All reviewshotel sellswalking distance to the beachquiet areawonderful staytwo nightsmuscattaxi
Reviewed August 9, 2017

We went to the bar for late night just for a drink on 8 Aug. The bar itself was empty and the staff allow us to grab for one drink. They were sit on the customer chairs, some on the floor which you can see there is no rules or standard. The staff there are so rude. Filipino waitress shouldn't work here anymore. She shouted to customer who pay for the service. She disrespected the customer and didn't realize of the hospitality. We just came in for a drink and then they wanted us to leave. The security is also worst. If they want to close, they shouldn't allow us even to come in. We was here before and had never experience in this kind of situation. We went all over the bar in Muscat and this is the worst place to go because of the staff. Sorry for the management to have bad attitude staff in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oumimmz
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I spent the first two nights of my holiday in Oman here. Our room was very large, and the beds very comfortable. Kudos to whoever installed the air-conditioning; it's quiet, located in the right place (ie: NOT blowing an icy gale straight down onto someone's pillow!) and when you adjust it, it responds! The staff are very kind and helpful, breakfast is fine (we didn't use the restaurant). The hotel sells pool vouchers for the Hyatt hotel next door (4 rials per person) which is a bonus. Don't miss an relaxing evening stroll down the beach (it's a couple of minutes walk away) to watch the sunset while dodging among the many football games! I should add that I didn't hear so much as a squeak out of the Irish Bar.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RosaSwitzerland
Reviewed February 14, 2017

This is budget hotel near to GH. I had meting in GH so this was the best option for me. Food is good. The beach is nearby. you can have a nice walk in the evening which is a must. The drawback of this hotel is that there is no nearby grocessory store. So, you need to take taxi to go nearby store.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed January 27, 2017

A business contact booked this hotel for me, and when I read some of the reviews on other sites I was a little apprehensive.

I need not have worried, the hotel is just fine and a good base for Muscat, so long as you keep a few watch-outs in mind.

First of all, the hotel itself is clean and functional, if a little dated. It looks as if it was built in the 1970s and hasn't changed much since then. The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. I found the staff friendly and helpful.

The breakfast downstairs is basic, if you want a chef with a white hat preparing your freshly cooked eggs in front of you, you need to book yourself across the street in the Hyatt.

Speaking of the Hyatt, the hotel sells Hyatt pool vouchers, which means you could benefit from the facilities of a five star hotel while paying three star hotel room prices.

However, and this is one watch out, based on some of the reviews the vouchers aren't sold at extra busy times (e.g. around Christmas).

The second watch-out is that Muscat's Irish Pub is in the building. Even during the week it was filled with a mix of boisterous expats and Omanis, so I imagine at weekends (and the Arabic weekend starts Thursday evening) it is loud. Make sure you don't get a room on the 1st floor as a result.

However, the food at the Irish pub is very good. The hotel is also only a 2 minutes walk from the beach, and a five minute walk to some pretty decent cafes - I recommend giving Nana's on Shatti Beach a try.

Room Tip: Choose a 2nd or 3rd floor room so you are not above the Irish Pub
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Dirk S
Reviewed November 18, 2016

The location is just great. The hotel is just behind the Grand Hyatt, just 50 meters or so from the beach (Shatti Al Qurum Beach) where you can sunbathe, swim, or take walks in the afternoon or evening time. Apart from this, I found the room clean, the bed comfortable and the staff quite helpful.

My only remark is regarding the noise coming from the Irish Pub which is in the same building. I got a room that was just above it and I had to put up with their karaoke night until 01.30! Music is played only Thursday and Friday nights apparently, but still...

Room Tip: Choose a room as far from the Irish Pub below as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business