“Perfect Dinner Spot”

Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2021 via mobile

My partner and I stopped in here looking for a drink on our first night in Essaouira and enjoyed the atmosphere and company of the owners so much we decided to come back for dinner the following night. The simple menu speaks to the freshness of the ingredients and the food did not let it down. The fish soup and duck confit pastilla were both excellent to start, and then the beef Wellington and duck breast were terrific entrees. All in all this it was a delightful experience, the food, wine, service, and atmosphere making it the perfect dinner spot for anyone visiting Essaouira.

Date of visit: July 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,152)

Reviewed July 3, 2021

I had two exceptionally good dinners at Umia while I was working remotely from Essaouira. The food is delicious, plus it's the kind of place where the owners, Jamal and Bebe, will take time to talk with you and make you feel at home.

One evening I ordered dinner for two, to take to my apartment, and Jamal gave me a glass of wine and visited with me while I waited.

The fish in crispy pastry was especially nice!

Jamal and Bebe have a very good bar selection as well. They even had one of my very favourite rums - the 23-year old Ron Zacapa.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed June 16, 2021

Umia was a nice introduction to the city this evening for us. With its cool vibe and warm welcome it provided a wonderful meal as well as good conversation with the owner. The menu is small yet thoughtful, and we enjoyed everything (especially the roasted pears/cheese/walnuts, mm!). Everything is made with care and presented artfully. The flavors are nicely crafted. Thanks for a nice dinner!

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed March 23, 2021 via mobile

This is very stylish restaurant with amazing food! The owner’s are very nice people it was big pleasure to meet them. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank KseniaVitsinskaya
Reviewed March 1, 2020 via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommend. It has a nice chic setting, a sense of ambiance and a warm welcome by the owners. Please be aware that one of our party is vegan and the restaurant says it caters for this diet, having booked a table after a long sightseeing day we thought this was a perfect choice. The only option for the vegan in the group was risotto without the clams....no dessert and no non dairy milk for coffee. Not ideal! The monk fish was quite tasty as was the chocolate fondant. But please reconsider going here if you follow a strict diet, otherwise it’s ok.

Date of visit: February 2020