“Pure peace, relaxation, and rest at Contadora Inn”

Contadora Island Inn
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I would rate Contadora Island Inn a definite #1 in guest services...Everything from the email reservation I made to the personal guided tour of the island via golf cart made the 3 days, 2 nights stay perfect for me. The hotel is a house in a forest and upon entering you are in the dining area and open kitchen which lead down to a living area with giant TV for movies and a beautiful shady back deck. All of the rooms open to this main common area and are generally very peaceful with just the sounds of the birds and raindrops from the trees. The breakfast is made for you when you request it with fresh fruit, eggs, and toast - yum! Anytime I wanted to go anywhere, I was able to get a golf cart ride either from Tony or just by walking down the road and being offered one. I was travelling by myself on the island and so Tony made great efforts to ensure I was well taken care of and showed me around to the different restaurants, beaches, and dive shop where I was diving. Thanks Tony!!!

I stayed in Coiba which had 2 twin beds, a stocked refrigerator with water, beer, wine, and snacks to purchase, a private bath and a private entrance to a side deck with A/C. I paid 70usd/night, which was the least expensive I could find on the island, but for that price I have to say, I expected something a bit more from the actual accommodations...the guest services made up for it though.

This is a lovely island to debrief and enjoy exploring all based from the Contadora Island Inn!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2012

we traveled to contradora island without reservations for the night and found it a little difficult to find a place as it is a bit of a walk uphill to the bb hotels as we were walking the owner of contadora inn pulled over her van and offered us a ride to another bb as hers was booked for that night we did stay the next two nights and enjoyed our stay as our host was very helpful with suggestions for beaches, dinning and departure info

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed at Contadora Island Inn with a friend in June 2012. I am Panamanian but had never been to Contadora Island before. My friend was from UK and wanted to visit and I heard only lovely things about this Inn so I decided to book right away. It's a B&B Hotel but each room has a bathroom/AC and you share the kitchen and living room areas. The breakfast was AMAZING, including pancakes, eggs, fresh tropical fruit, juice and coffee. I emailed the owner asking for information about snorkeling and she answered right away. The manager met us at the Ferry Arrival beach and had already hooked us up with a snorkeling tour, so we hoped off the Ferry and into the Pearl Islands tour. Golf carts are available for rent at the hotel and Villa Romantica's restaurant is walking distance. I really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Island.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Colibri room, it has two separate twin beds.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank moonawaii
Reviewed 3 June 2012

my girlfriend and I were at contadorra island inn for 4 or 5 nights in early december 2011. we didnt know what to expect when arriving on contadorra as it was a bit of a last minute decision to go. we were met off the tiny plane by Tony and given a tour in the golf buggy. he is an excellent host/guide! he was funny, informative and very personable. like previous reviewers state, he knows everybody and whats more he seemed to be extremely well liked and respected by all the people we came across on the island. the property is very nice, as were the rooms, we were in two different ones during our stay due to guests who had booked before us.
In short, the island is a nice place to come for a few days and Tony made our whole stay very enjoyable. My girlfriend and I would love too go back and stay at contadorra island inn again someday soon.............I hope you'll still be there Tony!
Take care!
Alex and Caroline

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yelwac
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I would absolutely agree with the reviewer who said Tony is practically the mayor of Contadora! I think he knows everyone!

We had nothing but a great experience at Contadora Island Inn. We felt taken care of from the moment we arrived. Tony (CII manager) picked us up from the airport in a golf cart and gave us a wonderful tour around the island. I think we might have stopped and chatted to every single person we passed while in the golf cart with Tony - he knows everyone!

CII in a well-kept b&b. The breakfast in the morning is delicious! A huge plate of fresh fruit and something different each day: eggs, toast, pancakes, etc. The common area has more than you could want - couches, table, TV, wii, games, books, movies, etc. (though why would you want this when you have a beautiful island to explore?!?)

We rented a golf cart from CII for a day and that was lovely! Our flight was delayed on the day we left (we were also catching an international flight that day!) so Tony jumped on his phone and arranged a taxi driver to meet us at the Albrook airport to take us straight to the intl airport. This is just one example of how he went above and beyond to make our stay on Contadora one to remember.

Tony also is full of stories and loves to tell them. (:

I would disagree with the comments about the place being noisy. We stayed in one of the rooms closest to the kitchen and hardly heard anything. Plus, they are cooking you a fresh breakfast in a house! I'm not sure about y'all, but I don't think I've been able to make a mean involving pots and pans in silence! Also, regarding the comment wishing there was more variety...we though the variety was wonderful! Again, this isn't a chain hotel with a buffet line. It's a quaint b&b with a homemade breakfast each morning! How can you complain about that?!

Overall, this place is wonderful. Thank you Tony for making this experience so memorable!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The Contadora Island Inn was a fabulous base for all of our adventures on the island. Melinda was a wonderful hostess and we loved our room. We rented a golf cart from the Inn – a Must!—and cruised in high, island style to sunning, snorkeling, dining and exploring the sites. From breakfast to restful end-of-day relaxing in the evening breeze on the Inn’s deck, every day was a delight.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This is a very charming B&B on a beautiful island. Two college buddies and I spent a few days on Contadora as part of a guy's weekend in Panama. Tony our host was gracious, easy going and extremely helpful. It was off season and he upgraded us with an extra room for free. He also arranged a last minute snorkeling outing with one of the island's guides and generally ensured that our needs were being met. The service is spare but the rooms are clean, inviting and comfortable. The living room/dining room/kitchen have everything you need to make it feel like home. For anyone looking for a nice alternative to the hotels on Contadora, you won't find better on the island.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
#6 of 10 in Contadora Island
Casa del Sol
Casa del Sol
#5 of 10 in Contadora Island

Been to Contadora Island Inn? Share your experiences!