Firstly the rooms are great, luxurious, spacious and very well designed with a private lovely outdoor area with a plunge pool. The housekeeping was also excellent and the Spa was wonderful.
Now for the downside. We stayed early in January which is apparently a very busy time. There are only 2 restaurants and both were full of families with young (and when we were there, very rowdy and badly behaved) children. We spoke to the food and beverage manager who said that it was a busy time and that there was nothing that he could do to control the children. We therefore had the remaining meals in our villa.
We were very disappointed as we chose this hotel on the basis of their marketing as a romantic couples destination.
We really did not want to have all of our dinners in our room and in addition had to pay a hefty surcharge for this privilege.
We were actually quite disappointed in the quality of the food in general. For a high end hotel, the food was pretty average.
Finally, we had a problem with the drainage in our shower which meant that the area flooded every time we had a shower. We complained constantly and were assured that it would be sorted out. It never was and we received no feedback at all. Again, it's not the sort of service that you expect In a quality hotel.
We made a formal complaint as we were leaving and then later wrote a letter to the General Manager. He responded by telling us that they were having some problems with tree roots in this villa. They were obviously aware of this the first time that we complained and indeed, the discoloration on the tiles suggested that it had been occurring for quite some time. The most annoying thing was that we received absolutely no communication or feedback.
Thus, despite the lovely rooms, I would definitely not recommend this hotel. It certainly compared very poorly to other high end (and similarly priced) hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely on the island, our luxury five-star resort features the discreet opulence of private villas for all our guests. Inspired by its Indian heritage, the Maradiva experience which includes an award winning Holistic spa, haute cuisine, and a private pool in the grounds of every villa, is defined by understated elegance and impeccable service. In a lush 27-acre setting with the turquoise waters of Tamarin Bay lapping our white sandy beach, the 65 villas at Maradiva are at the heart of a vibrant paradise, ideally situated for world-class golf, coral diving, big game fishing, and the island's beautiful national parks. At Maradiva, all our guests stay in the intimate harmony of their own private air- conditioned villas, with a butler available 24 hours a day. Our 49 luxury villas, 8 beach front villas, 6 exclusive villas and 2 Presidential villas each have their own private terrace, garden and infinity-edge pool, with the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean right on the doorstep. For families or small groups, we also offer interconnecting villas. Guests looking for the ultimate peaceful hideaway can enjoy fine dining and many spa services in the privacy of their own villa. You can come to us, or we'll come to you. You choose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Maradiva Villas Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maradiva Villas Hotel Flic En Flac
- Maradiva Hotel Flic En Flac
- Taj Exotica Mauritius
- Maradiva Villas Resort And Spa Mauritius/Flic En Flac