Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tropic star fish tuna black marlin panama city bucket list top notch first class my son world class caught marlin two days jurassic park the past years magical place couple of days hot coffee
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2021

I had the pleasure of fishing at the lodge for the fist time in May 2021. The level of service by the entire staff is amazing. It truly is the entire staff that is amazing, from Eddie the van driver, to Paterson the greatest customer satisfaction specialist i’ve ever experienced, to Richard the fishing director and manager. A truly great experience and I am looking forward to a return trip or two in the next 12 months.

Date of stay: May 2021
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2021

Dear hooknbullet2,

Thank you for coming to visit us and for taking the time to leave your review of your fishing vacation this past May. We take pride in our service orientated staff and very happy to know that your experience with us was just as it should be –amazing. Congratulations on your fishing as well! We look forward to seeing back here soon!

All the best,
Richard and Mallory White

Reviewed May 25, 2021 via mobile

Tropic Star is a trio of a lifetime! It was my second time and I can’t wait for my third. The travel plans and logistics were white glove in and out- the staff are the best team at any resort I’ve ever been to and the fishing/ well it’s catching! We caught 7 species of fish in 2.5 days. Our hearts are full- thank you TSL team

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Ursula Marais, Owner at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2021

Dear LeilaWP
Thank you so much for your five-star review. We aim to give all our guests the best service possible and happy that you had a great time and good fishing as well! We look forward to your third visit to the lodge!
Best Regards from Ursula Marais and the Team

Reviewed April 22, 2021

Tropic star lodge is absolutely incredible! I thoroughly enjoyed the week I was able to spend there. The staff, location, fishing, lodge, etc was terrific and I would love to visit again!! Excellent trip

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2021

Dear Hollybrunt30,

Thank you for your excellent review of Tropic Star Lodge. We’re so happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really hope to see you in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 3, 2021

Just wanted to take a minute to pass on my thanks for an absolutely fantastic trip last week!! My nephew and I had the trip of a lifetime. I can not think of anything that could have been better. The Attention to Detail displayed by the entire staff was impeccable. Everything from the service, to the food, not to mention the fishing was Top Notch! Hayden, Richard and the team at the lodge treated us like kings the entire trip. Our crew of Mario and Eli were exceptional as well putting us on fish and managing the boat to get us in position to cast (No small task with my casting skill) was unbelievable. Also, I wanted to call out your driver Eddie. A finer tour guide, I have never met!! We felt like family during the time we spent with him. He practically read my mind in taking me to the sites I wanted to see. His local knowledge of History etc. led to some really great conversation and much learning for us.

I am already planning my next trip to TSL and plan to make it at least a yearly event!

Date of stay: March 2021
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2021

Dear 62edwardo,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of your recent trip to Tropic Star Lodge. We’re happy to know that the service on land and on the water was Top Notch and you were treated as you should –as kings! Eddie is one of a kind and we’ll certainly pass along the compliments. We can’t wait to see you back for your next fishing adventure soon, after all, you’re now part of the family.

All the best wishes,

Reviewed February 13, 2021 via mobile

From Richard, the best fishing director of all time, to each and every one of the Tropic Star staff, captains, and mates. They all do anything and everything it takes to make your your fishing dreams come true, and your trip to Tropic Star one of a lifetime! The accommodations, the food, and service are all incredible and first class!
Richard asks when you arrive what you want to accomplish while you’re at the lodge as he will help you check off as many boxes in your bucket list as he can.
In our case, like everyone, we wanted to catch fish and lots of them! And we did. Massive Dorado, a monster Cubera, and many Sailfish!
However, my dream was for my boys to experience a Black Marlin. But, five full days of fishing and not a single Marlin bite.
Richard, rather than trying to console and explain that it’s just part of fishing, came up with a plan. We split up into 2 boats each with two fisherman. Not only did we double our odds, but we also had the pleasure of having Hannes Ribbner, the world’s best professional photographer on one of our boats! Not an hour went by with baits in the water on our last day, and my son hooked up with Her Majesty!
A beautiful 12 foot, 500 lb black marlin!!!
To see my boys watch in disbelief as she rose from the depths, jumping completely out of the water and showing us all her glory instantly made my dream come true! She was absolutely awesome!!
Not only did my dream come true, but Hannes captured it forever in a perspective that a fisherman rarely, if ever, has seen before! Check out the website as that pic is front and center for all to enjoy!
I hope you enjoy Tropic Star as much as we did!
And, forget the trip of a lifetime, we are going back
to do it again!!

Tom M.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Mallory White, Guest Services / Front Office at Tropic Star Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2021

Dear tmagardino,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review of Tropic Star Lodge and leave such kind words of our staff. Tropic Star is very fortunate to have a team that is extremely passionate about what they do and it is great that you got to see that come through. We want to make your fishing dreams come true just as much as you want to achieve them. We can’t wait to see you back here again soon! Congrats again to your son on that spectacular Black Marlin! Hannes does some incredible work and we're so happy that the memories has the photos to match.

All the best wishes,