Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villas Mon Plaisir(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$84
US$279
  • Pool
Recif Attitude(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$146
  • Pool
Le Meridien Ile Maurice(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$249
US$218
  • Breakfast included
The Oberoi, Mauritius(Pointe Aux Piments)
US$611
US$358
US$335
Agoda.com
US$583
US$493
Travelocity
3,096 results
All reviewsla casale superbele horizonall inclusive packagekids clubfamily apartmentbob marlinpalm treeswater sportsvisited leseafood restaurantbeach servicemain restaurantaqua gyma la carte restaurantsfamily vacationwedding coordinator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently, we spent a week in the Beachcomber Victoria. The hotel follows a traditional architectural scheme: The access to the apartments comes from external galleries on the land side, on the sea side are balconies. We had a room on the second and last floor with view on the palm gardens. The layout of the apartments is traditional, too. On one side of the entrance are lockable cupboards, on the other one the bathroom with a separate WC. (Unfortunately the WC is so small that you cannot close the door without some unnatural contortions -- so you perhaps will prefer to leave it open.)

What is excellent is the shower and the shower compartment: water will never escape to the outside. The apartment is equipped with six mirrors of truly excellent quality, three of them behind the sinks. The middle one is sliding, opening, if you wish so, the view into the apartment -- once a gadget in such hotels, nowadays rather the style of the nineties.

The distinctive architectural feature of the entire hotel are pitched roofs, a feature that is repeated with the apartments of the second floor. This gives their interior an own particular character, even more so as the pitched ceiling is quite beautifully adorned. The interior designer seems to have disliked drawers. According to the construction time of the hotel, nowadays urgently needed electric outlets are scarce. -- Housekeeping was excellent.

So far for the overwhelmingly positive aspects to which I would like to add the fact that children are very welcome. What is disappointing is the personnel of the dining hall and the selection of meals and dishes you will find there. Friendly staff is rare, special wishes are not welcome (try to get an omelette with cheese). There is no decoffeenated coffee; you will miss full grain bread, brown bread, rusk, (milk) products with reduced content of fat.

WIFI bandwith is sufficient in the lobby and at the strand, rather not in the apartments.

Strand life is ok. If you can catch one of the thatched roof umbrellas, you will perhaps want to observe the activity of one or two carpenter bees (xylocopa) lodging there. Snorkeling in the sea you still will find some beautiful corals, but also one or more hideous crown-of-thorns starfish on their devastating tour. The activity of boats and motor boats can be considerable, depending, as it seems, on the tides.

All in all a somewhat mixed impression, with a slight overweight of positive experiences.

Room Tip: second floor, most beautiful apartments with pitched roof
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lahjakas
VictoriaBeachcomber, Social Media & Quality Manager at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear lahjakas,

Thank you for posting and sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor after your recent stay at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa.

I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and that you had a positive experiences as you mentioned in some areas. We do certainly try our best to provide good service, excellent food and a wide range of facilities for the enjoyment of our Guests and was pleased that you appear to have availed yourself of many of these. We are always working to improve our services, and your feedback will assist us greatly.

I was sorry to read that you have left with an impression that our Artisans at the Resort are impersonal, it is a grave concern as staff attitude and friendliness is one of the hallmarks of Victoria Beachcomber.

In regards to your comments concerning the "There is no decoffeenated coffee; you will miss full grain bread, brown bread, rusk";
I can assure you that we do have decaffeinated Coffee at all our bars, however in our Mini Bars we do not have, but we give upon request. Concerning the breads we have several types of bread and if there was a specific one that you were looking for, I am sure our Chefs would have arranged it for you, if you asked so.

I am obviously sorry that we have not entirely lived up to your expectations, it is always our goal to have satisfied customers and would sincerely like to have the opportunity of regaining your confidence in Victoria Beachcomber. Please let me know personally whenever you book as I would be more than happy to assist with any preferences you may have.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for 7 nights on our honeymoon.
The staff was amazing all round, I can't say anything bad about the service we received from each of the staff members.
The room was cleaned twice a day, and clean towels was provided when necessary.
The food at all 3 restaurants was amazing, and the cocktails was delicious, with 2 specialty cocktails each day. The snorkeling gear was super clean, and the location was beautiful.
If I have to give any negative feedback I would have to say, the watersports weren't what we expected. We had to wait quite a long time for a very short run, and then had to return to the beach to rebook, in order to have another turn. I was also disappointed in the lack of adult entertainment in the evenings. They catered only for the children. I expected the night disco to be adults only, as well as the beach parties, but there were very young children taking over the dance floors. I didn't mind the children during the day, I just wished for some adults only entertainment a few nights.

Room Tip: Not recommended for couples that is looking for some alone time without children
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
VictoriaBeachcomber, Social Media & Quality Manager at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Chantelle M,

Thank you for having chosen Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa for your honeymoon.

Also thank you for your feedback, I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the facilities of the Resort. We pride ourselves with an engaged team who really ensure that each and every Guest that we have feels at home and I’m delighted that they were able to achieve this feeling.

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations in regards to the long waiting time for the Water Ski and our beach parties; at Victoria Beachcomber we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future, thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for 8 days. We did a lot of research before selecting this hotel and finally chose it as it seemed to cater to families. However, after 2 stays at the Lux Belle Mare, this was a huge step down in quality and we were disappointed. From the moment we arrived, it seemed disorganized, busy and inattentive to customers. The checkin was chaotic and I was left standing for at least 10 minutes before someone would greet me and check my family in as people ran around frantically trying to check in other guests(I asked at reception and they told me to run after some guy to help me). So not a great first impression. There was no personlised service or feeling that you were valued. After finally checking in, we were basically left to our own to find our room. No one provided us with details on what to do or where things were located. Throughout our 8 days here, it was the same. Lack of management or efficient/friendly systems or even to respond to guests needs. For example, we tried to order baby meals but they never seemed to appear or arrived 40 minutes late after our child was too hungry/tired to eat. No one seemed to communicate with each other. The pool towel service is ridiculous and you need these stupid cards to get towels each day or cart around your wet ones back and forth. Does someone think we will actually steal these?! The towel guy was extremely rude and refused to give me an extra towel as I left one in the room. Also, they don't open until 9am with any clean towels! Although the beach and pool are good, it could be so much better.There is no lifeguard on duty if you come with small children. Food won't be delivered to you if you are on the beach (only the top of the stairs). Little details like this could easily be fixed if management actually walked around and talked to guests to find out what issues exist. Although we liked the baby room which had supplies of food and milk, food would frequently run out by the end of the day (nobody would come to restock). Also, this is the only baby changing facility in the whole hotel which is far away from the pool, etc! It would be so easy to install a baby changing table in the other bathrooms. The restaurant was okay but many of the dishes were average at best. Both times we visited the other restaurants and the food wasn't great there either. A lot of the dishes lacked flavour and variety. Some of the wait staff were friendly where others were rude and grumpy. The hotel had some ramps but other places there were none leaving us to carry strollers up and down stairs. There is also no elevator down to the spa or kids club. The few times we visited the kids club, we weren't impressed with the activities or resources (most were old). The beaches were okay and had adequate seating but there is a lot of rocks and dead coral (and sea urchins) so you need to be careful while swimming. We did like the pools though as they were big. Overall, I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for families with young children as there are certainly better ones in Mauritius. It was pretty expensive and not great value.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Salsalover99
VictoriaBeachcomber, Social Media & Quality Manager at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Salsalover99,

We are very sad to read that Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa was not at the height of your expectations, however I believe you have done a very bad combination, with starting with Lux* Belle Mare which is an 'All Suite' Resort with 174 Suites.

Victoria Beachcomber is one of the most popular resorts in Mauritius, renowned for all rooms sea facing, family atmosphere, and the resort encompasses a lifestyle that appeals to all ages.

I must say on a rare occasion, I do acknowledge that we can initially not meet a guest’s expectations, however our Artisans do their very best to fulfill our promise of a quality experience and to cultivate the art of beauty in all its dimensions.

In regards to our Baby Corner, I sincerely do not understand your point; our Baby Corner is at the Heart of the resort which means near the reception area in the middle of the resort, it has been carefully equipped to meet the needs of babies from 1 to 3 years old, where equipment such as Changing table, Bottle warmer, Bottle sterilizer, Bottle brush wash, Fridge, Water Kettle, Water dispenser and a Baby Meal Menu where a dedicated Chef deals with all the orders.

Concerning your comment about the variety of the dishes; if you did mention we would have certainly made sure that one of our Chefs met with you and he would have done some special dishes at your taste; our Kitchen Team is very flexible and I can guarantee you that they would have prepared what ever you wished just to please you.

At Beachcomber we believe that the beauty of our resorts is enhanced by the quality of our services and the kindness of our teams, it is a pity that we learn your disappointment only today, as if we were aware of your disappointment and that you were at Lux* Belle Mare just before us, we would have moved you to another Beachcomber Resort which I personally think would have suited you, as things like that may happen and we would have helped you to finish your holiday beautiful.

Nevertheless I am delighted to share with you and our readers that “Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa is a 2018 Travellers’ Choice Award Winner” by Trip Advisor, and this is nothing but purely the hard work and passion of our Artisans, along with the love and support from our Guests.

Hopefully the highly positive reviews and compliments we receive on this platform and other social platforms, refute the claims which are sometimes grossly distorted, exaggerated and I believe in some instances, unacceptable.

Therefore I invite all readers and avid travelers, in reading the countless past and post reviews to appreciate by themselves the quality and service provided by the Artisans of Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa.

Stephanie Brebener

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I have spent two wonderful weeks at the Victoria Beachcomber (in March). From the very first beginning until the chauffeur drive back to the airport it we felt most comfortable and well treated by the whole Hotel staff (doesnt matter which Department). The check-in and check-out was easy and luggage desk is even providing luggage and shower room after check out. The Overall Impression of the whole venue as well as the room is completely positive as the Buildings are integrated into the nature which creats an awesome atmosphere. So this also contributes to the fact that you can enjoy silence and privacy throughout the whole stay and this made us feel completely relaxed and happy. The pool and the beach are great too as you can find all amenities that you need in that area for free. Our package was all inclusive and there is nothing you would wish to add because all the Food and beverages were high Quality and diverse, the bar Team for example was surprising us almost every day with new creations. BUT: the most most famous aspect is the staff and we really mean the whole staff. We were treated one the one Hand as friends, but on the other Hand also very professional. Hence the Level of Service is 5* and the appreciation is really going to the Hotel People! Thanks again for having us as well as contributing to a gorgeous Holiday. It was our second time at a beachcomber Hotel and you have proved again that your Hotel Group is on a very high Level. We will come back to this lovely Island and our Hotel will be a beachcomber one again for sure.

Room Tip: All rooms have sea view
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Julian S

Dear Julian S,
Greetings from Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa and a huge Thank you for your Beachcomber loyalty!!!!

The entire team at the resort is happy that you and your wife had a wonderful 2 weeks holiday with us and we thank you for this review, it is encouraging to read such positive comments on our service, facilities and our Artisans.
A big big thank you for recognizing the most important aspect of Victoria Beachcomber, our People, our Artisans is the DNA of Victoria Beachcomber, it is them who sets the vibe of the resort and we are thrilled to read that you enjoyed every single moment that you spent with us.

Thank you for mentioning how you were satisfied with the inclusion of our All Inclusive Package, we propose unlimited selected drinks, including a selection of imported brands, unlimited selected wine and drinks during lunch and dinner, all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), Buffet or à la carte with a supplement on certain items, sandwiches selection from 10am to 5pm and pancakes from 4pm to 6pm and much more.

Once again, we are delighted to read that the service provided by our Artisans had a very positive impact during your stay and please be assured that your feedback will be shared with the team, thank you for rating our service as a 5 *

You are now definitely part of the Beachcomber family and we hope to see you soon for another Beachcomber Experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We came in with very, very high expectations - I hadn't taken a single day off for the last year.... We were there my wife and I, with our two little girls (10 months & 2,5 yo).

I imagined a nice hotel, all rooms facing the sea with balconies and terraces. I imagined sipping piña coladas next to a cool swimming pool where I wouldn't have to fight for my deckchair. I wished for gentle nannies who could take care of my daughters a few hours a day at the kids club. I expected a big buffet for lunch and then a few quiet restaurants for the evenings. I longed for some snorkeling and interesting visits of the Island. And, moreover, I really hoped for a kind a helping staff and that we wouldn't have to argue or fight for anything.

Well, that's exactly what we got - and then some.

For some reason we got a better room than the one we booked (directly through Beachcomber) : a family apartment, that room might have been 120 or 130 square meters ! The terrace is HUGE.

We arrived in the early morning on the first day, and the staff managed to give us a room to rest with the kids - same goes for the last day.

The all inclusive is really all inclusive.

The Hertz car rental at the hotel was complicated (cars not available, not the right hours...). The frontdesk managed to find us another rental car contact that was great.

The staff at the front desk, the room, the kids club, the restaurants, the swimming pool, ... was always available, smiling and efficient.

And let's talk about the front desk : the entire team was SO helpful and patient with us. I'm thinking about Rim, Emilie, Gregory but especially *** Alison *** !

The nanny we had (ask for Lina) was gentle with the kids, patient, entertaining, ...

Overall, the feeling I had when we left is that there hadn't been a single frustration or annoyance during our stay. We LOVED our stay and LOVED the staff.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank laurentkretz
VictoriaBeachcomber, Social Media & Quality Manager at Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear laurentkretz,
Greetings from Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa.

The entire team at the resort is glad that you experienced a stay that you have dreamt of, we thank you for such a detailed review of the facilities that you had, as also for the beautiful title you chose for us.

Your review details various aspects which make us special and this will definitely help the readers of this forum and the future travellers to Mauritius in making a good conscious decision of their choice of resort.

Happy to read that you appreciated your room upgrade to a Family Apartment, Victoria Beachcomber has always been popular for its spacious rooms that makes it possible to accommodate couples with one to two children, also with our Family Apartments (120 square meters) which guarantees space and privacy to all members of the family with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, is just perfection for a family holiday. If we do have the possibility to do a free upgrade when we have the opportunity why not, and once again I am happy that you and your family appreciated this gesture.

We are thrilled to read how you enjoyed the availability and attention of our Artisans, to see such amazing praises for our Artisans who we truly believe are the central pillar of our resort is just brilliant. Your kind and encouraging words have already been communicated to our team namely Alison, Rim, Emilie and Gregory.

This is the reason why Victoria Beachcomber Resort & Spa is a 2018 Travellers’ Choice Award Winner by Trip Advisor, and this is nothing but purely the hard work and passion of our Artisans.

Victoria Beachcomber Team looks forward to welcome you back next year.