“High Atlas 10 Days Tour”

Wheels Across Morocco - Day Tours
Ranked #29 of 53 Tours in Essaouira
More attraction details
Owner description: From Essaouira we offer: Day trips into the countryside to the region's colourful local markets. Food Tours of the region including visiting an organic cheese making co-operative, a Moroccan vineyard and local country market. Cooking classes at a countryside retreat can also be included as part of this day tour. Further afield you can book with us for Desert Trips including Camel trekking in Zagora, day trips to Marrakesh and general Tours of Morocco. Just ask what you would like.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 8 January 2016

A stunning place to tour. The Mountains vary so much around each of the areas that you visit. Loved the area of the monkeys fingers. Darren and his wife were excellent guides. The accommodation was excellent and very varied so you experience all different kinds of hotels The rooms in the cave hotel was a stunning experience, I will remember the time of trying out night photography of the stars.
You will meet and photograph in many varied situations that will inspire you, landscapes, markets and people in there homes.

1  Thank Lynnmf_12
There are newer reviews for Wheels Across Morocco - Day Tours

Reviewed 12 December 2015

I have been with Darren for two holidays and waiting for another tour to be finalised to go again. I had the most wonderful time on both tours with expert advice. I was looked after extremely well and nothing was too much trouble for both Darren and his wife Naimer. Not to forget Hafid who was always behind us to help with the local people and sort out any problems at the rear. Photography was my aim and this Darren was extremely helpful and experienced at this, I learnt a lot and came home with some great shots

Reviewed 27 February 2015 via mobile

Had a wonderful day trip from Essaouira to Marrakech.

We were with friends and the day was ours to do with as we pleased. Our driver - Hafid - was a pleasure.

If you are looking for a good excursion then I thoroughly recommend.

We planned the day out via email from the UK and everything went to plan with no effort.

Great day out.

Reviewed 24 February 2015 via mobile

Great day trip into Marrakech today, Hafid was a great host, picking us up from our hotel and giving us exactly what we asked for - 'goats in trees', Argan Oil Co-op and loads more.

Really pleased we booked to go with Darren who was proffessional and helpful and Hafid made for a wonderful day out.

Reviewed 14 November 2014

Darren,

Thank you for a wonderful trip. While I have been on various other photographic tours, I had no idea what to expect in Morocco. This was by far the most exotic and unique place I've been. Not only was the scenery exciting and different, but the people we photographed were amazing. The experience of photographing people in their homes, eating with them, meeting their children, going to market with them and watching them work as we visited with them made this trip very special.
I think that I understand the culture as more than just a tourist. And, of course, the photographs of these experiences are a treasure.

As this was a photographic tour, I need to say that you were an amazing instructor. You were able to take each of us from where we are photographically and help us to reach a higher level. Since our group was only three, we each received far more individual guidance than I have ever received before. But your hiking over the dunes back to the vehicle to get me a fresh battery was definitely beyond anything I expected! In a very relaxed and laid back atmosphere, I learned to handle the light that is characteristic of this part of the world and so different from at home. And we seemed to arrive at each location just when the light was at its best.

The hotels we stayed at were wonderful. While they were traditionally Moroccan, they were all beautiful, charming and very well run. (And in addition to the Moroccan hospitality, they had all the modern amenities we could want!) The hotels added to my feeling of being in a different place and the architecture reminded me of the history of Morocco--from the traditional tile work of the Riad to the French Auberge.

The food was terrific and Naima was a big help in deciphering the menus. Her little "cooking lesson" the last evening and her guidance in selecting spices in the market were a real highlight. I have prepared Tagines twice now. The first time just for us and the second I invited friends to share. I had hoped to be able to share our photos with them also, but I am not finished reviewing them. However, they have offered to come back for the photos and another Moroccan dinner.

Willa
Virginia, USA

P.S. I have plenty of good shots--but had to share this one. Ahmed took it. I'm not sure but I think I traded his two camels for my camera. We did have fun with him.