“The horse ride to be banished:”
Review of Taal Volcano

Taal Volcano
Book In Advance
More Info
US$92.68*
and up
Full-Day Private Tour of Taal Volcano with a...
More attraction details
Owner description: Taal Volcano is located about 60 km (about 37 miles) south of Metro Manila. Last major eruption was reported back in 1965 that affected villages in the surrounding area.
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I made the crossing by banca of the hotel Clinisan Beach Resort, to go on the island (1000 pesos). On the island, I was pulled towards a small building to pay 100 peso of tax. Then someone asked me if I wanted to make the horse ride or do the trip by feet. A horse ride tempted me, I accepted WITHOUT seeing horses. I paid 500 pesos.
Then I was brought behind the building and there I saw horses and I was ashamed. They are rachitic, there is no saddle, it is a cover with piece of wood, stirrups are pieces of iron scrap protected by pieces of garden hose, there are no reins because the horse is kept on a lead by the guide who walks close by.
There is a halfway with a nice view where there is an old lady sitting on a bench next to a cooler. She asked me if I wanted to buy something. I politely refused. Then she told me that the guide was thirsty and she gave him a soda. When I left, she asked me for 300 pesos for the guide's drink. There I laughed and tell her that 300 pesos was the price of a meal and she had not asked me for anything or explained and I refused to pay.
The ride is worth but in these conditions all the fun was ruined, and I got tired of being taken only for a wallet.

Date of experience: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"horse manure"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

Friendly Advice : for first timers. 1st do warm up or stretching to avoid any body pain at the end. Hahahaha

You can walk or to ride on a horse.

Fees :
Environmental fee - 100
Tour Guide - 500
Horse - 500
Boat Ride from batangas to taal : 1200 per boat max of 7 pax

Environmental fee is a must
You can also go alone without any guide. Walk on your own risk... Hahaaha
Horse ride, if you are not used on walking or hiking much better.
Bring extra shirt, towel, hat, water.
Boat man may ask for parking fee around 100.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed August 23, 2018

There is a lot of travel accounts that offer good group package for a half day taal travel which comes with free buko juice, water and sumbrero and plus a friendly tour guide. You can just plan ahead or go to taal on a whim, its your choice because there are a lot of people along tagaytay ang batangas that offers a taal trip.
You will ride a boat going to taal, choose walkng/trekking by a trail with or without a guide or rent a horse to go up and down. then eat lunch afterwards, coz you can finish it in half a day if you start early and based on how fast you trek..

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Princesschariza
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Bring a lot of water, bring your own food. Went here at taal volcano for all mountain bike race. Get ready for a very long walk if you dont have a bike. Horse rental are available in the area. Bring your camera for souveiner picture. Posted the rates for tourist in my picture. Safe trip and God Bless

Date of experience: October 2017