“10 days Morroco private tour (3/14-3/24) with Journey Beyond Travel”

Journey Beyond Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Ifrane
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey Beyond Travel offers private guided day tours in Fes and other areas throughout the country. Our focus is on eco-friendly, sustainable, and responsible tourism. The company is registered locally as an official tour operator with the Ministry of Tourism. Tourists can set up guided day trips online or by visiting the main office in Fes.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Journey Beyond Travel is the best! Extremely well prepared pre-packet and survival guide. All questoins are answered with great thoughts and care. Fazia is incredible! I love Fazia!

My driver Abdelghani is a really nice guy. We are so lucky to have him. He is like a brother, a friend in need! He is our guardian angel throughout the entire trip.

Our Marrakesh city guide Mohamed is a dear uncle :-) He is so fantastic! He not only shared his professor-level knowledge about Morrocan's mentality and their history but also showed us the fun activities of local daily life hidden in the narrow lanes. He is the sunshine of my Marrakesh stay.

Tata is a man having the characteristics of the nobility. He is a also a fantastic photographer. The camel ride photos he took are so amazing that my friends feel like they are watching a hollywood big movie like 'The English Patient'.

All the Riads are breathtaking! On the website, it says these riads are 3/4 stars. I think they should be all 5 stars.

Most of the places and experiences are really great, hard to choose one as the best. If I have to, Volubilis and the blue gate of Fez would be my favorite.

* I love the Roman ruins on the tuscan-like land. The beautiful nature, the centries old columns and rocks, the lonely ruins and the breeze, make me feel much closer to the ancient Roman than the city of Rome in Italy.

* The blue gate of Fez with its different colors on both sides, blue for Judaism, green for Islam. As Naim said: "we are moroccans, we believe in harmonious diversities. Judaism or Islam, It is all part of our culture and history, no politics". I am amazed to find the peaceful co-existance for the two religions, which seems to be impossible from my previous knowledge.

* Hassan mosque is amazing! It made the stay in Casablanca completely worthwhile.

* The city walls of Bab Mansour and the Heri Souani granary are impressive!

* The Fez madena does not have autobikes, which made it 10 times better than Marrakesh.

* The mosiac and pottery workshop in Fez is a good experience.

* Visiting Tata's family gave us a chance to be around the local family. Tata's children are the best mannered kids I have ever seen.

* The Farmer's market Abdelghani showed us is interesting. My son and I went in for a quick walk around. It is really cool to see how local people live their daily life.

* Learning the traditional tea making, watching the local people making berber bread , cracking the argon nuts to make oil, visit the lady and her family who made the berber bread... these are all really good experience.

* Seeing Nomad families is a thought provoking experience. They move with seasons. No tax, no project due, no mortgage or 401lK, no schools.. who is happier? Them or us?

*Visiting Abdelghani's family who is on the farm near Marrakesh is also a good exeperience. His mom, sister, sister-in-laws and nieces have prepared a nice lunch
including a freshly made bread, home-made olives and butter, and morrocan tea. They kept feeling sorry for not speaking English. A really nice family!

My advice:
1. Majorelle garden is incredibly beautiful and marvelous! Make sure you get there at 8am. The garden experience would be 10 times better without the crowd.

2. If you want to enjoy the sand dune more, make sure you get the one hour camel ride.

3. Eat light for lunch and don't eat late. Every dinner is like a feast. You want to leave enought room to fully enjoy it.

4. Take napkins and sanctinizer with you if you go on a food tour.

2  Thank Wei Z
"high atlas"
"tour company"
"incredible tour"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
"friendly driver"
"bucket list"
"perfect trip"
"watch the sunrise"

Reviewed January 30, 2018

Thank you, Journey Beyond Travel, for an incredible tour of Morocco!!! The entire journey was pure joy. Special thank you to the best driver anyone could have, Naim Souhel. Thank you, Abdelaziz Naim for the best Fez tour ever. And to Abdelkarim Tata, for opening his home and hearth for a wonderful cooking class. The photographs Tata took of us on our camel ride in the desert are iconic. Warm, open hearts, abundant experience and fabulous Moroccan cultural ambassadors. Hiring them was the best decision i could have made. The ONLY way to experience Morocco. We will be back!

5  Thank Mary d
Reviewed January 18, 2018

Wow! This trip from start to finish was incredible. Thomas and his team were so responsive to our plans, fitting in their expertise and guidance with our ideas and interests (art, architecture, food, outdoors, culture). JBT has personal relationships with all of the riads (small family run boutique hotels) we stayed in, which ensured top service. JBT staff throughout were professional, responsive and, importantly for us, made Morocco the relevant, cultural and fun journey we wanted for our teenagers (which is some feat these days!!). I can't say enough. Go with JBT!!

2  Thank LaurCapeTown
Reviewed January 15, 2018

Journey Beyond Travel was an amazing company to work with. My parents, brother, and I went to Morocco for ten days and they organized a customized trip that allowed us to see all the sights we had on our bucket list, as well as some more unique destinations that we never would have thought of before. Highlights included trekking through the Sahara Desert on camels, being guided through the Fez medinas, and enjoying the beautiful blue Chefchaouen city. Our driver, Redoune, was one of a kind. He was with us for most of the journey and was always cheery, even when we probably asked way too many questions. Additionally, our guide in the desert, Tata, was wonderful. Him and his family made us lunch one day, and it was truly the best meal of the whole trip. We really appreciated all the hospitality from everyone.

Highly recommend this company - no complains whatsoever.

3  Thank Allie S
See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2017

JBT was terrific in the planning, guide support and follow up for our recently completed trip to Morocco. Thomas and Fazia took a genuine interest in trying to assure that our itinerary met our personal desires in terms of time, locations and budget.

The riads/hotels that they selected were terrific (location/amenities/service) and our driver (Hamid) ended up feeling like a family member by the end of the trip. They provided an almost daily supply of helpful emails/suggestions leading up to the trip and helped resolve one minor issue that we had at one of their riads in Marrakesh.

I am always somewhat skeptical when it comes to assessing the value/money that you receive on these major trips using tour support. However, JBT is as good as advertised. You should feel very comfortable reaching out to them for a trip to Morocco.

5  Thank bill b