“Stylish and Unpretentious ”
Review of Umia

Umia
Ranked #21 of 304 Restaurants in Essaouira
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

What a find!

Eclectic furnishings and decorations drew me to this place before even seeing the simple menu of superb dishes which were later served with a grace and charm often forgotten in top end establishments.

From today's menu I chose the blue lobster ravioli to start and monkfish for a main course. Both were excellent but I had already expected that as the amuse bouche gave a hint of the standard to follow.

My only disappointment was that I was not hungry enough to sample a dessert, perhaps I will need a return trip soon to correct that!

Many thanks to Umia for an unexpected treat of an evening meal especially as I had stumbled on the restaurant by accident having taken a wrong turning in the alleyways.

1  Thank DSA402621
Write a reviewReviews (1,152)

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We stumbled upon this restaurant inn Essaouira and were very happy to eat here. The food was not only delicious but absolutely stunning. The staff were very pleasant, friendly, but not overbearing. I would come back here in a heartbeat!

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed October 3, 2016 via mobile

The food is amazing!!!
We had good luck and could get in the restaurant without booking. The restaurant is closed on Tuesday.

Reviewed October 2, 2016

The best of our meals in Essaouira, this is a lovely intimate restaurant in the medina with fantastic cuisine. Moroccan flavors with a French twist, don't miss this one.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

Went here for my bday dinner with my mrs. I must say the owner, jamal, provided us with extremely good service. Felt very homely in some respects, in the decor and atmosphere.

The food was nice, though I don't typically go for French cuisine, they done a good job and it was very tasty.