6,489 results
All reviews duck laundry food truck coffee bar rum shack mixe restaurant tea house ashish modak rolls royce kelly hoppen message in a bottle beach rouge restaurant amari by vineet ice cream parlour our honeymoon events manager special thanks junior suite
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What can I say!
This has been the most truly amazing hotel.
From the staff, Jennifer in particular! To the food & our room being just gorgeous!
We could not have asked for a better trip!
My partner proposed to me @LUXgrandegaube, during our 4 night stay previously!
When we arrived here, we were treated with a cake & decorated room.
We are very sad to be leaving, but planning our next LUX trip already.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sarah C
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sarah C,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare!

Thank you so much for a beautiful review for us. We are glad that our team and the overall experience at the resort ensured that you had a wonderful stay and we sincerely look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another great stay with us;

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place is simply wonderful. The location is absolute paradise, even better than the photos. The food is fabulous, I am a Vegan and the staff could not do enough to ensure that I had plenty to eat making a special breakfast daily and turning out special deserts. Nothing was ever too much trouble for anyone, the staff and the managers are absolutely committed to making sure you have the best possible time. Special thanks to Delores in the breakfast room, so warm, attentive and that smile lit up the day and the beautiful young lady who checked us in, her name escapes me but she was wonderful and so helpful especially when I had some work drama and needed to scan some documents.Everything about this place is just dreamy and I cannot wait to return. Don't hesitate to book, it is well deserving of its first place rating!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank Dawnsandoval

Dear Dawnsandoval,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare!

Thank you for your beautifully worded review for us. We believe LUX* Belle Mare offers all our guests a rejuvenating and relaxing holiday through its facilities and through the friendliness and passion of our team members. Thank you for all the various features which make the resort special.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a yet another wonderful stay with us;

Sincerely;

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We spent our 25th wedding anniversary with our kids (20 and 25 years) at the Belle Mare. It was very nice, relaxing and exciting, quiet and sporty, casual and luxurious. An overall successful holiday.
1st room: we had a prestige villa. This means 2 bedrooms each with a large bathroom and walk-in wardrobe and a large living room. In the garden 4 sunchairs, a heated pool 4m in diameter and 1.50 deep. In addition a Gazello with table and 4 chairs where we sometimes played cards and a minibar. What more do you need?
2. Butler service: Around the clock we had a butler service, which was really attentive and helpful. Suggestions were made for tours, in advance reserved tables in the restaurants and supported with questions of all kinds. The service was very unobtrusive and pleasant. Thanks for that to Sanju and Pravind and last but not least to Suren, who was the villa manager.
3. Hotel and Gardens: The hotel was very clean and super nice romantic, with a gazebo in a pond, lots of palm trees and greenery.
The pool was very nice and very well maintained. But we were mostly on the snow-white beach with the turquoise sea.

4. Restaurant, Breakfast: There are 5 restaurants. The K-Restaurant, the Mixe, the Duck Laundry, the Rouge and a 2 star Indian restaurant, which we did not use. The breakfast was also mixed, which had an open terrace with a nice view of the pool and the garden area. The breakfast was indisch, chinese and european. Very , very good.
The food was varied in all the restaurants and so delicious that I gained a lot of weight. In addition, there was very good wine.
The rouge had the format of a beach restaurant, which was very stylish. Illuminated in the evening, during the day with breathtaking views of the sea.
The Duck Laundry is a restaurant serving Chinese specialties
and mixes a buffet restaurant with changing themes.
5. Service: Everyone was very nice, both at the front desk, as well as in the restaurants, on the beach and in the gym.
Every wish was fulfilled and I would like to especially thank Delores, Dave and Rahoul for the service.
6. Sports activities: free water skiing (duo, mono or wakeboard :)) kayaking, glass bottom boat and snorkelling. There were also surfboards, but we did not use them.
That also the swimming was sensationally beautiful in the clear water arises I think by itself. One of my daughters was deep diving in the sea and she said it was amazing to. For this you have to pay of course a fee.

Room Tip: The villas are really, really, really great,
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Andreas L

Dear Andreas L,

Greetings from LUX* Belle Mare!

The title of your review makes us all proud. A sincere and big thank you for sweet review detailing your entire stay and enabling the future travelers and readers of this forum to have an insight in to what a holiday at Belle Mare is like!

The entire team here is glad that you had a very enjoyable experience and we all look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future;

Sincerely;

Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

Overall we enjoyed our stay but certainly room for improvement and mixed feelings. The biggest let down was the evening entertainment. Some nights it was over before 10pm and then there was absolutely nothing to do. As a young-ish couple we were pretty bored in the evenings. All inclusive should be all inclusive. Too much of this place is all about surcharge this and surcharge that. It honestly lowered the class of the place and became annoying. Every restaurant/menu has a section that is “at an extra cost” and when you pay what you pay for all inclusive that’s what I expect. You even had to pay for the bikes.
The staff are great and the hotel buffet actually became our favourite place to eat because we were extremely let down by the a la carte restaurants, in particular Duck Laundry & the Indian restaurant. Duck laundry incredibly hot inside and the Indian was bang average. Oh and guess what.....the Indian isn’t included within all inclusive.
The ice cream bar was great, the beach front restaurant (can’t recall name) also great. Coffee bar great but all these are only within AI. Room as expected for a 5*. Mini bar could improve.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 947kidd
Ashish M, General Manager at LUX* Belle Mare, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Kid D, Greetings from the beautiful LUX* Belle Mare! Thank you for your review. We have always believed in taking every feedback as a constructive feedback and we shall work on some of the pointers in your review. As a standard practice at the resort, all our live entertainment stops at 2300 hours; however piped music continues till midnight when our bars close. Both at the very beautifully located Beach Rouge on the beach front and at the K Bar, piped music and service continues till midnight. Mari Kontan , our Mauritian Rum experience, in fact comes alive very often after 2230 hours with people tasting and enjoying rums over a nice chat with each other or while listening to the very many anecdotes shared by the bartender. Likewise, our All Inclusive offerings pretty much cover all our dining options including MIXE - our interactive buffet restaurant, Beach Rouge, Duck Laundry, Cafe LUX, ICI, RR 1933 Food truck and all of these offer plenty of preparations and options for guests on All Inclusive. There are some preparations like Lobsters and Wagyu which are clearly identified as such and not included in the AI offering. Only the pop up dining experiences and 'Amari by Vineet' are not included in All Inclusive offering but where again, we offer a 30% discount on these offerings. Our All Inclusive offering is limited to Food & Beverage options and clearly identified as such and hence other activities including spa treatments, bike rentals etc are not included in this. We shall work on the Minibar offerings as mentioned by you.

I am glad that you found the team at the resort helpful and also enjoyed the buffet offerings as also the ICI, Beach Rouge, Cafe LUX* and the lay out and design of the room. We shall work on all the areas mentioned by you and I hope to be in touch and welcome you back in the near future;

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

I got amazing chance to perform for 2 weeks in 3 Lux* hotels around Mauritius.

My first stop was in Lux*Belle Mare. And I was so excited before my trip to Mauritius and once I came to Lux*Belle Mare I can understand all my feelings before and even it was more and more wonderful as I can imagine.

As it was my first time in Mauritius I was so happy to meet Ukrainian beautiful lady Irina from reception, she helped me to understand all system in Lux*Belle Male. And with any small questions I can directly asked her and get all answers.

Lux*Belle Mare magic place with white sand beach and with amazing places around the resort. I’m so happy to visit this place with green area where you can wake up with birdsong, with super friendly team and with delicious food. It was my first experience to visit Indian restaurant Amari, where I tried amazing food which I never can imagine that I will try it before)

It was great time there. ♥️

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Lera T

Dear Lera T,

Greetings from your second home on the island!

Thank you so much for a beautiful review for us. We sincerely believe it is the team at the resort which ensures every guest is made to feel at home with their genuine service, commitment and desire to do more for all our guests. I have shared your lovely feedback with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for a yet another relaxing stay;