“Nice place to check in”
Review of Burnham Hotel

Burnham Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Baguio
Burnham Hotel
Ranked #39 of 48 Hotels in Baguio
Makati, Philippines
“Nice place to check in”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We just went to Baguio and we checked in at Burnham Hotel and its good. The room is very good and nice place to sleep, the only thing that i notice is their cable tv has a lot of korean and other channels and the best thing about this hotel it has a free wifi and its very cheap,, I wil recommend this hotel to all of my friends that will go to baguio.

Room Tip: its cheap and nice place to check in and its very accessible to the city's main attractions.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank john n

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 10 March 2012

The Burnhan Hotel is located very centraly and that is the best thing that this hotel has going for it apart from the congenial ladies running the place.For the price it was in desparate need of updating especialy the plumbing.No hot water and almost a childs toilet if you are a male it was like going fishing.Bedding a bit dodgy also.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rick1811027

Travellers are raving about these Baguio hotels

Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 11 October 2011

yuck! that is the word that would describe the room where we checked in. its dark, there were some crawling insects on the wall, on the bed and on the pillow. the blanket felt sticky on the skin ugh! i really hated my stay here. this place is almost like a dungeon. if you want comfort and value for money dont stay here. staff were ok, they stare at you in a weird manner and the ladies at the recepetion kept gossiping. ugh! this is the worst hotel ive ever seen.

Room Tip: just dont go here, that is the best tip i can give you.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank girfriend000
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Going to the summer capital of the Philippines is one of the ardent desires of any Filipinos or even foreigners. Baguio's rich culture, friendly people (and the most honest taxi drivers in the country) and fresh and delicious food. These are some of the attractions here.

Burnham Hotel is strategically situated in the midst of Baguio's downtown. It's a no frills hotel that provide excellent service, with free wi-fi. Few minutes walk to the market, burnham park and Baguio Cathedral. Service is good. The small restaurant in the hotel serves good food. The rooms don't have aircon but the place itself need not have to have one. The fresh air and cool breeze of Baguio is enough to energize the occupants. The hotel will give you a glimpse of what old Baguio is and you will be amazed how Baguio transformed into one of the busiest cities in the country.

Room Tip: Get the one facing burnmam park not the one facing the session road
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank monsiserrano
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Heed the advice of the other negative reviews on this site. Had I done so, I would have avoided the headache I endured on my recent trip to Baguio earlier this month. Sure, the room was terribly outdated and dingy (it looked like the place was once impressive and full of character, about 30 years ago!). The carpet was falling apart, the curtains in bad repair, and the bathroom being eaten away by rust. All that I could have gotten over, had it not been for finding BED BUGS in my bed. That's right. The tiny blood stains on the sheets should have been evidence enough. I asked immediately to be transfered to another room, since it was nearly 11pm and I didn't want to go searching for another hotel at night. The attendant at the desk blamed the bed bugs on a previous guest who had been staying there a while and "very friendly..." (wink wink). I was ready to go to bed in my new room (although still grossed out) when I saw several hairs on the pillow of my supposedly clean bed. Strike two. But it doesn't end there. When I went to the desk for my full refund, the attendant at the desk had only recorded that we paid 1050p for the room instead of the 1200 we did pay, so I lost 150 pesos and wasted a night transfering to the newest hotel I could find just to get as far away from this place as possible.

This is the first time I've ever taken the time to review a place on Trip Advisor, and wouldn't normally spend the time if I didn't feel like it was a moral offence to have a hotel in such bad condition (with bed bugs no less!) and still overcharge people to be there. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND RISK GETTING BED BUGS, and find another place. I hope this place gets its act together.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Traveler11216
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Sure it may be old and if your accustomed to 200 dollar a night resorts then this may not be for you BUT-- I had a great two weeks! The staff was very friendly and the adjoining restaurant always served the food hot and delicious, I highly recommend the Philipino Breakfast with a side of Banana pancakes and a cup of coffee. I also want to say that I did not see a single roach and the restrooms were fine--no problems, I was on the top floor (which I prefer) and would open my window at night to let the cool Baguio air in. The location is perfect with Burnham park and SM mall EASILY within a short walking distance. I look forward to my next stay :)
Joe, Tucson Arizona

• Stayed March 2011
4 Thank justplainyogurt
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 12 December 2010

We were shown two rooms (a "standard" room on the lower floor, and a "deluxe" room on the upper floor), both of which had ratty old carpet, old bathrooms, were VERY dark and dank, and in generally bad condition. We booked the "deluxe" room before realizing just how bad the hotel was (our decision was based on the Lonely Planet's VERY misleading recommendation for the hotel), but quickly found that our sink was clogged, the bed-sheets were ripped and stained, the carpet was ratty and bare, and the room as a whole felt dark, dank, and dirty. While the common areas of the hotel have some charm, I would NOT recommend staying here because of the extremely poor conditions of the rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple