“The perfect ending”

Yamal Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 76 Restaurants in Salalah
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Because of our overbooked flight back home we had to stay longer and came to the Salalah gardens hotel which is connected with the yamal seafood restaurant. We gained minimum five kilograms extra weight each of us. ;D especially the dessert with all the chocolate cakes and creams but also the fish and salads indescribable tasty. Service was excellent and Brij our waiter was super friendly and obliging. Thank you very much. We are excited to go there for dinner tomorrow and every time we will get the chance to gain another 5 kilo :D

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Staying at the local hotel, Yamal was my local dining hang out..
Spicing and flavour of the food was exceptional as was the choice.
An indoor or outside option under night sky with 'Irish music' during my stay. My only regret is that I did not have enough nights to try the entire menu.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

We went on a Friday night. My boyfriend had the bbq buffet while I ordered from the menu. Both meals were satisfactory and I really enjoyed the spring rolls. The lemon mint drink was also tasty.

Reviewed 13 February 2015

I have eaten at Yamal 3 or 4 times now and have never been disappointed. The food and service are consistently good. They bring complimentary bread at the start and it comes with the most delicious garlic mayonnaise and a fantastic spicy green chilli dip. The food is excellent and really nicely presented. Have tried several of their fish platters and all have been very good. The only criticism I would give is that the last time I was there we drank fresh lime sodas and wanted to order additional ones, at which point we were told they were out of soda water! This seemed entirely ridiculous. How can stock control be so poor as to run out of a canned drink? I honestly would have expected them to go purchase some from Carrefour rather than say they'd run out of something so basic!! It wont prevent me going back though - I just hope someone reads this and exercises some common sense in future! One other observation is that it always seems to be close to empty when I've visited. This worries me and I hope the restaurant can be sustained. People really should support it - it's very good!!

Reviewed 9 September 2014

It is fantastic that Salalah finally has a decent restaurant to add to its repertoire. We tried out the Yamal Seafood restaurant for a celebratory evening and it did not disappoint. The service was fantastic - the staff have clearly been well trained, and the food exceeded our expectations and was beautifully presented (a rarity here!). The restaurant itself is also very nicely designed and they have avoided the ugly 'family' sections so popular here. Instead they have some clever interior design details that look stylish but create some subtle screening from other diners. Would highly recommend. It's not cheap but for what you get I think it represents good value. It is way better and more reasonable than any of the hotel restaurants I have tried in the area.