“Brilliant.”

Sea-Urchin Diving Center
Reviewed December 28, 2016

My son (12) and myself did our PADI Open Water Certification here.

The dive centre is cozy, welcoming and mellow while still maintaining high levels of discipline, professionalism and most importantly safety standards.

Obviously as a parent, my only concern was the safety of my son. After four full dives (open ocean not pool) with Sea Urchin I would happily let my son dive here without me.

There were other kids (around 12-14 years old) diving in our groups with lots of attention to safety and protocols , but equally important it was always fun!

The skills and knowledge training are very "learner-centred" in that they deal with each individual's specific needs as when they arrive (rather than following a prescribed "out of the book" course).

Instructor's are always on hand at the centre to offer advice, explain theory or answer any questions about diving or the local marine wildlife.

The team is great;

Katharina : the boss ... does well what a boss should do. Keeps it safe.

Perrine was our main instructor for our open water skill exercises and she took a very hands-on approach - "get in the water and do it" which suited us perfectly. We had great rapport with our "teacher" throughout the whole course = makes learning easy.

Lydia, Eduardo, Linda; always around with a smile and encouragement.

Final note:
On day one, our first dive, one of our group had problems due to ears and pressure on an attempted 12 metre descent. They took him back to the boat and he did not dive. On day two, this diver asked to cancel his course because he was "worried about his ears". Staff from the centre spent time (a lot of time) explaining the physics and the physiology of what he was experiencing and how to manage pressure underwater. He came back did dives, saw a turtle on his first dive (rare) .....the saw a turtle on his second dive (double rare).

Sea Urchin have made this a truly fantastic holiday.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"kit"
"sites"

Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

We did a dive here and had a great instructor at our "refreshment" class after being out of the water for over 2 years. She was calm and super nice, we really enjoyed the dive !!

Reviewed September 15, 2016

We only dove with Sea-Urchin once but very much enjoyed it. There is tea and coffee ready for you, and the guys there help you kit up. From the shop you walk to the dive boat on Flic en Flac beach then its a short trip out to the reef. We dove 'Cathedral' which is a great dive site and even has sleeping sharks waiting for you to discover!

This is a good dive company and they will look after you.

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Being a first time diver, I was unaware of amount effort it goes into complete a dive. The instructor has explained the process, equipment and methodology very well. But the initial practice at lagoon was pushed hurriedly as they were other divers waiting. The other divers were experienced divers didn't required this introduction. I was able to manage with the dive but my wife couldn't do the dive because of this pushing.

I was completely satisfied with the diving experience though I went alone. But, we have asked for photographs which they have forgot to click.

1  Thank Raghavendra K