Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Trial dive

First time to dive. Me and my doughter had a trial dive. The instructors where great. My 14 year... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Fritzes
Sea urchin all the WAY!!!!

i went diving there a few times with one of my friends. it was the first time that she went diving... read more

Reviewed November 8, 2018
Jet63457001622

All reviews dive shop diving center great dive no nonsense open water these guys felt safe eagle rays our honeymoon instructor equipment fishes team giovanni boat kit aquarium
Reviewed September 15, 2016

Being a first time diver, I was unaware of amount effort it goes into complete a dive. The instructor has explained the process, equipment and methodology very well. But the initial practice at lagoon was pushed hurriedly as they were other divers waiting. The other divers were experienced divers didn't required this introduction. I was able to manage with the dive but my wife couldn't do the dive because of this pushing.

I was completely satisfied with the diving experience though I went alone. But, we have asked for photographs which they have forgot to click.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank challapali
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

I dove for the first time with Sea Urchin and chose them based on the lonely planet travel guide. They were very professional and caring. Diving for me was conquering my biggest fear (the ocean), and they were very understanding. I had a great first dive. I felt safe, looked after at all times. My husband is an experienced diver and he said he was very impressed with their level of professionalism. Thank you for a great experience!!!!!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed March 3, 2016

I had big expectations before my first dive in an open water PADI-diving course consisting og 4 dives. I chose the "Sea urchin diving center" located in in Flic en Flac and run by Katherina from Germany. Katherina was my diving instructor from the beginning an I recognized during the first dive, that she was unsatisfied with my effort. When descending I felt pain in my ears and signaled to her that I wanted to ascent to the surface. She said to me that I didn't do what she told me and after 3 attempt we got down to 14 meters and I felt OK. Everything looked fine. But after the dive she told me, that I didn't complete all the activities well so I could not expect, that I could finish the course on the estimated time. The second dive was about the same and I didn't feel that she could understand my problems and give me the appropriate advices. The third dive went completely wrong!
When I was pushing the wrong bottom to descent she got angry at me and criticized me for my lack of cooperation. She said loud that I was pissing her off and I was spoiling her reputation. One of her employees was close to us us and heard everything. I asked her to talk to me in a descent manner, but she meant that if I didn't do what she said she couldn't continue with me. After some discussion I didn't feel comfortable and I said that I wanted to stop the dive and got into the boat again. I got the certification for scubadiving, which includes 2 dives.
I my opinion, she didn't demonstrate the adequate skills to teach all kind of students to overcome their difficulties. I'm convinced that Katherina is an experienced diver on a high level, but her skills in pedagogical issues have place to improvements. A teacher and an instructor must not loose temper even how bad the pupil/ student is. So I will recommend the potential diver to consider carefully before choosing dive instructor.

Date of experience: March 2016
9  Thank Hein99
Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

First dive in 20 years - and with good help from the whole team. Good instructions for refresh and excellent and calm Instructor Sebastian - thank you very much for being so patient we saw eagleray, clownfish, murraine, lionfish, kingfish, seasnake and lots of beautiful fish. We went to "aquarium" 6-20 meters. We can recommend this driving center hugget

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank Famcccc
Reviewed June 3, 2015

I spent 3 days in Flic en Flac diving with Sea Urchin and it was an absolutely wonderful experience. I was a first time diver trying to get my Open Water Diver certification. The staff was incredibly friendly, professional, and helpful, answering all of my questions thoroughly. I felt very prepared for my 4 dives. I struggled a bit with the mask recovery exercises, but Nicholas and Perrine were both very patient with me. I felt very comfortable and safe.

I got to see so much incredible marine life. The highlight was definitely seeing a sea turtle! I even got to see a pod of dolphins on the boat ride back to the shore one day. Absolutely beautiful!

Loved enjoying tea and friendly conversation before and after each dive. It was a very chill environment and I felt right at home. Definitely would recommend diving with Sea Urchin!

Date of experience: May 2015