“A must visit if you love Japanese food”
Review of Chaya

Chaya
Ranked #14 of 425 Restaurants in Baguio
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

The signage is pretty small and not lit so it was harder to find. There is ample parking space. Reservation is ideal as the place is busy.

We ordered the sashimi set, it was nice and fresh. My only concern was that the cuts are so tiny. The Gyoza was ok. Gyudon is ok. The Grilled Salmon belly was cooked well.

Miso soup was fantastic and a steal at P80. It had salmon meat inside. The crunchy salmon skin was also very good and not oily. The Pork Ginger was also very good.

This place is on the pricier side but definitely worth it.

Reviewed October 27, 2018

Honestly disappointed when we went there. The food is just okay, not worth it considering the price. Most things tasted- generic to say the least. The sashimi was cut too largely and they serve small small servings. We waited half an hour just to get our desserts and another half hour to get our bill. Too hyped, for me at least.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

My friend celebrated her birthday here. At the time, I wasn't familiar with Chaya. But the moment I tasted their food, I always wanted to come back. The restaurant itself was a home once, thats why you get that homey feel while eating. The fish with mashed potatoes were Oh my god! This is the first place I tasted matcha Ice cream. And this is place where I tasted the best matcha ice cream. Try this place! Right now!

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

Nice ambiance. food was great great value for money. The staff was great they even help us to move our car so that our eating expirence was not disturb. With free matcha ice cream after our meal!

1  Thank wiggy0916
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

This has the best Japanese food in town. Big servings and authentic Japanese. Service is good.

You need to reserve and parking is a bit limited

1  Thank evaldez2014