2,875 results
All reviews thai restaurant aqua bar la pomme diamond member water sports dolphin watching guest services beach restaurant glass bottom boat infinity pool half board our honeymoon every evening water skiing live band main restaurant dinner buffet
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We recently stayed here having moved from the Zilwa Attitude which was very poor compared to this hotel. My husband is a Diamond Member and we booked 5 nights using some points and paid for the rest as normal. Upon arrival a gong was rung which I found out was the norm for all new guests, a nice touch! A quick check in with wet flannel and a nice welcome drink and the lovely Nimita showed us to our room and explained where everything was, she was such a nice lady. We had room 2035 and was very pleasantly surprised as we were upgraded and the room overlooked the beach was very spacious and clean. On arrival we were given a jute bag, sarong and polo shirt and a fruit platter. It was so nice. Lovely toiletries in the room and was comfy to relax in and I loved feeding the birds on the balcony.

We spent some days relaxing by the adults pool as the water is warmer there but also spent some time by the main pool. The towel girls and guys are lovely and was nice to have friendly conversation with them.

We would spend most evenings at the Happy Hour at the Vista Bar and were well looked after by the lovely Agnes. I loved the Torch Ceremony, it was a lovely thing that happened each night at 6.45, it actually made me quite emotional as the staff seemed so happy to be doing it.

The Dolphon Trip and Glass Bottom trip which were both free were great, Nice guys at the boathouse. Yes the sand etc is corally so just wear water shoes, the sea was very warm.
Breakfast was really really good, lots of choice. We tried the Buffet for International Night and wasn't that impressed, not a great lot of choices and staff were quite slow in that we had to ask for drinks, ask for cutlery etc.

We were invited to the Honors Cocktail evening which was nice but only the Guest Services and Spa Manager took time to talk to us so we left after that. The general manager said Hello and that was that.

Conciege were very good, always getting us taxi's on time and one guy even booked us a restaurant in advance.

Stephen at the Aqua Bar was such a nice friendly guy and always helpful.

The one person who stood out was James Gunga who was the Aqua Bar Manager and who would always often be in the restaurant at Breakfast. He truly was interested in us, why we had moved hotel and why we had not chosen Hilton originally (this was because they do not offer an All-Inclusive Package). He always took time to see that we were happy and was having a nice holiday, had drinks ready as knew what we wanted and was just a lovely guy. I went to see him on our last day just before leaving to personally thank him and give him a personal tip but he had sadly left so if anyone reads this from the hotel, please thank him from Dawn and Joel.

I really think he deserves to be promoted to a higher level than what he is, as he is an asset to Hilton. The general manager was at the Honors Party and didn't even take the time to talk to us like James did, perhaps he could be promoted to a Deputy Manager, as he has a general interest in people and you could see that by the amount of people he interacted with. Well done James, we will miss you!

Thank you for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: Room 2025 is nice and quiet but has fantastic views
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VegasJetsetter77
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely 10night honeymoon spent at the Hilton! On arrival we were warmly greeted by all the staff at reception with a complimentary cocktail. We booked a honeymoon offer so we also received a complimentary couple massage in the spa and another voucher for cocktails and canapés. We were showed to our room which was beautiful just behind the children’s pool. The beds were very comfortable and the room was spacious. Housekeeping was always done twice a day with a deep clean every third day I think. The mini bar was always stocked although it is very expensive but that’s like most hotels.
We went half board , breakfast was delicious! Everything you could imagine my husband particularly enjoyed the omelettes made fresh to order. Dinner was also really enjoyable they had different themes each night but had so much to choose from you never got bored! The flavours and sauces were all delicious we were very impressed! we also ate lunch at the restaurant on the beach a couple of times and booked into the ginger Thai one evening which was amazing food!
The boat house was all free water activities which was great! We went on a pedal boat and a canoe was really fun!
The beach and pool area was always tidy and clean and always had empty beds you never had to wait or be disappointed with not finding one.
The children’s pool was actually pretty cold so most children were in the jacuzzi as was much warmer which was abit annoying as they constantly jumped in and one child did slip and hurt him self. But the adults infinitely pool was lovely and warm with a beautiful setting.
We also used the spa quite a few times which is also free to use and is usually open till 8pm we enjoyed our complimentary massage and I also had a leg massage which was wonderful!
We visited the casela zoo where we done zip lining which was a fun day out we booked this through our rep pascal who worked for Coquille Bonheur. We also visited some shopping centres and just got a taxi out the front of the hotel they wait for you and also bring you back.
We also went for lots of walks along the beach front down to Flic En Flac where there are various little shops and cafes etc.
All the staff at the Hilton were brilliant very friendly and always smiley! A warm welcome where ever you went! We made friends with one of the entertainment staff Bryan who came and played pool with us a couple of nights and gave us an insight in to Mauritius living which was very interesting.
All in all a fantastic honeymoon ! Lovely memories made definitely one to remember! Hopefully one day we will get to return!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abi03
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

The staff were so friendly and the free activities offered and the facilities were excellent. Loved the view, service and the food especially the Ginger Thi restaurant it was the best.

I would like to thank them for the support and great experience that I had with them.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

We are currently 3 days into a week-long stay at the Hilton and so far I would sum up our experience as “just ok”. The rooms are nice, and the beds very comfy, and the beach is nice and clean. But that is overshadowed by the fact that the pool is too cold to swim in, which my 9yo is very disappointed about - usually we spend all our time in the pool when away, and had we known the pool would be so cold, we would have invested in some wetsuits before coming to keep us warm in the water. (There’s a warmer infinity pool, but apparently this is adults only). My biggest gripe, however, is with the restaurants. We have tried the buffet restaurant twice so far, and neither night had anything child-friendly on offer. I therefore asked the staff if they could perhaps cook my daughter some plain spaghetti, which thankfully they did. But after two nights of plain spaghetti, and no veg, (and chicken nuggets and chips for lunch, which my daughter would never eat at home!), my daughter is already thoroughly bored with mealtimes. Last night the desserts were all either Indian desserts or fancy cakes, neither of which my daughter liked, so she didn’t even have any dessert to sweeten her spaghetti experience!
I mentioned to the chef last night that it’s a shame that they don’t have some “child-friendly” (aka plain!) food in the buffet and he just shrugged. I mentioned it to a couple of waiters too, and they just shrugged too. Having had enough, I asked the girl at the front of the restaurant if there are any nights in the buffet that are more child-friendly, and she said they have a child menu that we can order from! She showed it to me, and the menu looks great - marguerita pizza, fish fingers, burgers, chips, plus lots of familiar child-friendly desserts, such as chocolate cake and ice cream etc. It never occurred to me to ask for a child’s menu at the buffet, but clearly, if you don’t ask, they will never tell you about it, even after you complain that there is nothing in the buffet that your child will eat (to be clear, we would have been happy with some plain grilled chicken or ham, some broccoli and carrot (not grated!), and/or other “deconstructed” offerings). We have yet to try the children’s menu, so can’t comment on quality, but it’s surely got to beat another night of plain spaghetti!
So to sum up, if I was here on my own, my experience would be much more positive. But for a child, it’s mediocre at best, and my daughter has already said she doesn’t think we should come back to this hotel, and should instead stick with our usual Asian destinations, which have pools we can swim in, a decent choice of beach restaurants that offer a mix of healthy Western-style meals for fussy kids, and local fare for parents, and which are generally just more accommodating of children!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank tokyowriter
HiltonMauritius, Manager at Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear tokyowriter,

Greetings from the Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor which allowed us to Make It Right as you were still in house. On behalf of my team, I would like to reiterate my most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you have encountered until your meeting with our Executive Chef and Entertainment Manager.

Based on your constructive comments, we have follow-up on the points you have outlined, our team Make It Right and i am glad to learn that you checked out from the hotel very happy last Monday.

Should your travels bring you back to our part of the world, it would be my privilege to welcome you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Jacques brune

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, almost a full 7 days, and it was wonderful. We are Hilton Diamond's and found it a great use of points.

Grounds: Lovely, with beautiful flowers and fish ponds.

Room: We booked a standard room and were upgraded to an ocean view. Room was nice, but would have been disappointed with the view if I had paid extra for it. I think you need an oceanfront suite to really get a view of the water.

Pool: Two large pools- one for families, and one for adults. The adult one was heated which was wonderful as August is winter and the main pool was chilly. There were always beach and pool chairs available, even though the resort was 97% full apparently.

Beach: Not the greatest beach. Depending on the day, the water was cloudy to passable. The beach is built on top of a reef, so recommend beach shoes, so it is not super deep. It worked for our needs, but wouldn't stay here if the perfect beach is a requirement.

Food: We got breakfast included every morning due to status. Breakfast was incredible- good food, tons of variety from all around the world. We mostly skipped lunch because we were so full from breakfast. We also ate dinner a few nights on property. The food was moderately overpriced as was to be expected, but passable. The Thai place was best. Drinks at the bar were ok, not great. They were better if you stuck to some easy ones the bartenders were use to making. There was a 5pm happy hour at the adult pool with 50% off drinks which we did several times.

Entertainment/ Activities: There was so much included at this resort- we took advantage of: pedal boats, sail boats, kayaks, snorkeling boat tour, glass bottom boat, water skiing (we were both terrible). We also did a few of the resort activities the entertainment staff put on. One night they had a Hilton Honors cocktail party with free drinks and apps. And every night there was a fire ceremony, decent local band who played, and one night they had an Indian Dance Show.

Location: The resort would be a long walk from other food options. We had a car, and it was only 5 minutes from a stripe of decent restaurants. Flic-en-Flac seemed to be an hour to an hour fifteen from everything we'd considered doing on the island.

Staff: Wonderful. I felt like everyone at the resort knew our names- I have no idea how they remember them all. When our car battery died in their parking lot (we left the headlights on overnight) I think we probably had 50% of their maintenance staff in the parking lot working to jump start our car, not once but 2x. The entire staff worked there hardest to make our trip the best possible, and it they succeeded.

Concierge: This is the one place I could see improvement. We went on the dolphin swimming tour they arranged with Dolswim. We were told (it was written down so I know I have it right) 2,300 per person and when we arrived at the site it was 2,400 per person. It's like $3USD difference so not a huge deal, but I would have liked consistent pricing. They also booked us transport, which we were not aware was optional as we would have driven ourselves if we'd been aware was an option. Other than that we drove ourselves around the island which except for a few moments was easy enough.

Overall we had a lovely time and would heartily recommend staying at this resort.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple