease); and the sausage pizza (individual) was crusty; fresh; and just beautiful.

Yes, it's noisy, big, and dark. But the upside is the generally good service (waiters and bus people are a little too anxious to remove plates... PLEASE stop that practice) and attention to other detail. "Could we have a little more bread, please?" and it was delivered in about 1 minute with additional room temp perfectly spreadable butter.

Yes. Yes. Moderne Barn

2  Thank winewit

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Our family visited Moderne Barn in Armonk today for a Sunday brunch.

We were all very pleased with our dishes... My husband loved the “Morning After Pie” Pizza which contains breakfast sausage, applwood smoked bacon, shirred eggs, thin sliced potatoes, peppers, onions, tomato sauce, mozzarella & parmesan cheeses... very much like a big breakfast turned into a pizza... I went with a lighter but still delicious approach with the Barn Salad with salmon.

I highly recommend the place, not only for the food, but the place ambiance and service were also great ! Enjoy !!

Reviewed August 29, 2017

This was our third visit at restarant. Our previous dinners were excellent, however our $39.00 filet mignon entre was over done and of poor quality. The meatball appetizer was great as was the mashed potatoes but the sweet potato balls were hard and dry. Desert was fine and service was great. We did not complain but it will deter us from further visits. So disappointed as previous dinners made it a favorite restauant.

1  Thank irene d
Reviewed August 28, 2017

I wanted to eat here tonight. I'm working in the Bronx and it's pretty close. I started off with a great Cab Franc and it was super. I had a great salad and a very good Swordfish. My server was exceptional!! I had several other wines and they were just top-notch. This place is very nice and the decor is super. They have a pretty extensive bar also but I sat in the main dining area. Free WiFi too!!!! Look at my pictures!!!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2017

Don't know what took us so long to get to Moderne Barn, but we had a lovely Saturday evening dinner here. Reservation was honored on time, decor is quite handsome,service was prompt, and food was very good. Recommend the kale salad, the pasta dishes and the onion rings(coudn't resist!). Likely one of the better Westchester restaurants we've been to, and will certainly return.