“An Must stop when in Auburn”
Review of Lasca's Restaurant

Lasca's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 122 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 12, 2018

The food is great and the portions will give you enough to take hone and enjoy the next day for dinner. The service is good and it's a fun place for friends or a family dinner. The only drawback is that the decor could be updated a bit to reflect the menu and excellence of the food being served.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is upscale country. I grew up in the area and always thought this place was special. I still visit this restaurant when I visit the area. It is upscale country with wine on the side.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed February 8, 2018

We have been to Lasca's many times. Although the food is usually very good, 2 of us in our group were not overly pleased this time. My sauce was very thick and was bland. I was able to doctor it up, but it wasn't as good as it normally is. I will chalk this up to just a bad night in the kitchen.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed January 28, 2018

Well, I finally made it to Lasca's for dinner. Locals love it. I wasn't that impressed. Our service was efficient and friendly from the front door, through our meal and as we left.
As others stated portions are pretty large. I got two appetizers and my table mate got a meal. We both took boxes home. Also, tables all around us were getting leftovers boxed.
I got the lobster gnocchi and Utica Greens. Both were covered with breadcrumbs. I liked the gnocchi and it had plenty of large pieces of lobster in the cheese sauce. The appetizer could have easily been shared with another.
The Utica Greens were a little disappointing because they didn't seem to have any prosciutto or hot peppers. The dish did have lots of bread and cheese. There was lots of breadcrumbs.
My tablemates veal dinner was really good; he enjoyed the veal and the mushroom sauce.
They offer beer, cocktails, and wine. Some wines are available by the glass and they do have a page of local Finger Lakes wines.
We didn't have dessert.
They have a large free parking lot behind the restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Scallops were rubbery and lobster way over cooked
But for Auburn... I guess you have no choice.
Hot bread was wonderful. Service was great.

Date of visit: December 2017