“Nice place, great lobster”

Domaine Anna - Ile Maurice Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 85 Restaurants in Flic En Flac
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Nice place, food is es el lento, mostly lobsters prepared in diffwrent choices, good choice of international wines

Write a ReviewReviews (1,868)

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I have been to this restaurant a few times when visiting Mauritius and especially in the early days when it first appeared and I was never impressed with the food or service. I always thought it was overrated although the locals worshipped it. I stopped going for a number of years but decided to try it again a few weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised. It was always a stunning spacious and elegant venue, softly lit with waterways and bridges and it still is but they have changed the menu completely and the food was actually quite good. It was early in the week and the food was plentiful and we even received complimentary desserts. Although when we went back a few days later at the weekend and re-ordered the same food it wasn't quite so good and seemed rushed, smaller portions and no complimentary desserts. So if you do decide to go, do so early in the week when the waiters are desperate for your custom to keep busy (the bosses are watching, one waiter told me) . Service was good and friendly.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Very good place..ideal for having good photoshoot..but food and service needs to improve..we were told about fresh seafood but that was not the case..mixup of orders..unfriendly staff..

2  Thank Chandra K
Reviewed August 20, 2017

I have book a table on the water pavilion for my fiance birthday and he just loved it. The waterfall beside, the setting and all was very lovely done. The service was very rapid and up to expectations. The food was awesome and even more was the surprise birthday cake that i have ordered. Thank you loads domaine anna.
Will surely visit again.

Reviewed August 13, 2017

I went to Domaine Anna last week as I wanted to take my family out to a nice restaurant while we were visiting Mauritius. The food at Domaine Anna was good, not great. We chose a selection of different food to share. However the staff was very incompetent. We ordered 2 different types of Prawns, 1 serve each but we were given 2 serves each. We did not know about it (how are we meant to know what 1 serve should look like!) until we finished eating- one of the waiters told us that they accidentally served us 4 serves of Prawns (it was for the other table) and since it was their fault, they won't charge us for it. This sounded fair and I was ok with that. However when we received our bill, we were charged with the 4 Prawns. I disputed this and a supervisor came and said that we were ok to be charged with the 4 prawns and whatever discussion I had with the waiter re not charging us is between me and the waiter and he cannot do anything with that. After more than 30 mins of backwards and forwards, he only agreed to waive the dessert for us and it was only half of the price of the prawns.
I think that this is appalling customer service and it ruined our night. They were at fault, accepted that it was their mistake and we had to pay for their mistakes. Is this how Domaine Anna makes money?
I will not recommend this restaurant.

3  Thank N1maa