Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tropic star fish tuna black marlin panama city bucket list top notch first class my son world class caught marlin two days jurassic park the past years magical place couple of days hot coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2021 via mobile

From Richard, the best fishing director of all time, to each and every one of the Tropic Star staff, captains, and mates. They all do anything and everything it takes to make your your fishing dreams come true, and your trip to Tropic Star one of a lifetime! The accommodations, the food, and service are all incredible and first class!
Richard asks when you arrive what you want to accomplish while you’re at the lodge as he will help you check off as many boxes in your bucket list as he can.
In our case, like everyone, we wanted to catch fish and lots of them! And we did. Massive Dorado, a monster Cubera, and many Sailfish!
However, my dream was for my boys to experience a Black Marlin. But, five full days of fishing and not a single Marlin bite.
Richard, rather than trying to console and explain that it’s just part of fishing, came up with a plan. We split up into 2 boats each with two fisherman. Not only did we double our odds, but we also had the pleasure of having Hannes Ribbner, the world’s best professional photographer on one of our boats! Not an hour went by with baits in the water on our last day, and my son hooked up with Her Majesty!
A beautiful 12 foot, 500 lb black marlin!!!
To see my boys watch in disbelief as she rose from the depths, jumping completely out of the water and showing us all her glory instantly made my dream come true! She was absolutely awesome!!
Not only did my dream come true, but Hannes captured it forever in a perspective that a fisherman rarely, if ever, has seen before! Check out the website as that pic is front and center for all to enjoy!
I hope you enjoy Tropic Star as much as we did!
And, forget the trip of a lifetime, we are going back
to do it again!!

Tom M.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2021

Dear tmagardino,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review of Tropic Star Lodge and leave such kind words of our staff. Tropic Star is very fortunate to have a team that is extremely passionate about what they do and it is great that you got to see that come through. We want to make your fishing dreams come true just as much as you want to achieve them. We can’t wait to see you back here again soon! Congrats again to your son on that spectacular Black Marlin! Hannes does some incredible work and we're so happy that the memories has the photos to match.

All the best wishes,

Reviewed January 23, 2021 via mobile

I have traveled fishing the world and Tropic Star Lodge is one of the finest lodges I have had the great opportunity to visit. The Lodge staff from the time you step onto the pier immediately make you feel as though you are family. The captains are the best in the business of off-shore fishing. You will not be disappointed. While the fishing is incredible, marlin galore and a diversity like none other, the food and an accommodations just top it all off!!! Made to order breakfasts, a huge assortment of lunch options and gourmet dinners that delight. Did I mention the yummy spicy fried chicken they offer for lunch? Or the TSL tradition of Baked Alaska....mmm so good. After a fun day of fishing, Richard and Marvin, the bartenders, learned “my drink” and greeted me with it every day after fishing with yummy apps and a cold towel. Afterwards, the gorgeous jungle surrounded pool and day spa (I had the hot stone massage ) were great ways to end the day with a delicious cocktail in hand. Five Stars for sure!!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2021

Dear mmonthefly,

Thank you for the time and your thoughtful review of your visit to Tropic Star Lodge. We’re so glad you felt like family because, well, you are! We appreciate you mentioning our delicious food, accommodations, facilities, staff and crew, and of course the fishing. We very much look forward to your next visit!

All the best,

Reviewed January 6, 2021

There are thousands of places to fish in the World, but there is no place like Tropic Star Lodge. If you want 5 star service and accommodations, then Tropic Star is your spot. The staff treat you like family. I'd go there even if I hated fishing. But, I love fishing. And, for those who love to fish, the fish are as accommodating as the staff (Blues,Blacks, monster Tuna, Monster Roosters, Monster Dolphin, Sails, Cubera). My son and I abandoned a tuna and black marlin bite just to rest up with some inshore fishing and spent the day catching two 50+ pound rooster fish, a 40+ pound Cubera and more Pompano than I could count -- on spinners and bait casters. INSANE. No rest for the wary I guess. Let me put it this way, catching bait is better fishing than most people experience in their entire lives. . If you don't want to become addicted to fishing, you need to avoid this place. Do yourself a favor and narrow your bucket list down to this one spot -- it has it all.

P.S. these guys and gals are super COVID aware and conscientious. For them, your health, well being and peace of mind are second only to your fun and happiness -- as it should be.

Date of stay: December 2020
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2021

Dear bvergnolle,

It makes us so happy to know that you feel the same way about Tropic Star Lodge as we do. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and we really appreciate you mentioning our staff and accommodations as we’re very proud of the service we provide as well as the upgrades made to our rooms over the past years. We’re in the business on fulfilling bucket lists! We’re fortunate the Lodge is at the doorstep to such a diverse fishery. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Best wishes,

Reviewed December 4, 2020

This place is absolutely amazing. Richard & Malory run a top-notch operation from the time you step foot onto the property until you depart. They made a point to make our two boys (8&9 yrs old) feel welcome and they were entertained at all times. They went kayaking, night fishing, swimming, fishing from pangas, a trip over to a secluded beach, etc...

Now to the best part... the fishing... We fished on "Skandia" which is an updated late 60's/early 70's 34' Bertram. We caught 2 for 3 Blue Marlin 300+lbs, 5 Sailfish 100+lbs, 2 Yellowfin Tuna (one was 174 lbs.), 1 Almaco Jack, 6 Mahi-mahi (one 70lbs) & 1 Bluefin Trevally. That is 3 great days of fishing! Cheers to our captain Jose & mate Eladio which made this fishing trip a special memory that we will never forget. Also, if you have the chance to book Hannes Ribbner (a professional photographer from Sweden who specializes in shots for magazines like Marlin Mag) do so. He got some awesome pics of my wife's first Blue Marlin & a number of other great shots for our family.

We stayed in one of the upgraded villas and it was updated & very comfortable for a family. The food & staff were excellent in every way. You just can't beat the 5:30am wakeup call in your room with hot coffee being delivered and hot chocolate for our two boys. Again, I can't say enough good comments about Tropic Star Lodge! They are GREAT!!

Room tip: Upgraded Villas were great. Highly recommend.
Date of stay: November 2020
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2020

Dear wferg54,

We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your fishing adventure with your family at Tropic Star Lodge. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and highlights from your stay. We love having families here and sharing in the excitement and thrill of your family’s catches and making memories is what fishing and Tropic Star is all about. Congratulations again on all those special catches and releases!

Thank you for your positive comments about our accommodation, food, and staff. Can’t really beat the wakeup call service in the morning! It was such a fun week for us and we very much look forward to having you back soon for some amazing fishing fun!

All the best,
Mallory and Richard

Reviewed December 4, 2020

Having grown up in the Canal Zone from 1962 to 1974 this was a bucket list adventure. Tropic Star Lodge and the people that make it all happen is a lifetime adventure!!! I cannot think of another place in the world that can beat this place in it's uniqueness. Truly amazing. The Lodge, Boats, Tackle, etc... are beyond exceptional, but it is the STAFF that really sets them apart from others.

Room tip: I would work with the staff to determine what would be best for your group.
Date of stay: November 2020

Dear 813vang,

Thank you very much for your review of Tropic Star Lodge and for joining us for an adventure of a lifetime! We agree that there’s not a place in the world quite like us! We take pride in our fleet of Bertrams and quality tackle so thank you for mentioning that as well as our passionate staff. We hope to see you back soon.

All the best wishes,