This was the third hotel we stayed in on the island and it was far superior compared with the other two. The accommodation, facilities and food are the best we have experienced over the last 14 years when we have traveled in both hemispheres.
The main restaurant where breakfast and dinner were available offered absolutely every kind of cuisine. I had smoked marlin and smoked tuna for breakfast one morning which was outstanding. You could even make your own Bloody Mary to start your day off with a zip.
There were also Chinese, Japanese and Italian restaurants. The
Italian was a high standard. The Tides fish restaurant by the pool where you could have your feet in the sand was delightful. Sheila the head-waitress took a personal interest in each guest was outstanding in every way. They served the best sea food we have eaten for some time and that includes the top London restaurants to which we have been.
What impressed us most of all was the attitude, attentiveness, care and concern of the staff who ensured that every guest had their needs met.
Each morning we were greeted with the sign of Saint Ignatius - they placed their right hand on their heart - as a sign of commitment. We found it very touching and sure enough when returning late one evening our room key would not work as a result of the humidity someone from security rushed to our rescue. The head of security Ruben with whom we became friendly as he was one of the staff who greeted us each morning kept a very close eye on everything that went on. We always felt extremely safe and secure.
The temperature was around 30 C which we loved though the humidity was very high as January and February are the rainy seasons. There was heavy rain and thunder storms at night but we had only one full day of rain with the occasional shower on the odd day. May, November and December are probably the best months with temperatures in the middle 20s C.
We are planning our return ASAP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Long Beach Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Mauritius Belle Mare