“Safe, Professional Diving”

Sea-Urchin Diving Center
Reviewed September 15, 2016

We only dove with Sea-Urchin once but very much enjoyed it. There is tea and coffee ready for you, and the guys there help you kit up. From the shop you walk to the dive boat on Flic en Flac beach then its a short trip out to the reef. We dove 'Cathedral' which is a great dive site and even has sleeping sharks waiting for you to discover!

This is a good dive company and they will look after you.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"giovanni"
"kit"

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Being a first time diver, I was unaware of amount effort it goes into complete a dive. The instructor has explained the process, equipment and methodology very well. But the initial practice at lagoon was pushed hurriedly as they were other divers waiting. The other divers were experienced divers didn't required this introduction. I was able to manage with the dive but my wife couldn't do the dive because of this pushing.

I was completely satisfied with the diving experience though I went alone. But, we have asked for photographs which they have forgot to click.

1  Thank Raghavendra K
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

I dove for the first time with Sea Urchin and chose them based on the lonely planet travel guide. They were very professional and caring. Diving for me was conquering my biggest fear (the ocean), and they were very understanding. I had a great first dive. I felt safe, looked after at all times. My husband is an experienced diver and he said he was very impressed with their level of professionalism. Thank you for a great experience!!!!!

Reviewed March 3, 2016

I had big expectations before my first dive in an open water PADI-diving course consisting og 4 dives. I chose the "Sea urchin diving center" located in in Flic en Flac and run by Katherina from Germany. Katherina was my diving instructor from the beginning an I recognized during the first dive, that she was unsatisfied with my effort. When descending I felt pain in my ears and signaled to her that I wanted to ascent to the surface. She said to me that I didn't do what she told me and after 3 attempt we got down to 14 meters and I felt OK. Everything looked fine. But after the dive she told me, that I didn't complete all the activities well so I could not expect, that I could finish the course on the estimated time. The second dive was about the same and I didn't feel that she could understand my problems and give me the appropriate advices. The third dive went completely wrong!
When I was pushing the wrong bottom to descent she got angry at me and criticized me for my lack of cooperation. She said loud that I was pissing her off and I was spoiling her reputation. One of her employees was close to us us and heard everything. I asked her to talk to me in a descent manner, but she meant that if I didn't do what she said she couldn't continue with me. After some discussion I didn't feel comfortable and I said that I wanted to stop the dive and got into the boat again. I got the certification for scubadiving, which includes 2 dives.
I my opinion, she didn't demonstrate the adequate skills to teach all kind of students to overcome their difficulties. I'm convinced that Katherina is an experienced diver on a high level, but her skills in pedagogical issues have place to improvements. A teacher and an instructor must not loose temper even how bad the pupil/ student is. So I will recommend the potential diver to consider carefully before choosing dive instructor.

9  Thank Hein99