3,971 results
All reviews quiet pool tides restaurant sugar beach manor house south pool mon plaisir sister hotel la pirogue kids club all inclusive package citronella restaurant half board main restaurant colonial style main pool buffet restaurant our honeymoon a la carte restaurants
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed at Sugar Beach in August for 16 nights. I don't think we have stayed anywhere in the world that the staff have been more determined to make our stay amazing! Our room had a fabulous view and was beautifully cleaned and made up daily with fresh flowers and decorations by Rajoo. We went to Sugar Beach celebrate our 26th Wedding Anniversary and were so pleased we did. On the day of our anniversary our room was beautifully decorated by Emrith and we were treated to a special beachfront dinner and a lovely bottle of Champagne arrived in our room just in time for watching the sunset from our balcony. Perfect! Nadia at Guest Services arranged all this and was so nice! The restaurants and food at Sugar Beach and their sister resort La Pirogue next door (which you can use all the facilities of) were excellent. All of the restaurant staff were friendly and helpful but Sam and Rajah were particularly nice, and Gino often helped us choose the perfect wine to go with dinner. There were 6 restaurants availiable and Akshite was very helpful and booked them for us. Finally Anjenny the duty manager handled a difficult situation really well and we were happily surprised by the professional way the whole situation was resolved. You can do as much or as little as you like at Sugar Beach. There were lots of free activities at the resort (and the spa was wonderful too) and there were also great day trips to do. We did an electric bike trip and really enjoyed it. We were so glad we stayed at this resort on this beautiful island and would highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Beachfront room
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rovt
NDChalain, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Rovt,

Thank you for the sixteen nights spent in our resort for the occasion of your 26th wedding anniversary and for leaving us your feedback shortly after.

We are all delighted reading that you had a great time on this particular holiday and that your special moment was enhanced by our facilities offered.

Thank you praising our staff, particularly Rajoo, Emrith, Nadia, Sam, Rajah, Gino, Akshita and Anjenny, who went out of their way to enjoy timeless memories.

We look forward for another opportunity to host you again for another pleasurable holiday.

Reviewed September 14, 2018

My family recently travelled to Mauritius . This is a hotel with excellent staff to make your stay memorable . It is very good for families with a good choice of meals including Gluten free.. Drinks however is a bit pricy but same as other 5 star hotel. Our thanks to Mr Augan (my younger brother) who made my daughters engagement memorable. Wesley kept our room very clean and was always helpful in many ways and Darren made meal time enjoyable with attention to details. There were many more who we would like to thank but too many to remember. No doubt other members of the family will write their own reviews and mention more.
If there is an area which disappoint is the accommodation. This is not 5 star and badly in need of upgrading which I believe is on the cards. I feel it does not do justice to the excellent team of staff who are outstanding.

Room Tip: We found 639 a nice room with sea view. If you want peace ask for a room away from the hub.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
NDChalain, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Dear CARPEN,

Thank you for choosing Sugar Beach for your family vacation in Mauritius.

I personally appreciate your esteemed feedback towards my team as well as the facilities offered.

I shall certainly forward your feedback to Augun, Wesley and Darren along with the entire team, as I am sure that they will feel more motivated to work even better.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Sunny regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2018

From the moment we arrived we felt really welcome and comfortable. We were greeted warmly and the check in process was very easy.

The location and setting of the hotel is perfect – right on the beach with gorgeous views of the mountains. There were plenty of sunbeds across the resort beach front so always space. The gardens and grounds of the resort were all immaculate and beautiful. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable – with stunning views of the quiet pool and beach.

Food at all the hotel restaurants was excellent. There was always a huge variety, including plenty of vegetarian options and the chefs were always willing to make things to your taste if required. The themed evening buffets were amazing and a great opportunity to try foods from around the world. In particular, our special thanks to the baker – we love you! The breads were wonderful – so many different types and always delicious.

The hotel facilities were excellent – everything that you could need is there and all the staff were always happy to help. There were plenty of activities available, all detailed in the Gazette. Unfortunately, we didn’t have the Gazette or the spa menu in our room when we first arrived so needed to ask reception a few times before we received it. We did go on the free glass bottom boat trip which was a real disappointment. Unfortunately, the guides running the boat were more interested in talking to their friends along the beach front than showing us the reefs. However, we had a great time on the pedal boat. We also did the hotel back lot tour which was fantastic and really made us appreciate all the effort that goes on behind the scenes. The spa was lovely and the treatments were great, however overall a little overpriced. All massages have the hammam included beforehand but there was quite a lot of time waiting in reception meaning we only had about 10 minutes in the hammam which was a real shame. The entertainment and dance shows were brilliant – we especially enjoyed the sega dancing on the beach.

We’d like to thank all the staff for making our stay so memorable, with a special thanks to the following:
Anuradha – for sorting out our room so promptly on our arrival
Dominique and Pranesh – for always keeping our room spotless
Shervin – for a fantastic and informative back lot tour
Christie, Roma, Karishma, Hansay, Asheel, Kumar, Vikesh and Jayshina – for excellent service and friendly attitude at the restaurant
Vikram – for his impeccable attentive service and all those Mauritian Smile cocktails – a true professional!
Darren – for his amazing helpful service, always with a smile. And for going the extra mile and always spoiling us rotten!

Overall we had a wonderful holiday at Sugar Beach and cannot wait to return!

1  Thank PriB_travel

Dear PriB_travel,

I appreciate the time you afforded to share your feedback after your recent stay with us.

We are all delighted reading that you had a great time on this particular holiday. We also have taken good note of some of the points you mention where I shall have a look into so as to re enforce our standards.

I highly appreciate your recognition towards my team, particularly those whom you mentioned Anuradha, Dominique, Pranesh, Shervin, Christie, Roma, Karishma, Hansay, Asheel, Kumar, Vikesh, Jayshina, Vikram and Darren. I shall not miss to share your feedback to all of them.

We cannot wait to welcome you back again for another enjoyable stay.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2018

Sugar Beach was just incredible. I have to give full marks to housekeeping - our room was perfect and serviced beautifully by YASHVIN. He was efficient, friendly and most accommodating. His towel swan and floral presentation on our last day was inspirational. The food was memorable (my scale agreed), the setting was indeed paradise on earth (every photo I took looked like a postcard), and the available entertainment and amenities were impressive. My only disappointment was the main restaurant staff. A few were lovely, but on the whole, staff training needs to be improved.

Room Tip: The units closest to the beach and sea facing are the best by far.
1  Thank Jenny K

Dear Jenny K,

Thank you for the time spent in our resort on the special occasion of two birthdays.

I am delighted reading that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I also have taken good note of your mentions in which I shall involve my head of department to have a look into so as to re enforce our training needs.

I shall pass on your kind remembrance to Yashvin whom I am sure would be very much pleased.

Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Had a warm welcome,beautiful place with wonderful beach room with sea view nice weather.The room was clean and tidy as per my expectation,service at the pool was nice my son really enjoy without forgetting the kids club where we were hAppily welcome and my son had wonderful play time with different kinds of game finally it's just a wonderful place for Holliday with family and will be back soon . Thanks to All Sugar beach team

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dboodhun
NDChalain, General Manager at Sugar Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2018

Dear Dboodhun,

We are delighted to read that you had a nice time and that you enjoyed most of our facilities.

I am pleased to learn that you found our team members friendly and that they were willing to go the extra mile to please you.