1,172 results
All reviews palm grove al maha industrial area construction site nice pool junior suite public beach comfortable rooms public areas sea view breakfast and dinner relaxing holiday special thanks beach front the crowne plaza visit salalah beach restaurant
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

When I planned a surprise birthday dinner for my wife, the only name which came to my mind was Hilton Salalah , I have heard by my friends about this before.

I contacted them and got the best response and suggestions so that I can make it more memorable to my wife.

I should mention that I had the best food over there , thanks to Mr.Jawahar.

We loved the grilled mutton which was awesome, I requested Mr.Jawahar for veg and non veg combination and he made it perfect blend.

I have recommended him to my friends as well, and my future occasions will be in Hilton Salalah , thank you so much for the service.

This is my first review writing about any hotel, kindly ignore my mistakes.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank karthikrameshgowda
haitham_elbehairy, Operations Manager at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2018

Dear karthikrameshgowda,

I was delighted to receive your comments regarding the service and hospitality provided by our team members.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us. It is only through your valuable comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for you our valued guests. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and share the good feelings you have experienced.

Such encouraging comments are very rewarding for our people, thank you once again for taking the time to write and applaud the hotel team’s efficiency.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. We are looking forward to welcoming you once more to Hilton Salalah Resort and any of our Hilton worldwide Hotels in the near future.

Reviewed November 4, 2018

Stayed there for 3 days during my Oman trip and I particularly chose Hilton due to HHonors membership. The staffs were nice and polite during check-in. Breakfast was also quite rich of option, but I didn't particularly like the old and tired room. They might need some renovation soon.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Just finished a 4 night stay with the family on a Omani holiday. Had never been to the south of the country before and wanted to experience something different before heading to Muscat. There are some excellent land marks/tourist spots in the area within 45 minutes drive of the hotel.
As a Hilton honours gold member there were some excellent redemption rates available at this hotel.
The previous reviews of the hotel were pretty much correct, in that it’s starting to show its age. We found out that there had been a “new wing” refurbished recently, but our room was in the old wing. The rooms were huge, clean and comfortable, but slightly out of date. Same could be said for the outdoor pool and beach/bar area.
Where this hotel redeems itself is in the excellent service we received, from front desk, to restaurant, to bar and pool. To be honest, the food was excellent as well and the buffet dinners were great value for money.
A special mention to Praveen (brilliant Maitre D’) in the restaurant as well as Fatu and her colleagues, whose professionalism and friendly and personal approach, led to very enjoyable mealtimes.
All in all, a really enjoyable experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
haitham_elbehairy, Operations Manager at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear Jono S,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay in our Hilton Salalah Resort for your recent stay.

I was delighted to receive your comments regarding the service and facilities provided by our hotel. I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us. It is only through your valuable comments that we can continue to improve our products and services for you our valued guest. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team and share the good feelings you have experienced.

Please note that I have also discussed with the Departmental Managers concerned your observations and remarks, and assure you that action will be taken to correct these points.

Please accept our thanks for taking the time to bring your positive and constructive comments to our attention.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon, till then, we wish u all the best.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

Located just to the west of Salalah, the Hilton is one of the more popular established hotels in the city. Popular with both tourists and business guests I have been a fairly regular user since 2008 with probably between three and four months of regular stay behind me.

The reception lobby makes an appealing entrance without the ostentatious displays seen in comparable Muscat hotels. Reception is swift, and from there it's off the room in one of the two wings. The hotel has just four floors, and with two sets of lifts in each wing, it doesn't take too long to get around. Recent criticisms of tiredness need to be addressed here and now. Much investment has been completed, the west wing has been fully refurbished and work on the east wing will start soon. For this stay, I was in the east wing.

My room was a good size and well appointed. Large, comfortable bed, lots of wardrobe space and drawers storage, comfortable arm chair and settee, plus a coffee table and desk. With ironing board, TV, safe and all the other usual features, the room provided a comfortable home for a stay of just under three weeks. The bathroom was again well appointed with a good shower and always clean, but is the most obvious feature in need of renovation.

The hotel has a host of features. A good sized gym, but the equipment is a bit tired; the rowing machine has lost the monitor display and it could do with some decent exercise bikes. Outside, two full-sized tennis courts prove popular. There is also a health spa facility attached to the gym. An extremely well stocked shop, plus a more traditional souvenir shop, cover off most essential needs. Great cake shop adjacent to a comfortable lounge; a bar / night-club which can get a little boisterous on a weekend, but nothing the security will allow to develop. Unlike some of the Muscat hotels, it's free of preying ladies looking for business.

Breakfast is from 06:30, ideal for those on business or early risers. It's wonderfully stocked, with omelettes and waffles cooked to order. It never feels particularly crowded as the diversity of guests have a different pace to their daily routine. You can sit outside, but you might want to consider this carefully; it soon gets very hot, smokers dominate (yuk) and the ever-alert jackdaws will be on your table in a heartbeat if left unattended.

One feature I've always liked about the Hilton has been the lawns out the back and the pool area. The pool is a decent size with water slide, plus a small padding pool. Sun loungers abound, and the ever attentive staff are always on hand to assist. If you don't want to be by the pool, the lawns extend around into an area that is always much quieter and free of smokers. Again, watch out for the alert jackdaws, as sunglasses and even watches will quickly be taken to adorn their nests! I've always managed to blank out the harbour a few miles away and never let it ruin my views, although it seems more difficult for other reviewers to do so. Sadly, planning permission was granted for a monolithic complex to be constructed right up against the Hilton on the east side; it truly dominates, although construction has slowed to a snail's pace and I'm not sure it will ever be completed! Bear in mind when booking not to ask for a room facing east as you will have no view at all due to this construction.

Outside is the Palm Grove bar, excellent for coffees and drinks during licensed hours, and the restaurant (reviewed separately), that serves a lunch menu, either pool-side or seated, and an evening sit-down menu. It also hosted a sit down meal for a group of eighteen for us, a truly excellent occasion, and by pre-ordering from the menu, well organised and nicely prepared courses without anyone having to wait.

The hotel is smaller than some of the alternatives, but that gives it a more friendly atmosphere. I have always found the staff the be excellent, friendly and professional, while the management are always on-hand for any issues.

In sum, the Salalah Hilton really is one of my favourite hotels, and I already look forward to my next stay.

Dear TheAviator0765,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay in our resort for your recent stay.

Please note that I have also discussed with the Departmental Managers concerned your observations and remarks regarding our gym, and assure you that action will be taken to correct these points.

Please accept our thanks for taking the time to advise us of your positive and constructive comments.

We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton. We are looking forward to welcoming you very soon, till then, we wish u all the best.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

The Hilton hotel was a nice retreat in Salalah. It is a little out of the center of town and you would need a car if you are traveling around Salalah, With that said, the hotel is a relaxing environment. The new rooms are very nice and updated. The pool area is very nice. Towels are very provided and there is a bar you can order drinks/food from (drinks aren't available a few hours a day due to Oman law).
The front desk staff were wonderful. Helen was particularly helpful as our group checked in and checked out a few times due to our travel schedule. They were very accommodating and even allowed us to leave our luggage there while we went to the Empty Quarter.
The only downside to the hotel was the gym. While it had a lot of equipment, most of it was very outdated. I was still able to get a great workout in, but had to adjust accordingly with the broken/dated equipment.
As I said, this hotel had great staff, great room and pool area. I would recommend staying there when you were in Salalah.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
haitham_elbehairy, Operations Manager at Hilton Salalah, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear tekyle,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Salalah Resort and for taking the time to write to us.
We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I was delighted to receive your positive score and your positive comments regarding our staff and facilities in our resort. I will definitely share it with our team members.
Please accept my most sincere apology for the inconvenience which occurred during your stay regarding the gym equipment. Please note that I have also discussed with the Departmental Managers concerned your observations and remarks and assure you that action will be taken to correct this point.

Please accept our thanks for taking the time to advise us of your comments. We place great value on your custom, and your continued relationship with Hilton.