Hotel Hacienda Plaza de Armas
Hotels.com
US$60
US$41
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main squaregreat locationplaza de armasnice roomroom facingone nightcomfortable bedsbig bathroomhot waterhotel is cleana great stayrestaurants and shopsrecommend this hotelenjoyed our staywalking distancetwo nightscoca tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

On the + side: Best shower I have had in South America, nice room, safe and hair dryer, courteous staff, good breakfast. Excellent location
On the - side: Wi-Fi bad, even in reception. Building work on going on 6th floor. Very noisy. 9am checkout! (Very unusual...)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank aranhelena
Manuel P, Product Manager at Hotel Hacienda Plaza de Armas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear guest

I regret that you have not had a perfect stay at our hotel, we will take your comments into account to improve our service.

I hope you give us a new opportunity and come back soon!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We stayed at the hotel 31 Dec 17 for three nights. Very helpful staff, and spoke reasonable English. The hotel is in a colonial type style. The location is on the main Square and could not be better, Good location for shops/restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Best rooms are at the front
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rnightingall

Dear guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel Hacienda Plaza, me and my team are very happy that they had a great stay

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Staff couldn't be more helpful, always very courteous and eager to help.
Our first room was a little dark, facing back of the hotel but very spacious and clean.
It was a bonus on our second visit to get a room facing Plaza de Armas.
Location of the hotel was perfect, very central.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel offers the best views
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about our hotel Hacienda Plaza, me and my team are very happy that you had a great stay

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a package with Peregrine tours for one night on route to the floating islands.

We were given a lovely king balcony room overlooking the plaza.

The room was big and so was the bathroom. Everything was tidy and clean and in working order. The safe is half size in case you need to put in a laptop or something bigger.

There isn’t a kettle in the room but there is hot water downstairs in the lobby as well as coca tea.

The wall gas heater didn’t work in our room but they brought up a portable one with no issues.

There is a chipped glass plate on one of the bedside tables. A bit of a hazard - let’s hope they see this and fix it.

I had one issues myself- there street noise was a bit of a nuisance but luckily I had ear plugs with me. You can hear cars and honking even after midnight which is when I decided to get up and put the ear plugs in. After that, I was asleep like a baby. But that’s definitely very subjective. My husband slept like a log the whole night apparently.

We had a spa jacuzzi in our room too which was nice. The only thing was that our exhaust window lead into another bathroom exhaust so you can actually hear everything going on next door. Clear conversations included. We opted to close the glass panels and shut the bathroom door at night or else I think it could’ve been noisy - I believe there was a child next door too.

Reception were also helpful when breaking large notes. They were always very friendly and kind.

Location is central and an easy walk to dining locations, shops and Puno pier if you plan to visit the floating islands one day. It’s a pretty flat town so walking isn’t an issue. Just wear enclosed shoes as rain can come any moment and some steps are uneven and slippery. Rain is not uncommon so bring a rain jacket too!

Oxygen is available for those who need it.

There is a lovely stairwell in the middle but the lifts work too for those who cannot club stairs.

Wifi worked at times in the rooms. Not an issue for us though.

Breakfast is serviced on ground level. It starts at 6am. A nice simple arrangement, adequate for my husband and I for an early start anyway.

Would recommend to fellow travellers!

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Justine G

Dear guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed comment, we will take into account all your comments in order to improve our service. Indeed, our hotel is the only one in the main square with a view of the cathedral. We appreciate you recommending our hotel to new travelers.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

I got the hotel earlier before the check-in time, and the staff were very helpful to help me with the check-in procedure and offered what I needed before the room has been available. The room is not new, but has been maintained okay. There was no bottle water in the room, but the hot water was offered at the lobby. There is plenty of choices in breakfast. The hotel location is just at the town center and is very easy to get other sites from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Scott_Aqua
Manuel P, Product Manager at Hotel Hacienda Plaza de Armas, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Scott,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about the hotel, I'm glad you had a great stay.

I hope to come back soon!

Kind Regards,