See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 7, 2017

I expected a lot more from this so called "business hotel". Not only was the water freezing cold at 6am un the mourning, but the staff tried to hide the problem. The room had a window facing a closed corridor, meaning it was pitch dark unless the lights we're turned on. Not worth the price, it's more like a motel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Administración S, Director de Recepción at Hotel Solec, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your personal experience with some other Tripadvisor’s users.

We are very sorry if your stay was not hundred percent satisfactory, let me answer your comments:

The day ,we stayed in our hotel, Unfortunately we had a problem with the hot water . The same day we solved it so that there were no more problems.

With regard to the corridor lights, We have motion sensors, When a person enters automatically turn on and off after 10 seconds. We are sorry that it has bothered you.

Once again, I thank you for letting us know about your impressions and, sincerely, I hope you will give us a new opportunity to attend to it.

Cordially,

Reviewed October 31, 2017

My stay in Solec was great. I spent two nights in there, and I totally recommend it.
The room I stayed in was comfortable and clean, the neighborhood is quiet and a very complete breakfast was included.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Administración S, Director de Recepción at Hotel Solec, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you very much for such a good feedback.

Your complete review about our facilities, location and services will certainly help many future guests to make the right decision when booking their hotel for their stay in our city.

We're really happy you found our hotel nearly perfect and that we helped make your stay in Chiclayo a memorable one.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 30, 2017

Hotel looked good on Booking.com, made reservation, reservation was confirmed. A few hours before arrival hotel calls, says they had a computer failure, and couldn't honor the reservation, having taken an alternative, later reservation. "Helped" us by providing reservation at alternative place, supposed with same qualities, same owner (apparently none of which was true). Alternate place had tiny rooms, no windows, less-than-minimal amenities, poor location in many ways. Looks like a clear bait-and-switch situation. Incidently, we are now listed as a "no-show" at Solec and Booking.com. Tried to get through to anything approximating Customer Service at Booking.com, no luck. From reviews I've read of Booking.com, having a black mark there could only be to our favor, they are a disaster as well. I wouldn't trust the hotel or Booking.com -- nevermore.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
PaolaParraguez, Director de Recepción at Hotel Solec, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear ,
I would like to sincerely apologize for your poor experience at our hotel. We appreciate your sincere feedback and will be using it to foster improvement for future guest experiences. T
hank you for your time in reviewing our hotel, we hope to host you again soon!

Regards,
Paola Parraguez

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is not located downtown Chiclayo, which considering how noisy and busy the city is may be an advantage. Breakfast is nice with plenty of fruit, eggs, juice and the basics. Attentive staff and great jazz playing in the lobby.
What can ( and should ) be better: internet conection was barely existent in the room. Considering the number of people I saw working in the lounge area, I assume this was not a problem in my room only. Does not make sense for a "business" hotel. Shower had no doors or curtains and every shower meant a flooded floor. Disgusting. Hot water and great water pressure though. And last, but not least...no hair dryer in the room. I was lucky enough to get it at the reception the first night but second day I was told it broke and it seems it was the only one for all guests. Not very happy with that either.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank AlineRiodeJaneiro

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor. We love to hear from our guests, when they have had a good experience at our hotel. More important to me, though, is hearing from our guests when they don't. We always strive for the perfect stay, and it disappoints when we don't manage that.

I would like to sincerely apologize for your poor experience at our hotel due to a lack in customer service. We appreciate your sincere feedback and will be using it to foster improvement for future guest experiences. Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel, we hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Clean facilities, good staff, small breakfast buffet. They gave us two rooms instead of the original one due to unavailability which was a good and unusual compensation. They also gave us a free early check in which was great.

They didn't reply to my original question online about the availability for a paid early check in. Additionally they called me twice to confirm the reserve which I think is unnecessary. Booking reservation should be enough. Breakfast could be bigger.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
PaolaParraguez, Director de Recepción at Hotel Solec, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Dear franco,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We’re delighted to know you thought our Hotel was beautiful and can’t thank you enough for making a special point of acknowledging our team members, who are truly passionate about serving others. Thank you again and we hope to see you back on-site soon.

Kind regards,