“Solo Female Dinner”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous little find. I'm a difficult customer in the fact, I know what I like and that's superseded by more of what I don't like and present state of mind.

I didn't want a fast food restaurant and I didn't want to spend a lot of money (over 10€). I hadn't eaten all day and wanted something a bit cozy, but not totally isolated. I had already choose one restaurant, but left because there was an English couple with children. Luckily enough the restaurant was quite when I arrived and became very busy when I was finishing with dessert.

There are a total of 6 double tables inside and a few more outside. It's family run, with very polite and gentle owners.

The menu I chose was 80dhm for three course. The aubergine salad, was surprising as it was served hot. It was fabulous. I added salt, but do for most things. I order as the main the beef skewers which were cooked perfectly and served with a hot French mustard. The dessert was either chocolate cake (I don't like chocolate) or creme brûlée. Needless to say I ordered the latter. It was a bit softer for my preference, seemed more of a Spanish style, but was sweet and lovely.

The daughter who was serving me, was lovely and sweet. A very nice family restaurant. Would come back.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Small restaurant at the end of the main street. The two owners are friendly and english speakers, not very common in Essaouira. It’s quite cheap and the food it’s fast and OK. We spent 100 Dirham for 2 “appetizer”, one main course and a bottle of water.

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

food very good, tagine delicious, very nice service, the restaurant is in a side street, quiet and peaceful, mint tea revelation

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Tucked away along a side street off Avenue Alla Ben Abdellah this intimate restaurant was a real find. The prices were slightly more reasonable than other local places, the difference was the hosts are all so welcoming. Food is prepared and passed through from the kitchen which is just the other side of the room. I ate here twice, both times having local dishes, both times these were tasty and being able to sit inside with the doors open you are sheltered from the hawkers that are selling to passers by.

Reviewed July 28, 2018

went with my 3 sisters, got all different types of plates, and loved the whole experience. The staff was soo nice.