“Nice place with beautiful garden”
Review of Pension Topas

and 1 more site!
Pension Topas
Ranked #18 of 29 Boquete B&B and Inns
Switzerland
“Nice place with beautiful garden”
Reviewed 18 March 2010

We stayed here for a week. They have a really nice garden. A good place to relax. The rooms a located in houses in the garden, not very modern, but clean and for the price just perfect value. You can have a really good breakfast in the morning for $6.-. The owner is german.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 December 2009

Agree with what two reviewers below state.
To add a little more- breakfast was $6 and included a boiled egg, some fruit, ham/cheese, butter, toast.
In a quiet area, about 10 minute close, safe walk to stores in town.
Does have a swimming pool we didn't try. A cool toucan there to take pictures and interact with.
I was part of a tour so not sure what the price was and cannot compare with other places in Boquete.
I set up the wireless router for the owner so you will now have WiFi free.
I would have liked to have had screens on the window and it would have been a comfortable nights sleep with the windows open. No screens so we were wary of mosquitos and kept them closed and it was warm.

• Stayed December 2009
Huntington Beach
Reviewed 14 October 2009

What you would expect from a pension. The rooms are more like summer cabins. The grounds are peaceful and quiet. Bring your own towels!! The owner will arrange breakfast for you if you choose.

• Stayed January 2008
Houston
Reviewed 4 March 2009

My wife and I stayed in the room with a private bath and we liked it. It was basic and nothing fancy but it was clean and everything worked. The owner is very to the point but very helpful. He gave us some advice as to where to go to rent a scooter for the day and flagged down the bus that goes to David. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Mt wife and I stayed at this pension for two nights and found the rooms to clean, the grounds nice and the only swimming pool in Boquete. We paid 32 dollars a night and found the price to be good for that area. There was no smell of mold or anything wrong with the rooms. We heard no complaints from the other guests about anything and would recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed January 2009
2 Thank burwof
san antonio, texas
Reviewed 17 August 2008

The Pension Topas was the dirtiest place I have ever stayed. I was in the charming town of Boquete and needed a place to stay for the night. I read my guide book and thought that the Pension Topas would be a good place to stay. When I arrived the room was still not ready so I was asked to come back later. Upon my arrival all appeared well. Once the sun went down is when the filth was discovered. There were cobbwebs on the wall. Insects were flying and crawling throughout the room. The room smelled like an old cigarette ashtray and a cheap bar. The "clean sheets" smelled as if they had not been changed in a seriously long time. I had to wrap a t-shirt around my pillow to try to take away the horrible odor of the sheets. (I ended up throwing the t-shirt away because of the nauseous stench that was impregnated onto it). I could not sleep and the day did not break soon enough.

The room was $32. Since the facade is deceptive, it looks quite charming, I thought that it was a good price. Boy was I deceived. I would have rather slept in the car to save money or paid a higher price for a decent place to sleep. DONT STAY HERE.

• Liked — The garden is cute
  • Disliked — filthy rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank GarciaSanAntonio

Travellers are raving about these Boquete hotels